Thread: Just The Right Unit Size For Low-Medium PCs. (Rome 2 - Vanilla - Units)

Default Just The Right Unit Size For Low-Medium PCs. (Rome 2 - Vanilla - Units)

Mod Unit size Tweaked for the low spec PCs..

Ive realized that my previous version of unit size tweak is realistic but kinda too OP. so i re-edit the files and release this "low-pc unit size version".
    You dont have to set the unit-size in settings to low.. you can now set it to default or ultra high.. still you will get the max unit size of around 200? yeah and probably it is a naval unit. I did increase the naval units a lot especially the egyptian fleet so that it can accommodate more ships.

Unit Sizes Varies on unit types now.. e.g. hoplites have around 100-80 men depending on type if its a levy or something it is bigger, if its elite unit much smaller. no generic 160 or 80 for all infantry. except cavalry, i didnt touched them because if i did they will become too OP. For instance they can charge the flanks and destroy a one in one single blow if i increase the size or they can easily be picked off by archers if i decrease the size.
    Naval units now have more ships per unit. one unit card can have two or more ships even if its a transport. it can even have up to 4. I did this so that naval battles can be challenging. unlike in vanilla rome 2 where battles only last around 1-2 mins, they usually only ram once and rout or sink and thats all no thrill. but with this mod naval units can have 2 ships. so a "single ship" unit card can be destroyed by "dual-ship" unit card even if they carry less men. it depends on tactics now.

note this only works for vanilla units. but it will work if the you have a mod reskin for the vanilla units. I only tweaked the sizes and ships not the skin textures.

Preview:

My Settings: medium pc

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Land Units:

Egyptians - Pike Around 120 units.

Swordsmen - 80 men. But Depends on Culture or Faction and Unit Type if its a levy or elite. (generic size around 60-100 men).

Aux - Slingers (Around 80-120 men again depends on culture etc.)

cavalries- didnt tweaked them so here it is. they may become or OP or weak if i change it.. CA just made just the right size for them in the first place.

Hastati - Roman levy.. (80 men).

Legionary Cohort - 80 men. like in the history books. 80 or 60 men per maniple / century.) 480 in total for a cohort. I have that size in my previous version.

elephants and chariots - (cavalry) i didnt tweaked all forms of cavalries as they are game changers and may affect gameplay a lot.

barbarians - 80 men usually depends on the type of barbarians too. some have 100 others have low amount - 60. (probably an elite)

Egyptian Infantry. 100 men

Royal Peltast - (60, an Elite unit)

Naval Units:

clashes - see changes? you dont need to control every ship to charge you just need to click one unit and all 2 or 3 or more ships will charge and ram.

Too bad i didnt set my graphics to high to see those explosions.

Naval archers

roman ships

CHAOS

P.S. I lost the sea against egypt but i won in land..

egyptian heavy ships

P.S. the flag represent the unit card. one unit card with two ships. 140 men (70 in each ship). i just lowered the flag size cuz its annoying in the game.

downloads: Unit_Size_M.rar
    extract and put into data folder of rome 2 where you can see the data.pack and data2.pack of rome.
    Last edited by Frunk; March 10, 2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Spoilers added for easier viewing.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Just The Right Unit Size For Low-Medium PCs. (Rome 2 - Vanilla - Units)

Great work again.

When you post a lot of images, please consider using spoilers. A guide on how to do that is here. This time, I've done it for you.

Default Re: Just The Right Unit Size For Low-Medium PCs. (Rome 2 - Vanilla - Units)

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Great work again.

When you post a lot of images, please consider using spoilers. A guide on how to do that is here. This time, I've done it for you.
    ok next time.. sorry for being a noob. and for bad english . but lemme try it.

[\SPOILER]

great ive done it thanks for info about spoilers.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

No problem whatsoever!