Thread: What governs settlement layout?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default What governs settlement layout?

Weird question, but does anyone know what governs settlement layout in Attila? It's just that some maps are a lot easier to defend than others, and I'd like to know how to tell which map I'm getting. For example, I hate trying to defend those WRE small settlements with the broken arena in the center, but have no way of knowing which settlements are like that.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: What governs settlement layout?

I guess its random more or less. Like there is 2 or 3 layouts for each type, like: coast/inland & capital/minor settlement. Each culture has it own types. Those are obvious roman, barbarian and eastern.
    It seems game chooses random layout first time around and it stays that way for the rest of the campaign.
    Overall, it seems WRE always gets those bad layouts just for extra difficulty imo.