Thread: Hidden Chaos Dwarfs homelands?

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Default Hidden Chaos Dwarfs homelands?

Hey guys. Today I started recording my first TWW2 Vortex LP and came to think what races were left for TWW3. To be honest, the addition of Khemri via DLC for TWW2 is an open secret. As I have played the tabletop myself I know a bit about the lore and the only real options are the Chaos Dwarfs and the Ogres. So I thought maybe the Mortal Empires map has some hints on this and was quite surprised as I noticed there is actually a huge portion of the map that is not accesible...around 10-20% of the whole world! So I used a FoW deactivation mod to take a look at it and this is what I found...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It seems the Mortal Empires maps actually has a region for Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres at the ready for TWW3...
    Last edited by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf; November 20, 2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Hidden Chaos Dwarfs homelands?

Ah sight....Old news. Basically all info was datamined a long time ago. http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-...ack-plans.html
    That was basically concept for current Mortal Empires. Prediction about factions are so far quite correct. Question is, if that is prediction even for WH3. Darklands says so. Definitely taking into account how Vortex map was cut into Mortal Empires I can definitely see WH3 "Mortal Empires 2.0" there...

General:
    -We will probably get two faction expansion packs - HE/DE , Skaven/Lizardmen - wach one with new units, RoR and new LL
    -We know we will get another free LL as FLC (HE,Lizardmen,Skacen (DE not shown so far) and another FLC as "experiment" with jungle thematics....could be anything from Vampire Coast, Tomb Kings and potion of Life experiment or Skavens with their Warpstone / tech / animal tinkering..
    -There should be two big DLC with new factions, first one is without minicampaign but with 4 LL...all hints on Tomb Kings, second is may be about skavens as they were hinted by datamined info, I will state reason lower...
    -WH1 featured pre-order faction - Chaos Warriors, WH2 pre-order Norsca, free faction - Bretonnia...WH2 can feature similar content with Mortal Empires as additional bonus? I would quess around two other factions...

Anyway with combination of Mortal Empires and Vortex Campaign hints we can try to predict future content and with knowledge of WH1 DLC/FLC sheme as well.

I was lurking in Assembly Kit,PFM and found some hints maybe, this time looking for settlements with high number of building slots (minor 4, major 8, while race usual capitols have 10 and WE 12 for being lazy hippies ). My idea is, any new additions will be probably added into both campaigns as making most of it. Therefore looking for overlapping things might be useful.....

In Vortex:
    10-slots - WE Orenīs Camp
    - Lothern, Naggarond, Hexoatl, Itza,
    - Khemri

In Mortal Empires:
    12-slots - 4x WE settlements
    10-slots - Altdorf, Castle Drakenhof, Karak-A-Karak, Black Crag, Corounne, Miragliano,
    - Lothern, Naggarond, Hexoatl, Itza
    - Skavenblight, Hell Pit
    - Khemri, Lahmia

1) Looks like Tomb Kings are real thing. Khemri - Settra is hit in both campaigns, Lahmia - Nefarata
    2) Orenīs Camp is probably just another lazy hippie town to support WE AI
    3) Itza is hinting another LL - Lord Kroak
    4) Skavens....skavens are starting in ME far away any big Skaven "town" of Skavenblight / Hell Pit ....so i think we will see two more LLs starting near these big cities. Hell Pit - Clan Moulder - Throt the Unclean / Skweel Gnawtooth, Skavenblight - Clan Skyre - Ikit Claw ...possibly Grey Seers - Thanquol but he is in the same boat like Gotrek and Felix...There could be next big DLC as well. Reason for this DLC is that Vortex map cannot do justice to whole Under-Empire. That needs either Mortal Empire map (which is not for everybody as not everybody owes both games) or minicampaign. Skavens are probably only factions large enough to support such campaign and having enough interesting material, characters and inner conflicts. We are basically missing Skryre, Moulder, Eshin..lots of units...
    5) Miragliano - Tilea???? This is interesting as Tilea is non playable right now while fielding empire units and having 10 slot settlement. What about mercenary armies DLC for Vortex ..improving New World Colonies and Tilea at the same time?
    Putting everything just about factions together:
    WH2 - Tomb Kings, WH3 - Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Forces of Chaos (up to 4 different) Then we are missing things like Tilea (Estalia, Border Princes), Kislev, Araby, Dogs of War/Mercenaries/Amazons/Pirates, Nippon, Cathay, Ind

Then we might be missing minor splinter factions as Vampire Coast, Karak Zorn, Oreonīs Camp,
    Then some serious improvement to Skaven Clans, better Empire....

Albion, Halflings.....are probably no go. Albion is just more likely campaign setting than full faction...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Well, it is news for the german community and me. After searching for some time via Google and Youtube I couldn't find much about this area on the map. Maybe you mined info on the Vortex and Mortal Empires DLCs still to come, but we now have a visual proof of Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres as the most likely TWW3 factions. I am quite excited about that, as I really love the lore of the Chaos Dwarfs.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

I can't wait for Lord Kroak. His model is one of my favorites from tabletop...
    Forward, march!