Thread: Recruitment question

Default Recruitment question

Hi,

I have a small question regarding recruitment: what happens if I have two settlements in one town that recruit the same unit but with different replenishment rates? And what if one comes into play having +1 exp, the other not? How does the game deal with it?

Much appreciated

Default Re: Recruitment question

I am not sure of your question? You can have more than one recruitment line in one building in export_descr_building for the same unit of course:
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 1 0.09 3 1 requires factions { france, aztecs, }
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 1 0.0855 4 0 requires factions { france, aztecs, }

Nothing bad will happen, one will replenish faster with 1 exp, and the other slower with 0 xp... If that's what you mean?

Sorry if I wasn't too clear.
    Let's say I have building "Barracks" in a city that has the following line:
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 1 0.09 3 1 requires factions { france, aztecs, }

and a different building in the same building with an entry like that:

recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 1 0.0855 4 0 requires factions { france, aztecs, }

Are you saying that there will be two separate unit pools? One refreshing faster one slower? So if all are full you'd be able to recruit 3 units with 1 exp and 4 units with 0 exp? But would it first take units from the faster or slower pool?

I forgot how some things happen in gameplay regarding recruitment, I think you can't recruit more than 3 units in the same turn or it seem to be in the mod I am working on now but the rest is like you assume yes. There can be separate recruits pools for the same unit, whether it's because of replenishment, event counter, factions requirements and so on. However beware of not letting too many units availables in the same building too often. I forgot how many, around 30 maybe, but if it happen that a faction recruit too much in the same turn, it will crash the game with a unexpected error. I am gonna look for the post where it is detailled.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-per-building

Here, 4zumi ran into this potential problem, and in my post of his thread is the link with a more detailled explanation.
    Last edited by selv; November 14, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Every recruit_pool line in a building is treated as unique, regardless of whether or not it's actually different. If you put two of the same unit there, with no difference between them, it will appear twice. The game doesn't recognise that they are the same and merge them.

In your example above, 3 and 4 are the maximum accrued pool, as in the number that will be stocked up until it stops adding them. The different refresh rates means they'll be replenished at different rates. The experienced one will replenish faster, but has a lower pool threshold.

The number of units you can recruit in the same turn is determined by the recruit_slots capability. I've no idea what the hardcoded limit on that is, probably as many unique entries as there are slots on the UI in on the recruitment scroll. It isn't 3, though.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

if one recutment pool as a maximum accrued pool belowe 1 it will merge them if there are from a diffrent building
    "Barracks" in a city that has the following line:
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 0 0 3 0 requires factions { france, aztecs, }
    and building colonie has
    "Barracks" in a city that has the following line:
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 1 0.09 0.3 1 requires factions { france, aztecs, }
    it will merge them
    you cann also ad a pool that just add bonus exp
    recruit_pool "Gallic_Light_Cavalry" 0 0.01 0.01 3 requires factions { france, aztecs, }
    it should also merge

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Yup, recruit pools of the same unit in a settlement will merge. Max pool is cumulative, so chances are that all other values are, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Yup, recruit pools of the same unit in a settlement will merge. Max pool is cumulative, so chances are that all other values are, too.
    They appear multiple times on the building card, and those with different XP definitely appear separately to those without on the recruitment page. There might be a cumulative effect of actually-identical unit lines on the UI, I've always avoided those.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Entered these three lines (first is original):

Code:
                    recruit_pool "Town Militia"  1   0.7   6  0  requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, Normans, } 
                    recruit_pool "Town Militia"  1   0.7   6  1  requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, Normans, } 
                    recruit_pool "Town Militia"  1   0.7   6  3  requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, Normans, }
    Result: one recruit slot for a unit with 3 experience. Four units available (original was 2), 6 in the next turn (replenish = 3*0.7)
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 15, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Thank you all.
    So in your case, Giganuts, all units would be recruited with 3 experience?
    (unfortunately now I'm unable to test those myself and it's simply bugging me how it works)

Artifex

Blog Entries

Correct. I used Bare Geomod to test: those lines are in the town_guard level of barracks and the result can be checked in London.

I need to sit down with the manual and the Geomod and finally learn to use it.
    So Geomod is the thing that allows me to make maps with freehand drawing and describe provinces and such, while the Denim mapper can be converted into Geomod maps?

Thank you all so much! You are unbelievably helpful!

Artifex

Blog Entries

The Demis mapper is there to create a basic map based on actual data. Once that map is set up like in the 'basic mapping' tutorial then the Geomod tool assists in 'populating' that map by way of being able to work in high detail.

You can however not use it to adjust issues like in this thread.

BARE Geomod is the basic mod set up of mine which contains all th efils required to work with the tool plus a number of fixes for the default campaign.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 15, 2017 at 08:35 PM.