Thread: I need suggestion to upgrade old PC machine with budget usd 200, so i can play warhammer series

Default I need suggestion to upgrade old PC machine with budget usd 200, so i can play warhammer series

Good day lady & gentleman. I need your help and your input. I have a plan in Q1 2018 to upgrade my old machine, so any good suggestion to upgrade? I live in Indonesia, SE Asia ( 1 USD = Rp.13.500) my current budget is USD 200. My old machine can run Shogun 2 total war, Empire total war, Napoleon total war in high setting at 20-30 fps. My upgrade aim is to play a new Warhammer series.

=][= =][= =][=

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160316-0600)
    Language: Indonesian (Regional Setting: Indonesian)
    System Manufacturer: ECS
    System Model: H81H3-MV
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/22/14 10:35:37 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1982MB RAM
    Page File: 1213MB used, 2751MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 710
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_128B&SUBSYS_85761043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 1709 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 973 MB
    Shared Memory: 735 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id:
    Native Mode: unknown
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Driver File Version: 23.21.0013.8813 (English)
    Driver Version: 23.21.13.8813
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/28/2017 01:43:06, 15027984 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-51CB-11CF-9E51-7BA51BC2DA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x128B
    SubSys ID: 0x85761043
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem128.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTx86.6.1:Section012:23.21.13.8813:pci\ven_10de&dev_128b&subsys_85761043
    Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    D3D9 Overlay: Supported
    DXVA-HD: Supported
    DDraw Status: Disabled
    D3D Status: D3D v7 or earlier apps disabled, D3D v8 or later apps enabled
    AGP Status: Not Available

=][= =][= =][=

I attach my machine spec report from dxdiag and cpu-z app

DxDiag.txtMY-PC.txt

May Sigmar, bless all of you
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Default Re: I need suggestion to upgrade old PC machine with budget usd 200, so i can play warhammer series

You absolutely need new GPU and the CPU is a bit slow for gaming but not impossible for Warhammer. Only 2gb of RAM could be an issue but I hesitate to say upgrade the RAM as you might want to get new mobo + CPU soon and then the new RAM is useless. Basically, if you just upgrade the GPU you can play Warhammer but probably not at High settings with large units though maybe with tweaking and small units you can make that work. Do you have to buy in Indonesia or can you order from Singapore/China/Australia/Taiwan? I don't know the prices of GPU in that region but $200 USD is at most a GTX 1060 3gb or the RX 570 will be closest to that price (probably a bit above though) so if you rather stay under $200 then GTX 1050Ti should last a couple years most likely.

I wouldn't go less than RX 560 or GTX 1050 unless you get an older high tier used card for a better price.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: I need suggestion to upgrade old PC machine with budget usd 200, so i can play warhammer series

Probably will need to upgrade CPU, GPU and more RAM too.

CPU maybe can find some used ones. Check some local forums there. Maybe Kaskus have some?

Used i5 4th gen is pretty cheap, at least in KL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    You absolutely need new GPU and the CPU is a bit slow for gaming but not impossible for Warhammer. Only 2gb of RAM could be an issue but I hesitate to say upgrade the RAM as you might want to get new mobo + CPU soon and then the new RAM is useless. Basically, if you just upgrade the GPU you can play Warhammer but probably not at High settings with large units though maybe with tweaking and small units you can make that work. Do you have to buy in Indonesia or can you order from Singapore/China/Australia/Taiwan? I don't know the prices of GPU in that region but $200 USD is at most a GTX 1060 3gb or the RX 570 will be closest to that price (probably a bit above though) so if you rather stay under $200 then GTX 1050Ti should last a couple years most likely.

I wouldn't go less than RX 560 or GTX 1050 unless you get an older high tier used card for a better price.

thank you for the advice, ii have to buy in Indonesia because I don't know the trusted seller from Singapore/China/Australia/Taiwan. RX 560 or GTX 1050 seem a good choice. I believe i will consider saving and increase my budget until $500. Here Repp++

thank you for the advice, I think gonna check Kaskus and I consider saving and increase my budget until $500. Here Rep++
    Last edited by Frunk; November 15, 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Posts merged.
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee