Thread: Empire Divided is apparantly coming with a new "push forwad" animation. Will this be a gift or a curse?

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Icon5 Empire Divided is apparantly coming with a new "push forwad" animation. Will this be a gift or a curse?

From what I have seen in previews of Empire Divided, the pike formations come with an animtion that grudually walks them forward while they are engaged in melee. I know that pikes have made KAM's life a living hell. For DeI's balance, is this a welcome change that may be able to finally fix pikes, or is the change projected to just it all up and perhaps make it even worse?

Default Re: Empire Divided is apparantly coming with a new "push forwad" animation. Will this be a gift or a curse?

It would only be in the Empire Divided campaign, right?

Default Re: Empire Divided is apparantly coming with a new "push forwad" animation. Will this be a gift or a curse?

Did you see a button to specifically press forward? because you can actually press forward with pikes and hoplites by doble clicking in the engaged enemy...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I think Matmannen means that pikes use passive push in Empire Divided, which means that AI will also use it. I hope it will be working same way in the base game.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Do you have a video of this new animation?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Do you have a video of this new animation?
    I'm assuming it's this: https://youtu.be/Wsp9tDN1Xus?list=LL...qYsskEA&t=1223

UltimateTobi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    Well, it looks like the Double-Click Mechanic DEI introduced. Just... automated?

It probably still requires a double click. Most people double click enemies by default.
    It doesnt look ANY different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    It probably still requires a double click. Most people double click enemies by default.
    It doesnt look ANY different to me.
    the youtubers with early access have all been generally saying it's noticeably better, take from that what you will

Quote Originally Posted by User29 View Post
    the youtubers with early access have all been generally saying it's noticeably better, take from that what you will
    I doubt they are as hardcore detail oriented as me, and i doubt they play as much as me.

Easy to jump back in and see some minor changes appear bigger than they are.

Ill believe it when I see it, and see what KAM can do with it.

They should have do this for every unit, unless if they actually did... Anyway this was the best way to simulate the "pushing mechanic" from rome 1

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by User29 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    I doubt they are as hardcore detail oriented as me, and i doubt they play as much as me.

Easy to jump back in and see some minor changes appear bigger than they are.

Ill believe it when I see it, and see what KAM can do with it.
    I'm not very fond of youtuber players as well. They usually not very observing and they're not going ''too deep'' with most games and mechanics more importantly.

You can kinda do a pushlike thing with pikes already, with the pikes selected hold control and rearrange their formation a bit forward in the enemy line and they will press forward pushing enemies back in the proccess with their pikes.

It only works with pikes though if you do it with any other infantry they will try to walk inside the enemy formation and get slaughtered
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That is the worst way to do the push in DeI ;P We have even included a description for hoplites and pikes in the ability icon. Single click works as push and hold (or just hold if enemy is pressing too hard) while double click on the enemy will force pikes to do the push no matter what (so you must time it, pushing hard on fresh, heavy, elite infantry will just help them close the distance).
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    That is the worst way to do the push in DeI ;P We have even included a description for hoplites and pikes in the ability icon. Single click works as push and hold (or just hold if enemy is pressing too hard) while double click on the enemy will force pikes to do the push no matter what (so you must time it, pushing hard on fresh, heavy, elite infantry will just help them close the distance).
    Oh yeah, I mean in unmodded R2, I don't to be responsible for some people losing their army following my vanilla trick
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I'm genuinely unsure if they've added this mythical push or not. I've been throwing pikes and hoplites around all afternoon, and now and then it has almost seemed like the former will shove their way forward - but it may only be a slightly odd-seeming pursuit of a knocked-back enemy.