Thread: A question about Hellenic Autonomy and Local Colonies

Default A question about Hellenic Autonomy and Local Colonies

So in my Pontos campaign, it appears that I cannot build local colonies in Ephesos. I checked the EDB file and apparently one of the requirements is not to have hinterland_uniques3 threenine, which I believe is Diagramma Hellenon Autonomias (Hellenic Autonomy). This struck me as odd, because I have local colonies installed in Hallikarnasos, which also has Hellenic Autonomy. As far as I can tell, the only other difference is that Ephesos has a polis_two instead of a polis_one.

I guess my question is are Hellenic Autonomy and local colonies intended to be mutually exclusive? If so, is it a bug that local colonies are viable in Hallikarnasos?

Default Re: A question about Hellenic Autonomy and Local Colonies

Yes, they're supposed to be mutually exclusive.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. You don't need me to log the Halikarnasos local colonies as a bug, do you? It definitely seems to be an unintentional feature as of right now. On a related note, is there a chance this mutual exclusion could be mentioned in the description of Hellenic Autonomy? It isn't exactly obvious (short of digging through the EDB file like I did).

Go ahead and report that in the bug forum, thanks. I see that Halikarnasos has threenine in the strat file, so it seems that both Ephesos and Halikarnasos should be the same in being unable to build there. The logic is, I think, that if there are enough Greeks to complain about being ruled by other Greeks in a tyrrany, then there are too many to go up the local colonist chain instead.

I will likely destroy Halikarnasos' local colonies eventually (after they finish pushing EI culture in the province) and replace them with Greek colonies to be historically accurate. I've already got a Basilike Patris and settler towns in Ephesos, so this Lydian area is turning into something of a recruitment hub. It's kind hard to justify turning down local colonies as Pontos (muh culture creep), but I'll get around to it eventually.