Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Red Keep

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Red Keep

Once again the king sought to usurp the power of the Lord Paramounts, but he ignored the slight. The Vale will rally at the Bloody Gate, Your Grace. Arryn replies. My brother will lead them from there when the pretenders show themselves. Perhaps march to Harroway’s Town for the crossing.

Lord Baratheon nodded in terms of the King's task towards him.
    "I will assemble the army as soon as I can, your grace", he said eventually, once most discussions regarding the northern gathering point were sorted out, "It is likely that the capital or the area around will be a likely landing point. Nontheless we will keep an eye on the coasts as well. If Blackfyre threatens my coasts again, our fury will tear him apart."

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    "I think not, Sire. I have no interest in mustering a host to march 200 miles or more north of my lands and then return south again to feet. Such foolishness breeds mutiny and discontent. If the armies of the Vale, Riverlands and North are to rally, let it be in a sensible location. Let us muster at the crossing of Lord Harroway's Town, the Valesmen can cross the Trident at the town and the Northmen can move through the Twins and march down along the river. It is far more efficient on both parts. "
    The King balled his fist once more. How could Tully know Blackfyre would land South? The King felt unpleased by this. He signaled for Ser Tarly and whispered in his ear. No letter leaves the Red Keep, and no one leaves the Red Keep until Jae says so. Inform him to have a close look of Lord Tully.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Once again the king sought to usurp the power of the Lord Paramounts, but he ignored the slight. The Vale will rally at the Bloody Gate, Your Grace. Arryn replies. My brother will lead them from there when the pretenders show themselves. Perhaps march to Harroway’s Town for the crossing.
    For the first time in his reign it looked as if the King was the one who understood tactics and noble right better than two of his Lord Paramounts. He replied to both Tully and Arryn.

"No." The King replied coldly. "Though I shall head to your advice my Lord Tully. Raventree hall will be the point where the three armies will join. Of course you are free where you muster your force before you march for Raventree Hall Lord Arryn. Our kinsman shall welcome your mighty hosts gladly." He concluded, trying to be somewhat diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Lord Baratheon nodded in terms of the King's task towards him.
    "I will assemble the army as soon as I can, your grace", he said eventually, once most discussions regarding the northern gathering point were sorted out, "It is likely that the capital or the area around will be a likely landing point. Nontheless we will keep an eye on the coasts as well. If Blackfyre threatens my coasts again, our fury will tear him apart."
    This stemmed the king happy.
    "Very well. Prince Jaeharys will work with you all on matters of strategy until we are to rally."

"I suggest a war council, my lords, so that the defence of the realm is considered with patience. We cannot let this pretender strike fear into our hearts and allow us to act rashly."

Interjected the Prince, trying to smooth the obvious tensions caused by the demands of the King.

"The Wardens must of course tend to their respective domains. I predict a landing near the capital to be their preferred option, as they tried previously."

Sharp Point had been where the last invasion had landed, right at the doorstep of the capital itself.

"For now, see to it that your forces are mustered and ready to march should the Crown have need of them. Strategy shall be discussed at a later date."

Daemon Mallister decided now was the time to speak up " Your Graces " He kneeled before the King and the other Lords before speaking again , "With your permission I wish to join in on the war council so that i may aid the assemble lords with the defense of the realm and help them plan the defense of the realm . My family has been trained for generations in the art of planning and analyzing and i wish to lend my expertise to the war council if the permission is granted " He said in a strong voice confident that he would be allowed on the war council so he could help with the defense of the realms.

He stood up and placed a hand on his chin as he was once again deep in thought. Would they strike the same place twice or would the Blackfye pretender strike someplace else instead. History does show that people tend to go with routine and do not stray from it. Same could be said with the war.. Would another blackfye rebellion strike the same place twice or would they go some place different. what if they were wrong and the capital was not targeted.. But instead another location.. Would they be prepared enough to strike back he wondered as he looked around at the assembled lords.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345