Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] A Lifetime of War [Invited People Only]

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [HS] A Lifetime of War [Invited People Only]

The Crown Prince sets aside his administrative duties for a season to conquer a Spanish fort and open the way to Toledo
    https://imgur.com/Hd61Cfs
    https://gyazo.com/a11601cc04b297096fb0bdacfbe229de

Afterwards, a small force is sent to claim the nearly abandoned castle
    https://imgur.com/vH7znXN
    https://gyazo.com/54bb09c5dcebb4ff0ecbdc7ed2c355f3

Turks: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dL...VOMhaClCx-D-_w

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Why is spain's settlement named "unbalanced game"?.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

francho04's Avatar Libertus

Because, the game is unbalanced

I've seen it happen once or twice. But it happens cause of very low public order, hence rebellion happens.
    "What enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and conquer,
    and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge."
    - Sun Tzu

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by francho04 View Post
    Because, the game is unbalanced
    The game is not unbalanced. We have tested this mod before in Age of Rivalries hotseat and it proved to be quite balanced actually, as well as adding some realism to the game. The current version that we use is considered better so I wouldn't call the mod unbalanced.

EDIT: The rebellion script is present as well in the kingdoms expansion and since mods are built on this, it can happen.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; December 16, 2017 at 07:01 PM.

I dont think hes talking about the mod itself. I noted the "unbalancing" if thats what its called, in the buildings. No one can stand a chance against inn level agents plus black stallion in it as well. You got to be really really inexperiencied to lose with that against brothel level spies not even mentioning spain getting their first "counter-assassin" on turn 4, given that moors assassin doesnt kill him as he spawns, making him invincible cause of subterfuge gained.

In my opinion, factions that are considered to be "underdogs" should be upped in other aspects, like for example more regions, more income, more armies, you name it. But agents are a game changing factor. The minimal advantage on that, is HUGE, no matter how weak a faction is. This is just a thought of course. But i agree with francho on this one.
    "What enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and conquer,
    and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge."
    - Sun Tzu

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Yesugatai Khan View Post
    I dont think hes talking about the mod itself. I noted the "unbalancing" if thats what its called, in the buildings. No one can stand a chance against inn level agents plus black stallion in it as well. You got to be really really inexperiencied to lose with that against brothel level spies not even mentioning spain getting their first "counter-assassin" on turn 4, given that moors assassin doesnt kill him as he spawns, making him invincible cause of subterfuge gained.

In my opinion, factions that are considered to be "underdogs" should be upped in other aspects, like for example more regions, more income, more armies, you name it. But agents are a game changing factor. The minimal advantage on that, is HUGE, no matter how weak a faction is. This is just a thought of course. But i agree with francho on this one.
    I'm not sure what you meant there but I understand that you are talking about the agents. The diffrence between brothel and inn agents is not a game changing factor in these situations, it's not a factor at all actually since the diffrence between inn and brothel spies is usually around 2 subterfuge which would increase the chance of entering by 10-20 % and the chance of opening the gates by the same percentage I believe. But this can be easily avoided by placing more spies in fortifications usually only 2 will do the trick. If you look in Age of Rivalries, Spain was pretty OP in the fighting against Moors, almost killing the faction before a player intervened even if Moors had "better agents". Spain has more than a good military, a good economy as well as the position to defend but Moors played it's cards right and managed to push back the Spanish. Some well played moves IMO.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; December 16, 2017 at 07:10 PM.

I'll say this, turn one, Spain needed to buy all 4 mercenaries and fort at max move range. I would have been under even more pressure than I was. Instead, he left himself out of siege range of Valencia, which let me fort in a way that only gave him one chance at opening a gate. Spain's moves on turn 1 made it so he was either going to open the gates on a 30% chance two turns in a row, or lose the war.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

There's no difference between spies recruited in Brothels and Inns. Where do you guys get that info

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    I'm not sure what you meant there but I understand that you are talking about the agents. The diffrence between brothel and inn agents is not a game changing factor in these situations, it's not a factor at all actually since the diffrence between inn and brothel spies is usually around 2 subterfuge which would increase the chance of entering by 10-20 % and the chance of opening the gates by the same percentage I believe. But this can be easily avoided by placing more spies in fortifications usually only 2 will do the trick. If you look in Age of Rivalries, Spain was pretty OP in the fighting against Moors, almost killing the faction before a player intervened even if Moors had "better agents". Spain has more than a good military, a good economy as well as the position to defend but Moors played it's cards right and managed to push back the Spanish. Some well played moves IMO.
    I think you do not understand the situation, the thing is, I start with 4 cities, Pamplona, ​​Toledo, Leon and Zaragoza. I also have a moderately large army in comparison with the Moors, although it is mostly militia. I start with 5000k and with income of 2100k, if I'm not mistaken. Of agents I start with 1 spy and the possibility of recruiting 1 per turn in Leon nothing more.
    The Moors begin with 12000k, I do not know the income. Although their army is not numerous, he can recruit artillery from Granada, catapults and ballista, and he can get assassins and spies in Cordoba because it has a tavern. Apart from this in this city has a race track, which in addition to allowing the recruitment of cavalry, gives the spies and assassins the trait of black stallion. This feature gives them 25% additional movement. Also with those 12000k you can recruit an army bigger than my army.
    What I'm trying to say is that the Moors have a better start in comparison with Spain.

Sorry if i wrote something bad, my level of English is not the best.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Francho, I think I talked this Moors-Spain issue over with Khan in Steam. I can say the same to you as I said to him:

- While in fact, the tavern gives a slight advantage to the Moors, it's also true that all of your starting generals have extra mp's, and thats a huge boost. If you make your cities rebel, you have the chance to get +drillmasters on all of them which is +25%.
    - The Moors don't have a single port on turn one, while you have 2. Thats naval supeority at the start of the game
    - In manual, if you have militias is doesn't matter, 1 town militia and 1 generals bodyguard can trash every army if you are good enough.
    - Simply put, the better players wins the wars. If you didn't made the right choiches and the Moors steamroll you (And they normally can't do that, example AoR) you can't 100% blaim the map.

You get +10% mp with 20% odds first when city rebels (Conscienous Trainer trait). The +25% mp bonus ancillary has other requirements

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

I meant 25% overall because 10+15=25 but I'm still wrong it seems, I thought I would get the 15% drillmaster trait with 20% chance

It gets upgraded on second tick of the trait
    Though there's different percentage to get it:
    A general gains a point of Disciplinarian with 10% probability when his city
    riots, and with 15% probability when his city rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Francho, I think I talked this Moors-Spain issue over with Khan in Steam. I can say the same to you as I said to him:

- While in fact, the tavern gives a slight advantage to the Moors, it's also true that all of your starting generals have extra mp's, and thats a huge boost. If you make your cities rebel, you have the chance to get +drillmasters on all of them which is +25%.
    - The Moors don't have a single port on turn one, while you have 2. Thats naval supeority at the start of the game
    - In manual, if you have militias is doesn't matter, 1 town militia and 1 generals bodyguard can trash every army if you are good enough.
    - Simply put, the better players wins the wars. If you didn't made the right choiches and the Moors steamroll you (And they normally can't do that, example AoR) you can't 100% blaim the map.
    I think that you don't understand the difference that have Spain and the Moors, you only talk about some issues that i said. And I think that the reasons you give me aren't correct. Also I don't blame the map, I only blame the Iberian Peninsula, and I still saying what I said before, the battle betewen Spain and the Moors is unbalance, I would recomend you to change it for the next HS.

Also the tavern is not a slight advantage, and less if it has the race track

Quote Originally Posted by francho04 View Post
    I think that you don't understand the difference that have Spain and the Moors, you only talk about some issues that i said. And I think that the reasons you give me aren't correct. Also I don't blame the map, I only blame the Iberian Peninsula, and I still saying what I said before, the battle betewen Spain and the Moors is unbalance, I would recomend you to change it for the next HS.

Also the tavern is not a slight advantage, and less if it has the race track
    You're assuming you played the situation perfectly.

For starters, two of the things you're referring to as unbalanced are completely irrelevant. Taverns only give more public order; spy subterfuge on recruitment is based on luck (every spy has an equal chance to start at a minimum of +1, up to +3, regardless of the level of the brothel) and other buildings (see: http://totalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Spy_(...II:_Total_War) ).

Second, the fact that I can recruit siege equipment at the start has had no impact on our war. None of the siege eq I recruited in Granada has been anywhere near you, nor is any of it headed toward you. The only siege eq of mine you have to worry about is in Valencia, where I built a balista range myself.

As for your assumption that you played perfectly, here is a list of mistakes:

1) Didn't recruit ships turn 1
    2) Didn't recruit mercenaries turn 1
    3) Forted out of siege range of Valencia turn 1
    4) Left spies out in the open (in a fort and directly on a road) in range of my assassins on turns 2 and 3

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Just drop it francho argue about it on steam with the people stop creating pages on the argument how you were at a big disadvantage from the beginning you chose the faction now deal with the outcome who knows maybe cow will let you become his vassal but from I talk to him about it ain't likely.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Wasnt notified, will be up tomorrow...