Thread: Crashing when attempting to start or load a campaign

Default Crashing when attempting to start or load a campaign

So, my Napoleon: TW was working fine up until yesterday. Then, essentially out of nowhere, it just crashed every time I tried to load anything.

Things I've tried;

Every combination of graphics settings
    Verified Integrity of Game Files (10 times) - every time I validate it says one file is missing and redownloads it.
    Completely clean uninstall, download and reinstall (3 times)
    Ensured all Napoleon-related files were removed from my computer prior to reinstall

No matter what I've done so far, the problem persists. The loading bar will be precisely 1/20 of the way up and I'll get two crash to desktop error reports, and it'll crash afterwards. I considered that hardware might be an issue, but I've played it for a good while before this with no problems - I got my laptop I think a year and a bit after Napoleon came out, and the specs were pretty mid range at the time so I don't think that's the problem. Also considered if I'd made any changes to my system's software, but I haven't - I've been on Windows 10 since I got N:TW. In any case, my DxDiag is attached.

DxDiag.txt

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Crashing when attempting to start or load a campaign

It seems like you've covered all the troubleshooting bases. Perhaps a driver has broken, or something, so maybe try checking your drivers.

Beyond that I can't help much. The guys in The Basement might be able to make use of your DxDiag.txt, so feel free to make a new thread there.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Crashing when attempting to start or load a campaign

Any mod installed?