Thread: Commission request for a modder: Making a Trial version of a Slann Mage Priest update idea

Default Commission request for a modder: Making a Trial version of a Slann Mage Priest update idea

I have been making several threads this past month in which I discussed possible Slann Mage Priest improvements, and which people felt would be the most rewarding and balanced. After making a summary of that I posted it here on the official forums:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...eprisal-update

However, I wanted to have a sort of "test run" and see how strong this would make the Slann Mage Priests in the campaign. As such I am looking for a modder who could implement these changes to his or her best ability.

I know this will be a simpler version, but the idea is basically to reuse already existing effects/abilities/items etc. and make them work for the Lizardmen. I don't mind commissioning a Modder for this, and compensate him for his effort.

To sum it up, I would like to try playing the Lizardmen with the following Changes:

1) Let your Slann Mage Priest be summoned for a higher level for each Star Chamber you possess. Basically each Star Chamber you own gives your Slann Mage Priests a stackable global +3 (or +2) level when summoned.

2) Let your summoned Slann Mage Priests get stronger based on the total strength of your Geomantic Web. Basically letting you be able to summon older generation Slann (the oldest is the 2nd generation, the youngest the 5th). This is shown by those Slann gaining increasingly strong traits and items.

This will be similar to the High elves and gaining lords with stronger traits. The Slann could gain renamed traits from them, but I'm also thinking about including sometimes an item. Perhaps a item that gives the Chaos Tomb Blade effect but then for Lizardmen units? Or an item that gives the mist of the lady effect to the Slann. But for these items you or your militairy allies would need access to some of the unique Lizardmen buildings: https://imgur.com/a/1laCT#YhzCC7A

3) Grant the Slann Mage Priest the Comet of Casandora bound spell, while Lord Mazdamundi his Ruination of cities spell has it's damage amplified a little bit. To compensate for the random lines. The Slann Mage Priest and Mazdamundi would gain this bound spell at lvl 20, while Mazdamundi's Ruination of cities would then be moved to a requirement of lvl 25.

4) Lower the movement speed of the Astromancy stance to 15%, and let your Slann Mage Priests make even better use of it: Let each Star Chamber that you own lower the movespeed penalty for the Slann Mage Priest by 3% (up to 5 times). Also if possible, could you add an ambush chance of 10% to the Slann Mage Priest while he is in this stance? Increased by 5% for each Star Chamber you possess. This means that the Slann Mage Priest will both be less impaired by the movement speed pentalty, as well as gain a small chance to ambush enemies while in this stance.

5) If there are good ideas for abilities and skills in the game, that could be renamed a bit and which could work well as possible skills for the Slann then I would love to see those added as well. Perhaps as a standard skill or one of the traits that you can get when summoning an old enough slann.

6) Make it so that most spells for the Slann Mage Priest only require one point to fully upgrade, as well as requiring less points to advence, so that the Slann can sooner gain his magical might (which would make sense for a unit that requires both a high tier building and a ritual to summon).
    And also create a second spell skill tree like Mannfred has, and move his High Magic spells there. While filling the spots with worth while spells from other lore, like Net of Amyntok. This way you will both have more options, and also be able to end up with enough skill points for your blue and red trees.

Also grant the Slann Mage Priest access to the Higher State of Consciousness skill. And instead of the roiling skies, perhaps he could gain a different more universal useful skill trait? That, or keep his traits to just the Lore of Light and High magic ones.

7) Give the Slann Palaquin throne a 25% additional Ward Save. Right now he gets focussed down easily by ranged fire, even with the 40% missile resistance. And in the table to he was known as the best grinder due to his amazing 4+ ward save. This would make the slow moving Palaquin a lot more durable.

8) While updating the skill tree of the Slann Mage Priest, perhaps Mazdamundi could also be improved by granting him a similar Skill update. This can still be mixed, as I like how he is able to gain the best spells from all trees. However then I would also like to see Mazdamundi with the Comet of Casandora as an additional bound spell.
    Also instead of Roiling Skies, give Mazda the Shield of Saphery trait. This will be a lot more useful for him.

This will involve reusing and renaming a good number of traits and abilities, or simply making new ones if the modder sees fit. But I would love to try this mod and see how these effects would influence the campaign.

Bonus points if any modder could also add the Online Battle Ideas that I added here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...eprisal-update Though this is optional. However one thing that I would like to see changed is to give Mazdamundi the Comet of Cassandora bound spell as well, though this would cost the same extra as the Challice of potions ability (same for the Slann Mage Priest). While Mazda also has the Shield of Saphery trait instead of Roiling skies.

If anyone is interested, please respond in the comments below. I would be happy to compensate people for their efforts, so that I can try these ideas out myself and see how they would work out in practice.

Default Re: Commission request for a modder: Making a Trial version of a Slann Mage Priest update idea

UPDATE:

I changed the ideas based on some feedback, and posted it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...N7jupP9JrWoGUj

I was wondering if there was a modder who would be able to make these changes for both the Campaign and Custom battles, and if he/she would be willing to make these for me as a commission?

I have a bit of a stressful and long job, so I have little free time available. So learning to mod is sadly out of the question. And if anyone would be willing to make this mod for me to try out and see if I'm on the right track, then I would greatly appreciate it. As well as compensate him/her for the efforts of course.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, either with comments or messages.