Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Maegor's Holdfast

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Maegor's Holdfast

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Samwell nodded in agreement with the King. "If you are certain you wish to pursue on this path I'd council you to take small steps indeed your Grace." Looks like we are getting somewhere Tarly thought to himself.
    "Perhaps," the king says a note of resignation in his voice. "I never did get to thank you for the action at High Garden, your prevented the Reach from boiling over into something worse so for that I congratulate you."

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    “They are.. unnatural your grace.” Jasper said, he understood what thing King wanted, but the situation was messy at best. “Such drastic moves fly in the face of over two centuries of tradition, when the kingdoms bent the knee they were given assurances that their rule within their kingdoms would continue, this questions that promise.” He sighed. “As for Tyrell, the whole thing was foolish, even if Lord Tyrell’s sentence to the Wall was justified. Lord Tarly only made things worse by marching on Highgarden in force, under his authority as Master of Laws.. would a simple warrant not have been sufficient?”
    The King sighed resignedly, "Your laws and customs are being upheld Lord Arryn." He pauses, "It has always been within the Kings power to settle disputes and enforce the Kingdoms laws that is not changed either. As for Lord Tyrell, when Lord Tarly arrived with the warrant for Lord Tyrell's arrest his men were fired upon, and Tyrell declared open Rebellion against the crown. His actions saw the Rebellion put down before it could begin."

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    "Perhaps," the king says a note of resignation in his voice. "I never did get to thank you for the action at High Garden, your prevented the Reach from boiling over into something worse so for that I congratulate you."
    Tarly stared down to the floor as the King said his thanks, almost as if he was hiding something. "You do me too much honor your Grace." He proceeded to say, but his tone suggested it was not all he wished to say. He would add "Let us hope it stays from boiling over your Grace."

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The King sighed resignedly, "Your laws and customs are being upheld Lord Arryn." He pauses, "It has always been within the Kings power to settle disputes and enforce the Kingdoms laws that is not changed either. As for Lord Tyrell, when Lord Tarly arrived with the warrant for Lord Tyrell's arrest his men were fired upon, and Tyrell declared open Rebellion against the crown. His actions saw the Rebellion put down before it could begin."
    “Disputes between the kingdoms, of course, but the Lords Paramount have always policed their own vassals, your grace.” He replied softly. “The blood of the Arryn flows through my veins, a noble line that has governed the Vale with wisdom and justice for over a thousand years. To allow the commoners more power than I.. it is, troubling.” He nodded. “When he arrived with four thousand men at his back.. Tyrell was in violation, but a warrant should have been served without an army. If he had disregarded it, that would have been the time to deal with his treason.”
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 16, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

The King was cleaner than when Ser Crabbe visited. The room had been scrubbed and his hair and beard were now trimmed. He looked much older than his years with the beard, but it suited him. He turns to his wife the distance melting away. He moved to her embracing her, "I am so sorry Jenny." He whispered holding her close. "I should have never let you go thourgh that alone." She could feel the dampness on his cheeks as the King began to weep softly
    ''I wish it were different and that i could have swapped my life for that of the baby.''

The whole ordeal had made the queen depressed and quite lonesome as of late. No longer jenny is the lively and spirited woman she once was, rather a broken woman now.

''We may never have another then''

Concluded the queen who had given up all hope for now. The queen blamed the burden of queenship for the baby's death.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

The King's eyes widen in shock for a moment, a Bracken and a Blackwood to wed? That would be something else however it did offer an opportunity if it was to go through. Bracken and Blackwood were both prominent houses within the Riverlands a union might see there feud ended and undermine the legitimacy of Tully. It pained him to think of his cousins wedding in such terms, but he was learning that was how one must think as King.

"Lord Bracken," he says recalling the man from when they last spoke, "You intend to wed my cousin?" He revealed nothing of his thoughts for the time.
    "That is indeed my intention your Grace." Said Rolund, stepping forward with a deep bow. "I have never met such a beautiful, clever, or wonderful woman before," he favored his beloved with a quick smile, "Though not for a lack of trying." This time he winked at the King, then looked quickly at Lady Blackwood to show that he had meant it in jest. "I intend not to let her slip away from me, and no ancient feud, or familial disapproval could keep me from wedding her now." His voice became quiet then, "No disrespect to you, your Grace, but at this point, even if you voiced disapproval in this moment it would not sway me from such a course." He stood tall before the king, still a young man, with all the pride that entailed. His left hand rested near his hip, almost hovering where the hilt of his sword would have rested, if he had not surrendered it to enter the kings presence.

"And despite my reputation, and the fact that my brother would suggest otherwise, your Grace, I am capable of some thought, and it seems there may be more in such a union for you than simply seeing your dear cousin wed."
    He suggested lightly, although there was still tension in his voice. It was clear that despite his bravado he harbored serious fear that the King might not give his blessing, since he was unsure where that might lead him.

Tarly stared down to the floor as the King said his thanks, almost as if he was hiding something. "You do me too much honor your Grace." He proceeded to say, but his tone suggested it was not all he wished to say. He would add "Let us hope it stays from boiling over your Grace."
    "Is there reason for you to suspect it will Lord Tarly?"

“Disputes between the kingdoms, of course, but the Lords Paramount have always policed their own vassals, your grace.” He replied softly. “The blood of the Arryn flows through my veins, a noble line that has governed the Vale with wisdom and justice for over a thousand years. To allow the commoners more power than I.. it is, troubling.” He nodded. “When he arrived with four thousand men at his back.. Tyrell was in violation, but a warrant should have been served without an army. If he had disregarded it, that would have been the time to deal with his treason.”
    "And as King it is my duty to ensure that Lords Paramount obey the Kings Law and do not abuse their vassals." The King says simply, "you still hold the right to justice in your lands Lord Arryn it is only when the disputes threaten the Kings Peace that the magistrates intervene, and Lord Tyrell showed the need for that army."

Quote Originally Posted by Caterina Sforza View Post
    ''I wish it were different and that i could have swapped my life for that of the baby.''

The whole ordeal had made the queen depressed and quite lonesome as of late. No longer jenny is the lively and spirited woman she once was, rather a broken woman now.

''We may never have another then''

Concluded the queen who had given up all hope for now. The queen blamed the burden of queenship for the baby's death.
    Duncan holds his wife closer, "It will be alright we.. we can try again," He did not know what else to say he had missed her so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    "That is indeed my intention your Grace." Said Rolund, stepping forward with a deep bow. "I have never met such a beautiful, clever, or wonderful woman before," he favored his beloved with a quick smile, "Though not for a lack of trying." This time he winked at the King, then looked quickly at Lady Blackwood to show that he had meant it in jest. "I intend not to let her slip away from me, and no ancient feud, or familial disapproval could keep me from wedding her now." His voice became quiet then, "No disrespect to you, your Grace, but at this point, even if you voiced disapproval in this moment it would not sway me from such a course." He stood tall before the king, still a young man, with all the pride that entailed. His left hand rested near his hip, almost hovering where the hilt of his sword would have rested, if he had not surrendered it to enter the kings presence.

"And despite my reputation, and the fact that my brother would suggest otherwise, your Grace, I am capable of some thought, and it seems there may be more in such a union for you than simply seeing your dear cousin wed."
    He suggested lightly, although there was still tension in his voice. It was clear that despite his bravado he harbored serious fear that the King might not give his blessing, since he was unsure where that might lead him.

The King nods thoughtfully considering the man he was perceptive, "Ending the fued between Bracken and Blackwood is in the crowns interests of course, but there is also the matter of Tully. It is no secret that your Lord Paramont is at odds with the crown."

The King sighs tiredly, the position had not been easy for him.

"I want to ensure that I have friends in the Riverlands in the future."

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Snip
    “With due respect, your grace, you requested my opinion and it was given.” He rub his knee deeply. “In matters that involve the greater realm I will gladly defer to the judgment of these magistrates.” He coughed deeply, the city air never sat well with him. “As to the Tyrell matter, he was guilty that is plain, however the behavior of Lord Tarly is.. suspect.”

Blog Entries

Tarly sighed a little before speaking do or die he thought to himself. "When Uthor Tyrell was still the Lord of High Garden he was easily manipulated by his wife, lady Olenna. It would be ... unwise to assume she had no part in the dealings of Lord Uthor regarding to CrakeHall. Furthermore there have been no reports of them paying the fine to Crakehall which the Lord Hand had instituted upon them and rumors swell that she intends to marry to Lord Hightower, my own son in law." Tarly paused after his compelling speech, to add some drama. "He is feeble my Lord, the magistrate that was present at his trial can attest to that. Hightower will be under the influence of her soon enough.." The fact that they were cousins was something Tarly wouldn't mention. He didn't assume the king would morally oppose that, being of the dragons blood and all.

“With due respect, your grace, you requested my opinion and it was given.” He rub his knee deeply. “In matters that involve the greater realm I will gladly defer to the judgment of these magistrates.” He coughed deeply, the city air never sat well with him. “As to the Tyrell matter, he was guilty that is plain, however the behavior of Lord Tarly is.. suspect.”
    "I will keep your troubles in mind Lord Arryn, thank you for your concern."

Tarly sighed a little before speaking do or die he thought to himself. "When Uthor Tyrell was still the Lord of High Garden he was easily manipulated by his wife, lady Olenna. It would be ... unwise to assume she had no part in the dealings of Lord Uthor regarding to CrakeHall. Furthermore there have been no reports of them paying the fine to Crakehall which the Lord Hand had instituted upon them and rumors swell that she intends to marry to Lord Hightower, my own son in law." Tarly paused after his compelling speech, to add some drama. "He is feeble my Lord, the magistrate that was present at his trial can attest to that. Hightower will be under the influence of her soon enough.." The fact that they were cousins was something Tarly wouldn't mention. He didn't assume the king would morally oppose that, being of the dragons blood and all.
    The King sighs, "Go talk to the hand about this, he has been left in charge of the Reach solution."

Blog Entries

"Your Grace" Tarly said extremely dry before turning and going. What a tool he thought.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

The King nods thoughtfully considering the man he was perceptive, "Ending the fued between Bracken and Blackwood is in the crowns interests of course, but there is also the matter of Tully. It is no secret that your Lord Paramont is at odds with the crown."

The King sighs tiredly, the position had not been easy for him.

"I want to ensure that I have friends in the Riverlands in the future."
    "If you would help us in this, your Grace, I think I speak for both Lady Blackwood and myself when I say that you would have no truer friends or more loyal servants in the Riverlands than us." He stopped to think for a moment. "With my own holdings being the Red Fork and Raventree Hall also being immediately north of Riverrun it might serve to dissuade any foolish actions on the part of Lord Tully. I also believe I may be able to convince some portion of my brother's levies to follow me if anything goes wrong." He looked earnestly at the king. "I will do whatever it takes to make Lady Blackwood my wife, and if you can help me achieve this, my loyalty is yours."

"And Lord Baratheon has openly admitted he will not support me regardless of what I do, and the last time I appointed a man to the small council to appease them I had Tyrell."

The king sighed clearly frustrated, "Some men do not want to be appeased they want to provoke conflict regardless."
    “All he can do now is grumble. Revoke the betrothal and suddenly he becomes a man with a cause, an axe to grind upon us.”

The Hand was clearly concerned with how the meeting had gone thus far: Baratheon had proven himself averse to compromise that did not favour him overly.

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    "If you would help us in this, your Grace, I think I speak for both Lady Blackwood and myself when I say that you would have no truer friends or more loyal servants in the Riverlands than us." He stopped to think for a moment. "With my own holdings being the Red Fork and Raventree Hall also being immediately north of Riverrun it might serve to dissuade any foolish actions on the part of Lord Tully. I also believe I may be able to convince some portion of my brother's levies to follow me if anything goes wrong." He looked earnestly at the king. "I will do whatever it takes to make Lady Blackwood my wife, and if you can help me achieve this, my loyalty is yours."
    The King nods thoughtfully, his face still hiding his true feelings, "Then you two shall be wed in the eyes of the Gods," He turns to Lady Blackwood, "I understand you would prefer it done in the Godswood correct?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    “All he can do now is grumble. Revoke the betrothal and suddenly he becomes a man with a cause, an axe to grind upon us.”

The Hand was clearly concerned with how the meeting had gone thus far: Baratheon had proven himself averse to compromise that did not favour him overly.
    "As if he is not already a man with an axe to grind. He all but threatened me in my own keep."

Duncan said with an unusual heat in his voice, "I tried to be patient with the man, but he seems content to spit on the Crowns authority."

"Let him spit, make threats, and complain. There is nothing else that he can do."

Jaehaerys explained, calmly. He would then marry their sister and be roped into the Crown's influence whether he liked it or not.

"Trust me on this, brother. Let him brood in Storm's End. If he knows what is best for him he shall bend to our will before long."

"Very well Jae I will take your advice in this case," Duncan says a touch resigned, "I pray you are right the crown has few friends now."

The King nods thoughtfully, his face still hiding his true feelings, "Then you two shall be wed in the eyes of the Gods," He turns to Lady Blackwood, "I understand you would prefer it done in the Godswood correct?"
    She watched on as her cousin and her beloved talked with each other, speaking of marriage and the future of the Riverlands. "In the eyes of the Gods." she repeated. "Old and new. It would be my preference to be wed in the Godwood; with a septon present to say the vows of the Seven. I was thinking, now we are here - and if you would want to give me away we can do it in the Godswood of the Red Keep."

She was a bit anxious. "You are happy, are you not, cousin?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    She watched on as her cousin and her beloved talked with each other, speaking of marriage and the future of the Riverlands. "In the eyes of the Gods." she repeated. "Old and new. It would be my preference to be wed in the Godwood; with a septon present to say the vows of the Seven. I was thinking, now we are here - and if you would want to give me away we can do it in the Godswood of the Red Keep."

She was a bit anxious. "You are happy, are you not, cousin?"
    The king was increasing his wine intake by the minute and thus became somewhat slow in responding to his cousin.
    "I will allow it." he murmured as he took an other sip. "Oh yes I am worry not my dearest!" he exclaimed happily. Clearly drunk however.

After Jenny had spoken with Duncan, the Hand comes calling.

Blog Entries

OOC: for me? or Jenny?

The hand is received, he however immediately notes the king is intoxicated.