Thread: BRAN MAC BORN'S SHOGUN 2 CAMPAGIN AI MOD

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default BRAN MAC BORN'S SHOGUN 2 CAMPAGIN AI MOD

Bran Mac Born Campaign AI mod uses some of the modifications from Bran settings for Darthmod. These are the main campaign behavior settings and battle AI adjustments. You will see the that the Campaign AI is more aggressive and in combat that the AI will flank more and and behave in a more coherent manner in advancing and with slower movement on the battlefield for better maneuvering for the player. Use with Vanilla game or Can be used with most mods.

Released in two formats. First file is in mod format. The second file is in movie format. Use what works for you.

WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=193736354
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 06, 2019 at 09:55 PM.

Default Re: BRAN MAC BORN'S SHOGUN 2 CAMPAGIN AI MOD

Does this also affect naval combat?

I am totally confused on how to use these files, any help?

Are these files compatible with "Master of Strategy" mod ?

Patrician

It is not compatible with other ai mods-why would it be?

Bran, i hope you can help me with this (as you have been busy with the BAI and such). I have been busy with artillery, but i have noticed something very odd that also returns when playing ETW/NTW and S2TW. It looks like that artillery can only unlimber ones. It goes in to range (or at least, it tries to go in range, most of the time it doesn't even do that), fires and when the enemy unit is routed (or dead) and is not anymore in range, the cannon limbers and just walk straight forward, without unlimbering again. I really have broke my mind on this and have done several tests, always same result. Have you noticed this issue with the BAI in that particular case? Now we all know that BAI is as dumb as poop. But this is making me crazy.

Patrician

This is a bug from vanilla game-it is crazy-that is why a increase range of art to help stop this. I wanted the arty to open fire at beginnig of the batle as to stop this crap from the AI of CA.

The problem is that i increased the battle maps. And the AI deploys most of the time entirely from the back (at the border of the map). It looks really stupid that i make a 6lb cannon have a range of 2km. I think the problem lies in the code. They forgot to add a line of code that the cannon needs to unlimber every time the cannon is in range of an enemy unit and limbers when it's not in range (and go forward). Could this behavior be tweaked by using a lua script for example?
    Last edited by izzi; November 15, 2018 at 06:06 PM.