Thread: DarthMod M2TW Lite Version 1.2 Patch

Default DarthMod M2TW Lite Version 1.2 Patch

DarthMod M2TW LiteVersion 1.2patch

Link removed due to update

I decided to give to the community a new year’s gift by uploading my enhancement to the already appreciated DarthMod M2TW Lite Version 1.0.
    What it contains in summary and in addition to previous version is:

Open Source 1

-Corrects bugs of ballista/cannon tower and venetian armour
    -Advanced DarthMod stats phase 1 (increase of defence/armour with certain algorithm to improve endurance of battles, various balance corrections, new costs settings for better AI/campaign, improved Byzantine army stats, Elephant endurance etc. )
    -New wall settings (plain wall arrows do not kill too many troops)
    -New projectile settings.(Plain archers fire carpet arrow firing now...try the longbowmen and Agincourt battle to test! Fire rate=improved)
    -All dismounted troops that were unavailable are now available in the building queue/mercenary pool
    -New mass settings for more penetrating heavy cavalry and more variance according to each type. (For example Byzantine Cataphract cavalry are simply tanks)
    -My first pure AI modification for M2TW. Have created 2 formations to substitute the previous CA default with minor changes and have manipulated a lot the config AI for hopefully a better and more challenging battleground

Open Source 2

-Corrected bug of mercenary file in first open source beta(thanks for reporting it to me so quickly)
    -Corrected issue of slow movement Heavy Cavalry and slow turning around (Tks Norbak and others who reported)
    -Improved Janissary Heavy infantry Balance (As asked)

Open Source 3

-Corrected CTD siege bug when rams finished their door penetration.

Open Source 4

-Included 2 new arrow models. The horse archer bow which has less range and more flat trajectory and the eastern composite bow with large power and flatter trajectory than the normal.
    -With the help of these 2 new models, all archers have been balanced in a unique way and each culture will have each own special archers. For example, the Mongols have the best, more rapid and dangerous horse archers in the game, Longbowmen will fire even more rapidly than the median, composite bowmen will be superior from westerners bowmen etc.
    -Includes Darth_Diplomacy-Campaign AI version 1.0…you must try it.(Removed the previous of Shaba’s)
    -Optimised the Darth formation AI battle system
    -Made walls and towers adjustments for more realistic endurance and fire rates
    -Fixed siege ladder conjunction and effectiveness
    -Siege battles will be the best experience so far witnessed. (Careful AI strategy, difficult gate invasion, realistic wall assaults etc.)
    -Fixed some minor issues in projectiles
    -Advanced Darth Stats Phase 2 (stat_delay techniques, General_unit mobility, Powerful and realistic Cavalry wedge….many many more)
    -Fixed and included the correct DarthMod.cfg file for no more resetting of your settings
    -A lot to witness yourself in battle and campaign!

Open Source 5

-Have included Darth Formations M2TW version 1.0 (Have forgotten to do so yesterday)

Open Source 6

-Advanced Darth Stats phase 3 (Faster animation swings for infantry (were by CA too slow, and improved infantry charge and coherence with innovative stat fire technique, new balances for some units etc.)
    -New arrow model for mongol horse archers
    -Innovative new method for unique per projectile delay control for supreme variance of roles and power of projectile units
    -Using this I balanced horse projectiles to fire more realistically and less rapidly (Now they are as they should be in real life)
    -Inserted some more dismounted knights to building queues
    -Improved attack bandwith and dynamics of siege ladders and towers
    -Made missile cavalry to hold back in sieges as asked

Open Source 7

-Eliminated AI combat occasional passiveness and made it more determined to attack you when it is out-missiled.(Yes even better than this CA had offered in the patch and very important for your battles against AI. Much more difficult opponent now)
    -Improved siege ladder/towers clearance attack method

Installation:

- You install DarthMod M2TW Lite Version 1.0.as per instructions
    - You unzip the file and copy it to the main Medieval 2 Total war directory with the same structure as provided to overwrite the past files of DarthMod.
    - You play and see the 1.2 patch logo and you feel sure you did the right thing.
    - Have fun and a happy new year!

Thanks to all people mentioned in my first ReadMe in version 1.0 and now especially my beta team.

Leading Beta DarthMod M2TW Team member:
    NoRbAk

Current DarthMod M2TW beta testers:
    Ghosty
    Havoc04
    Marine Hoplite
    The *****r Reiver
    IZ-Master
    Wurfspiess

For their valuable help that have given me to improve this game.

Darth Vader

For feedback and general discussion, post HERE after you download.

Default Re: ___DarthMod_M2TW_Lite_Version_1.1 Patch___

-Update 1/1/2006

-Have included Darth Formations M2TW version 1.0 (Have forgotten to do so yesterday)

Pls RE-DOWNLOAD!!!!