Thread: Rome II HD Project: True Legions of the Third Century

Default Rome II HD Project: True Legions of the Third Century

Hey guys, Celticus from the Rome II HD series here announcing the start of a new project. I was currently working on a large project to go alongside my HD series of mods and then had the unfortunate experience of seeing what CA is giving to us in the form of models and units for the Empire Divided DLC. I think it doesn't do the era justice and that the situation needs to be corrected. I and Attila from the True Legions and Ancient Armies Mod will be working on a reskin for the vanilla units that brings them up to the quality that the Crisis of the Third Century demands. Below is a proof of concept image that I worked on for the mod. Research and work is well under way and I hope that people will enjoy it when it is out.

Roman Legionaries of the Third Century:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Rome II HD Project: True Legions of the Third Century

I am excite.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

You have done some amazing work my friend. There's no single campaign in my saves without your work in it. I won't be buying Empire Divided but I'm sure you'll greatly improve the DLC for the ones who are interested.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

This looks great! Your contributions have been phenomenal, and this looks no different. Thanks!

Great to hear you guys are working on the third century Romans.
    Just a thought, if you guys are looking for more assets to use, you should check out the Fall of the Eagles Roman assets they created, they might let you guys use some stuff, particularly their hamata and squamata armors, I think it would fit pretty well with the era.

Awesome, can't wait to see this project develop

Good job, will you make an Attila version of this?

Any more screenies?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Any more screenies?
    Work is progressing slowly. Finishing another project before fully moving onto this. Here is a first attempt at one of the Dura Epos shields.

Nice! Keep up the great work. Those shields look so gritty and detailed!

Honestly, I don't think your projects get commended enough. I see your mods liked and subscribed on steam all the time, but doesent get brought up in discussion enough. You are truly a credit to this community. Thank you. +Rep

Rep this man, dammit!
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; November 26, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Looks fantastic, those shields really are a home-run.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Very pleased to see work on shields being done for this DLC. IMHO the shield designs were by far the weakest part of the DLC, everything else is done pretty well.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Very excited for this project.

Neat!!! but will you be creating any new models besides the shield? or will the units just be comprised of existing Rome II and Attila assets? also who made the the shield and what mod is it currently in?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by LEONARDO THE GREAT View Post
    Neat!!! but will you be creating any new models besides the shield? or will the units just be comprised of existing Rome II and Attila assets? also who made the the shield and what mod is it currently in?
    Honestly I'd just be happy with the shields only. I mean half the time the units don't even look anything like their unit cards, when I saw the card for Illyrian armoured pikes I was expecting them to all have eagles on their shields and instead I got a random selection of shields, which was annoying. It's not even like the shields look complementary; the colours clash and are from entirely different units in the Notitia Dignitatum.
    As far as I know shields are the main focus of the mod, but maybe he'll do some other stuff eventually, I'd like to see the hopelessly anachronistic armour for the Illyrian auxiliary swords and archers changed to something from the third century for example.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Man thank you so much! This is what i am waiting for. Your other mods are very impressive! Thank you for your efforts!

Hey any progress on these?

Nope