Thread: Rebel fleets spawning in ponds

Default Rebel fleets spawning in ponds

Every once in a while a rebel fleet will spawn in a puddle of water, completely isolated from ports. As a consequence, there's no way I can destroy it with my own fleets and I don't seem to be able to bribe them with diplomats. The only way to get rid of them is to reload the last turn and just pray they don't respawn.

a) Are there consequences to just leaving them alone? Does the presence of rebel fleets impact order? What about trade (seeing as there's no ports or trade routes to block?

b) If so, is there any way to destroy them? I can't find anything in the console commands that seem to work.

Default Re: Rebel fleets spawning in ponds

There's a "pirate-sweeper" script that runs periodically to get rid of them. There's nothing you can do, unless you teleport one of your fleets into the pond (via move_character) to kill them, then teleport them back out again.

Don't worry about them. We can't stop them from spawning, but there's a script which periodically sweeps all pirates off the map.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    a) Are there consequences to just leaving them alone? Does the presence of rebel fleets impact order? What about trade (seeing as there's no ports or trade routes to block?
    If the pond is close to a city and a storm kicks in, it will decimate the garrison (and possibly kill FMs).

It was in Alexandria-Eschate for me, really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Airos View Post
    If the pond is close to a city and a storm kicks in, it will decimate the garrison (and possibly kill FMs).

It was in Alexandria-Eschate for me, really annoying.
    I partialy solved this problem by editing map and removing lakes (not all of them). At least half of lakes we have on the map did not exist in ancient times because they are XX century reservoirs.

The lake/reservoir issue has been brought up before, and are being reviewed now. At least one has been deleted in the dev build in Armenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    The lake/reservoir issue has been brought up before, and are being reviewed now. At least one has been deleted in the dev build in Armenia.
    Thank the fire gods, it's always those damn Armenian lakes where pirates spawn.

Also a storm generated next to one last turn...