Thread: Is there an easy way to get a version of the mod which only includes battle changes?

Foederatus

Default Is there an easy way to get a version of the mod which only includes battle changes?

I love the combat changes that this mod brings but I'm not so keen on the new units/unit cards.

Is there an easy way to get a version of the mod which only includes battle changes? Or alternatively is there a way to use this mod with the Agrez reskins?

Basically I want the FotE combat (and campaign but that's less important) but vanilla units, so I can apply my own skins.

Thanks!

Default Re: Is there an easy way to get a version of the mod which only includes battle changes?

Simplest solution is to open with the PFM fote pack 0, delete ALL the DB tables except for kv_morale, kv_fatigue, kv_rules.

Past that you could remove just tables related to or referring to fote units. This involves more than I can name offhand, but stuff like land units, main units, CDIR unit priority, commander unit permission, ect

Foederatus

Default Re: Is there an easy way to get a version of the mod which only includes battle changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Simplest solution is to open with the PFM fote pack 0, delete ALL the DB tables except for kv_morale, kv_fatigue, kv_rules.

Past that you could remove just tables related to or referring to fote units. This involves more than I can name offhand, but stuff like land units, main units, CDIR unit priority, commander unit permission, ect
    Thanks very much!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post

P.S. Sorry forgot to double check - so if I remove all the DB tables in fote pack 0 except for kv_morale, kv_fatigue and kv_rules; I'll end up with all the battle changes plus campaign changes but with vanilla units and I assume vanilla balance?

What would be different if I removed only tables related to or referring to fote units?

You won't get campaign changes if you do that. I am not fmailiar with what tables deal with campaign stuff unrelated to units, you'd need to ask Dresden or someone else for that. the kv_ tables just deal with battle changes on a macro level. Since you don't want new units it won't cover the individual unit stats, nor weapon/armor values.

If you removed only the tables referring to fote units you'd get battle balance (minus unique stats/weapon/defense/shield ratings we tailored to fote), and campaign.