Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Maegor's Holdfast

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Maegor's Holdfast

The king looked tired it was clear he had not slept in some time his clothing was unkempt and he sat at a desk with documents arrayed on them studying them intensely. He looks up at Leffords entrance, "I am glad to see you returned to Kings Landing safely then Ser Lefford." He turns and holds out a sealed document. "I take it the lad is yours?" He hands it over, "this will legitimize him in the eyes of the realm."

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    "Go on, then."

He rolled his eyes, pushing down the dog that was putting its muddy paws all over his robe. There was no changing his brother, so he may as well get used to it.

"She's only human, by the Seven..."

The Prince glared at Norridge. Jaehaerys was willing to tolerate their affair, so long as it didn't become the gossip of the Red Keep.

"So see to it that she is welcomed, brother. I believe she misses her home."
    Daeron opens the door, letting his dogs cross it before himself. The thunderous bunch of hunting hounds bursted into the room. The mud-stained, dirty prince comes later, his silvery hair tied in a knot behind his head.

"Ah, you. Something, something Arryn. I don't know how you're named"

Arms akimbo he doesn't step any closer.

"We have to marry, it seems"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

He disgusted her, he smelt of dog sex, dead animals, and human stink. “Is this how you treat all the ladies?” She questioned, brow raised incredulously. “Or just the one’s you are meant to marry for the realm’s stability?” To keep your heads off pikes.. she almost said, but instead she merely kept her distance, and to her relief the pig seemed disinterested in her. She had a glimmer of hope the man would be like Jaehaerys, but it seemed that hope was lost now.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 06, 2017 at 01:52 PM.

"How would I treat them?"

He said, he scratched a dog behind its ears.

"Want me to court you, to spell gallantries and peasantries for you?"

Daeron chuckles.

"Don't fool yourself, I won't... We're stuck in this"

He shrugs. Daeron never looked at her below the chin, plainly uninterested in what she had to offer.

"This isn't a love match, you see?"

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    "Perhaps you can join me for a hunt before your return to Casterly Rock my Lord Lannister." The King says sipping from the wine goblet. "The weather has been particularly fine for it."
    Tybolt showed a genuine grin. How could he say no to a hunt, especially with the king? It had been some time since he had participated in a royal hunt.

"I would like that very much, Your Grace, thank you. I offer the same in return, whenever you visit Casterly Rock."

Lord Lannister leaned forward a bit, sipping again from his wine.

"To go from one subject to the next, what vision of the future does your Grace hold? Your royal father was a man of the smallfolk with his reforms. Is this something that your Grace also aspires?"

“That much is obvious.. on both ends.” She replied with a chilly tone, though she took interest in his disinterest in the female form. “All the same, you will treat me with the respect I am due as the daughter of Lord Arryn.. and you will keep those filthy beasts out of my room or I will have them put down.” She exhaled forcefully through her nose.

The hounds are oblivious to Arryn's disgust. One stares at her sideways, trying to figure out how to make that woman scratch his belly. Another has sit by Daeron's feet, tongue out.

"And I'm a king's son, if you play that card, I can see it and double it. Here you're just a girl; so keep the chip out of your shoulder or return to your nest"

He smiles, but his smile isn't simpathetic. Daeron raises a finger.

"You have a choice. We can make this a living hell, and I will try hard, or we can solve this rather amicably, which would be benefitial for us both"

“You are a king’s brother, and a king at odds with his kingdoms, lest neither of us would be in this position.” Alys rolled her eyes, a lesser son of greater sires, this generation of Targaryens certainly had its problems. “I am certain disrespecting my father was the intent in the Lord Hand requesting we wed, my Prince.” Alys replied with a mockingly, standing up and gesturing for the knights in the room to follow her. “I will gladly solve this amicably, as soon as you remove these beasts from my chambers.” She eyes them unpleasantly, the creatures were tracking mud all about her room.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 06, 2017 at 07:46 PM.

"Borrowed chambers you mean"

He removes his gloves.

"And never call them beasts again"

Daeron looks at the dog sitting next to him, scratching the animal behind the ears.

"I've found them to be more understanding than any other living being. There isn't a truer love, besides that of a mother; isn't that right, Valarr?"

The dog tilts his head, barks when addressed and licks his master's hand. Daeron chuckles.

"Well, this woman doesn't like you. Let's go: Matarys, Valarr, Daenora, Aegor! Come, come!"

The prince whistles.

"Let's leave lady Arryn alone"

He leaves the room, Norridge was waiting outside, now cleaned up and wearing the white enamelled armor.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

He regarded the letter in silence for a short while, processing what he'd just heard. Edric would be a full Lefford, Marya would soon be his wife: Godric concluded he must surely be dreaming.

"Thank you... your Grace." he managed to stammer out.

After a moment collecting himself, he remembered why he was actually here.

"I shall sail to Dragonstone tomorrow morning, your Grace," he said "to take up my role as steward."

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jaehaerys comes to call upon Lady Arryn in Maegor's Holdfast.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    He regarded the letter in silence for a short while, proc8essing what he'd just heard. Edric would be a full Lefford, Marya would soon be his wife: Godric concluded he must surely be dreaming.

"Thank you... your Grace." he managed to stammer out.

After a moment collecting himself, he remembered why he was actually here.

"I shall sail to Dragonstone tomorrow morning, your Grace," he said "to take up my role as steward."

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    "Of course Ser Lefford I will need Good men in the coming months. And I fear Dragonstone must be made ready. My actions do little to endear me in the eyes of the nobility."

Jaehaerys comes to call upon Lady Arryn in Maegor's Holdfast.
    Lady Arryn answered the door after allowing the Prince to wait a moment, it was always best to keep a man waiting she’d come to realize. “Lord Hand.” She began with a smile, extending her hand to the Targaryen. “I apologize for the smell, ever since my husband to be visited alongside his beasts.. the scent has lingered.” She made a sour face, as if the very thought of Daeron was repulsive.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 08, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Lady Arryn answered the door after allowing the Prince to wait a moment, it was always best to keep a man waiting she’d come to realize. “Lord Hand.” She began with a smile, extending her hand to the Targaryen. “I apologize for the smell, ever since my husband to be visited alongside his beasts.. the scent has lingered.” She made a sour face, as if the very thought of Daeron was repulsive.

"My lady."

Greeted the Prince, after a dutiful kiss upon the hand. He grimaced a little at the mention of Daeron.

"I can only apologise in turn. My brother is more concerned with enjoying himself than anything else these days. Most of his time is spent with his hounds in the Kingswood."

Such was the lot of the third son of a King, he supposed. No responsibility, only enjoyment. No purpose, either.

"So, I take it your first meeting went poorly."

"My lady."

Greeted the Prince, after a dutiful kiss upon the hand. He grimaced a little at the mention of Daeron.

"I can only apologise in turn. My brother is more concerned with enjoying himself than anything else these days. Most of his time is spent with his hounds in the Kingswood."

Such was the lot of the third son of a King, he supposed. No responsibility, only enjoyment. No purpose, either.

"So, I take it your first meeting went poorly."
    “You could say that, Lord Hand.” She began sadly, sitting down at the edge of her bed. “He came reeking of sex and death, with muddy hounds that he refused to remove from my chambers.. he.. He threatened me with a hellish life to come, Lord Hand, and insulted the Arryn name. As if we aren’t the oldest and purest bloodline to come from Andal stock..” Her deep blue eyes appeared on the verge of tears.

“You could say that, Lord Hand.” She began sadly, sitting down at the edge of her bed. “He came reeking of sex and death, with muddy hounds that he refused to remove from my chambers.. he.. He threatened me with a hellish life to come, Lord Hand, and insulted the Arryn name. As if we aren’t the oldest and purest bloodline to come from Andal stock..” Her deep blue eyes appeared on the verge of tears.
    "My brother has a sharp tongue, my lady. I am certain he didn't mean any true offence."

Said the Hand, edging forward into the room. At least the servants had done a good job of cleaning it up.

"Since our father's passing, he hasn't been quite right."

Admitted Jaehaerys. None of them really had been. They'd lost the man who had known what to do and how to act in almost any situation, and now nothing but a gaping hole was left where he had once stood and commanded the realm. A hole that all three of his sons together had thus far failed to fill.

“Your brother seems more animal than man, my Lord Hand, unwilling or unable to see his many shortcomings.” She replied wiping at the edge of her eyes. “He’s not at all like I imagined a Prince would be.” The capital isn’t at all what I imagined it would be.. She pushed a few strains of hair out of her face and back into place.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

''By all the Gods''

The Queen silently murmured when down there something went deeply wrong, blood had been suddenly started to come out of her genitals, a most worrisome sign in an advanced pregnancy.

''Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, not this''

Yelled the Queen, the horrible pains had set in, and it was by far the most painful experience in her life she had ever suffered.

''Get my husband, aaarhhh''

The Queen fell to the ground from pain where she floundered uncontrollably, blood was coming from everywhere and even the biggest idiot knew the pregnancy was going horrible wrong.

Veritas Temporis Filia

“Your brother seems more animal than man, my Lord Hand, unwilling or unable to see his many shortcomings.” She replied wiping at the edge of her eyes. “He’s not at all like I imagined a Prince would be.” The capital isn’t at all what I imagined it would be.. She pushed a few strains of hair out of her face and back into place.
    "Come, do not shed tears for him."

The King's Hand closed the distance between them tentatively, unsure as to how he could provide any sort of comfort. He tried to make his voice as soothing as possible as he took a seat next to her.

"Daeron is finding it hard to come to terms with... All this."

How could he phrase this? "My brother will never love you" or "My brother prefers boys" certainly wouldn't do.

"I don't think that he would ever find a woman to marry, if it were left up to him."

He decided upon, ambiguously.

Quote Originally Posted by Caterina Sforza View Post
    ''By all the Gods''

The Queen silently murmured when down there something went deeply wrong, blood had been suddenly started to come out of her genitals, a most worrisome sign in an advanced pregnancy.

''Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, not this''

Yelled the Queen, the horrible pains had set in, and it was by far the most painful experience in her life she had ever suffered.

''Get my husband, aaarhhh''

The Queen fell to the ground from pain where she floundered uncontrollably, blood was coming from everywhere and even the biggest idiot knew the pregnancy was going horrible wrong.

Jaehaerys heard the word from a servant, and immediately set another one off to fetch the Grand Maester. He hurried as quickly as he could to the Queen's side - all the realm had been praying for an heir, but it seemed that his brother's fortunes were only worsening by the day. And then he reached her, saw her lying there in a pool of her own blood.

"Mother's mercy..."

He paled a little, and decided that this was no place for him to be; clumsily excusing himself from all the blood and gore that failed childbirth brings.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; December 09, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Jaehaerys heard the word from a servant, and immediately set another one off to fetch the Grand Maester. He hurried as quickly as he could to the Queen's side - all the realm had been praying for an heir, but it seemed that his brother's fortunes were only worsening by the day. And then he reached her, saw her lying there in a pool of her own blood.

"Mother's mercy..."

He paled a little, and decided that this was no place for him to be; clumsily excusing himself from all the blood and gore that failed childbirth brings.
    ''oooooh, not the baby, not the baby''

The Queen cried from sorrow and pain, whatever she had suffered in the past was nothing to this. Now the Queen simply lay there on the ground, fighting her own battle for life, that of her baby was already lost.

''Oh gods, make an end to my life''

They had taken her baby from this world, it felt like this was the end. There was no point in living anymore with her baby, if she could she would have swapped her life for that of her baby but even that was not granted her.
    Veritas Temporis Filia