Thread: Longbow Animation Bugfix

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Longbow Animation Bugfix

What Is In This Mod?
    This fixes a bug that is present in the rome_man_sword_bow_long_foot animations.
    By default, when the longbowman pulls the bowstring, it teleports into his hand.
    To fix this issue we've ported Total War: Rome 2's longbow animations, so that the bowstring is properly pulled back.

Who Can Use This Mod?
    Anyone can use this mod, and any modders can incorporate it into their mods so long as they provide credit to this as the original mod.

Download Link
    Steam - Subscribe to the mod
    Google Drive - Download the mod and move it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data

BEFORE

10mb Gif

AFTER

10mb Gif

Created by Mr.Jox and Caligula

Default Re: Longbow Animation Bugfix

I got a little question. I have a short bow that i have (need) for my mod. But in Shogun 2 it uses the longbow animation (as it is the only available animation for bows and archers). So with this, the cord is to long. Now i know that it's not the right thread, but i have been looking a long time in many of the Shogun 2 threads, but alas with no avail. I have seen that you have a .meta file in your animation folder. The strange thing is that file doesn't exist in Shogun 2. Have you made it? Or can you give me some advice how to fix that issue. I know how to animate, but as you have only 3 available weapon bones, it's impossible to add all those bones to the bow (as it uses one for the sword for in melee and one for the arrow off course, and the bow itself) to animate it.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Mr.Jox and Enpremi would be the best people to ask. I'll redirect this question to them, since they've actually made custom animations for bows.
    This particular mod just grabbed Rome 2's animations and used them to override the broken Attila animations, nothing fancy was actually done.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

I don't clearly understand what your target game is?
    Other than that, .meta files are specific for all post shogun2 games but wasn't present in s2 itself.
    If you say s2 only has longbows, they u most likely need to import custom skeleton.

Import a custom skeleton? By that, what do you mean? What i know is that i can't make a new animation as i can only use 3 bones and they are already taken by the bow, arrow and sword. What i know is that there is a special been used by the bow fragment (special = arrow_man, special = bow_extended). I do know that the special = arrow_man is the the arrow that is been used to shoot and is attached to bone 3. But the other one "special = bow_extended", i have no clue where i can customize it (nowhere to find) or how to customize it.
    My target game is Shogun 2. But i ask it here because there is no thread about this issue.