Thread: How to get your allies to take your offer?

Default How to get your allies to take your offer?

I was trying to rescue scotland from england but they refuse all my offerings. Scotland is poor but won't take any money or regions I offer, so I've been keeping them alive by continously pushing england back. It's like it they are trying to sabotage themselves. Is there a trick to this?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: How to get your allies to take your offer?

You need to improve your faction's reputation.

Its a pride thing. I have a not so cool way of doing it get diplomats to all the places you are in bad standing with .... offer them like six lands ( something they will say no to because they ccant pay for it ) keep doing it over and over even if they reject , it will increase your standing, ( after every two or three rejects) with that faction and subsequently your general rep which may make Scotland say yes.

Other than that try not to go to war, dont sack cities release prisoners and be a good guy. Im not sure if Scotland's worth all that.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

You can offer items like regions or cash as a gift. Press the little button to the left of the "Make Offer" button (IIRC). Gifts are never refused (again IIRC).

Thread moved from Medieval II: Total War General Discussion.
    Last edited by Frunk; November 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM.

Gifts are sometimes refused later in the game, especially if they are small, or if an attack is gifted without a cash sweetener.

I never offer regions because of the huge Reputation penalty if you ever have to take them back, no matter how much time has passed or how treacherous the faction made a gift of a region has been. Sometimes you can buy them back, most easily if it is a castle, but in general gifting regions is not recommended (by me, in any case).
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz