Thread: New diplomatic and POR2 Proposals

UltimateTobi's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: New diplomatic and POR2 Proposals

Whatever dude.
    Have fun in yours.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmil View Post
    The second thing is about People of Rome script implemented in DEI. I know that you changed it some way. Is any chance to make naval recruitment not only from Faction's capital? Existing model looks wierd when you have a city far away from capital and need some sailors for the ship only from thousands miles away.
    Regards!
    The naval recruitment part should be updated soon, I changed it to the closest port region for replenishment and recruitment. The capital will only be used if the player lost all port regions.

@Litharion, Thank you very much! Waiting to try it!! Don't you wish to add effects to religion's majority in regions?

Dude, again? NO!

There is no religion in the GC. Cultural majority already affects population distribution, if it also did what you suggest it would be redundant. The effect you want is already simulated by the population that is affected by the culture.

Be an adult, admit that it was a bad idea and that you did not understand the current mechanics, that are a lot more nuanced and accurate than the crude changes you propose and move on!

@PietrolEremita, Cmon man, you should be a little more calm in the wording when you express only own imho.

antred's Avatar Senator

Ugh, no. I hated having to micro tons of diplomats all over the map and needing a decade or longer to get my diplomat to the target country.

We used to have cultural majority be required to recruit units but we have the population system now, so its no longer needed. As we have said before, the culture requirement was a blunt instrument, the population system is a scalpel. Since now your cultural population is required to recruit and slowly builds, it is a much more refined and realistic system. It is also impacted by the culture of the region, so it all works in concert.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

@Dresden, It is all good, but if your region have other culture, why it should not affect units morale, recruited there? It is like make an appeal to the US Army where 50% of the soldiers will be native Mexicans. What will happen with morale?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It didn't really work like that in ancient times, especially if we would go by that logic, most of Greek colonies should have inferior morale. You recruit from your native population as you build your own pop, AOR units are fr native pop so they do have lower morale etc. It just does not make sense to me to add that mechanic as it wiuld be neither realistic representation nor something easy or possible to do, plus we don't want to have as much scripta as possible.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

@KAM 2150, Ok, this is normal mechanics if you play with POR2 default settings, when the entire population of the captured city becomes foreigners. But I disabled this in my mod, because for me it was wild when I lost my native town and on the next turn I captured it back, the whole population became foreigners in 3 months..

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

POR does not work like that, if town had your culture, it would not turn fully foreigners or at least in DeI version of PoR.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

If you have the majority culture, the entire population won't turn foreigner. If you do not have the majority, then yes they will be foreigners.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12