link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=853420278

The Roman Empires. Ancient, mighty, yet at the verge of collapse.
In the West, barbarians gnaw at the borders of the overstretched Empire - like vultures circling a tired lion – and with every passing year the Hunnic threat rises. Talks of a demon-in-training grow, a Rider of the Apocalypse who will lead the Huns into the heart of the Empire and bring ruin onto the Eternal City.
In the East, the emerging Sassanids and their numerous vassals pressure the Eastern Roman Empire into action. From his throne in Constantinople, Theodosius I is forced to see helplessly the collapse of the West, unable to send aid lest he and his Empire too be ravaged by its enemies.
Yet there is still hope, for fate is not set in stone. Both Empires race against time to modernize and keep up with the world. Yet there are those within that would see the return to the ancient ways, to the time of Gods and Legends, to the old glory of Rome. Will they accept the new world and change too to adapt to it? Will they stand against the tide and take back their ancient power? Or will they be swept away, their self-proclaimed heirs taking what they want from their corpses and rise from the ashes?

Attila allows us to play as the decaying Western and Eastern Roman Empires, yet even as we save them from collapse against all odds few things change. This mod fixes that by giving us two new options!
Into The Middle Ages: One must change in other to survive. By having a major portion of your population be Christian, both Empires can take a new form as they adapt to the world. The WRE will all of its ancient technology as it takes the mantle of the Holy Roman Empire, but gain power in the form of new religious buildings and units, evolving into a prototypal form of the Kingdoms we see in Age of Charlemagne. The ERE only loses most of the ancient tech, choosing to take a new form as the Byzantine Empire yet still basing itself in the ways of old.

Reclaim The Ancient Ways: Moving forward isn’t the only way to save Rome. By converting to Graeco-Roman Paganism and having a major portion of the population believing in the Old Gods you can return the Empires to their roots. The WRE becomes truly Imperial once again, regaining its old Legions and martial organization, and its ancient technology is upgraded with knowledge of the modern era. The ERE on the other hand goes back to the roots of Rome and reforms the Republic and the SPQR, while still regaining access to the ancient Legions.

There’s also a third hidden option if you manage to keep either religion under 50% and are the only Empire remaining. Bring forth the Great Renaissance as the singular great power of the world!

What other changes does this mod do?
- Refine the city classification. Both Roman factions have more choice in their buildings
- Massive amount of new units, with four different styles (about 200 in total)
- Legacy technologies are no longer disabled by research, only by religion. Research to your heart’s content!
- Historical buildings and variant recruiting systems, similar yet simpler than Fall of the Eagles
- Religiously exclusive units. The Roman Republic has no need for Templars, and the Holy Roman Empire no longer wants the Legions.
- Both Roman Empires have access to Pagan and Christian churches, unless one of the religions is above 50%. Want to have a secular Empire that respects both faiths? You can have that! Need the bonuses of a Christian church in a province, but another province can withstand the food cost of a Graeco-Roman church? No longer will you have to choose!

What is different between Roman Rebirth and Roman Rebirth II?
1. More balanced units and buildings
2. More gameplay strategies
3. More and better units
4. AI Support, it now knows how to use the buildings

COMPATIBILITY

This mod is compatible with most mods which don’t change most vanilla scripts and rules (IE most unit mods and reskins).
Here are some mods I have tested:
Terminus Total War - Imperium is fully compatible.
Radious is compatible but my units and buildings will be weaker than the average.
Fall of the Eagles is compatible but some of my units will be too strong.
Remember, if you want to know if a particular mod works, you can always try! In principle, most mods won’t cause the game to crash if combined with mine, but don’t forget I don’t balance according to those mods! So pick and mix at your heart’s content.

You can play this mod in multiplayer if you want. Each Roman variant is a faction of its own, and it’s units are balanced towards the base game.