Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

I think fancy horse guy is Aurelian. The radiate crown gives it away and matches his picture in the steam screenshot. I'm okay with the Emperor having fancy stuff -- it's not line equipment.

Also glad they're bringing in the best parts of Attila DLC, narrative campaigns. The heroic factions sound really fun.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Really pleased by this news.

New politics system looks very interesting and more involved than the current one. Plus maybe I'll finally get to have some Civil Wars!

Also glad they haven't just done a port of loads of features from Attila, as I think it's more interesting to keep the games different and develop what is already there.

New campaign DLC also looks like an interesting period. Liking the sound of the two types of factions (5 "Heroic" with unkillable leaders and narrative elements, and 5 more normal ones,) the variety of factions (only broad culture missing is Hellenic, but looks like Zenobia's Palmyra might have some Hellenic influences from the store page. Not sure how Banditry, Plagues and Cults will play out, but will be fun to find out.

And very glad this is for Rome 2, not Attila. Honestly I never believed it would be as Attila was more recent, but it being for Rome 2 means I'll actually get to play it despite my light sensitivity issues (unlike Attila.)

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon,

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Edit: also what's up with the 270 AD start date? At first I thought it was a typo.
    I guess they wanted to focus on Aurelian's efforts to restore the Empire.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It looks so, Restitutor Orbis ( ) sounds very good.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

I'm excited about the new "Power & Politics Update" . The politics system is one of the main reason why I couldn't go back to Rome II (I usualy prefer to play Atilla instead). Unfortunately there will be no family tree .
    Anyway, I'm downloading the beta right now to give it a try.

Oh, I also apreciate the new UI created for "Empire Divided". It's immersive . I hope this new UI will also be avaliable for other campaigns.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Pretty weird that Aksum in not playable. It was in the third century after all when Aksum was labeled the "third mightiest kingdom in the world", albeit this was mostly because of Indias and Chinas weakness. They could at least rework the disgusting East African borders though.

Anyone else notice in this screenshot you can see the logos of factions who own regions, even though you haven't explored those areas?

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...g?t=1510154659

Wonder if that's campaign specific, a bug, or new for all of them?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post

Also glad they haven't just done a port of loads of features from Attila, as I think it's more interesting to keep the games different and develop what is already there.
    Honestly, the only actual feature they added sounds like it's a fairly direct port from the Attila TW political system. Which happens to be a free patch. Then for these, well, plagues were in ATW. Banditry sounds like a replacement for Immigration from ATW. Cults are a replacement for Religion in ATW.

The DLC sounds more or less like the typical style CA's been pushing out since Rome 2 released.

• Been there done that campaign map with a lower faction count
    • Faction rosters still sound lacking (only 3-4 unique units to each?)
    • Threw in some new victory conditions. Edited some mission requirements. Changed icons and adjusted numerical values to make them "new". Same thing with technologies and General traits.
    • Heroic factions don't sound innovative. Faction specific event chains? Choice dilemmas? Leaders who cannot die, only be injured (seen this stuff dating back to Napoleon)

All just seems like this is a recycled effort on their part which is odd due to the game being 4+ years old and them not really changing up anything in the way of actual gameplay.

To me they looked at the Steam playerbase for TW titles, saw Rome 2's and threw together the cheapest possible attempt at cash grab. They had a chance to really make some long wanted additions to Rome 2 via family tree, meaningful Generals who can't be so easily replaced, population mechanic, siege escalation, Warhammer building styles.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

We, the serious players, could protest against poor quality additions and cut content sold separately for large prices by refusing to buy CA products, but serious players are a minority among the buyers and CA does not care about our complaints and expectations since bunch of casuals and kids buy every trash that the CA throws at them.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

It sucks the update will break mods.

In the long run, I am hoping (though pretty certain) our excellent modding community will be able to do great things with this additional content. Although I initially play the vanilla version of these games; I usually see the games and their expansions as bases for mods. I realize things shouldn't be this way, but it is what it is.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Well said guys. We shouldn’t even be wasting our time complaining or sharing our thoughts.

I have startet 2 Campaigns with the New Beta Version: In Emperor DLC i change with Pompej, from Empire to Republic back for 10000 Money. Very Good effekts with generals out of command to use them as a Governeur, Diplomate or the Third option. i like the New options of Political Level. very Nice CA. i hope it make the Campaigns More interesting in Late game. More Danger for Civil Wars. I Think the New Features are Very Good in Combination with Mods Like DeI and others!

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Well I won't say im not dissapointed as I was hoping for a new Shogun 2 DLC that would bring it forward in line more with Attila like maybe the Imjin War but I guess there is still hope with the Sega game that will be released and said to be about the size of STW2 Japan.. though knowing CA they will probably do Vikings/England or Greece again.
    Last edited by Krieglord; November 08, 2017 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Well I won't say im not dissapointed as I was hoping for a new Shogun 2 DLC that would bring it forward in line more with Attila like maybe the Boshin War but I guess there is still hope with the Sega game that will be released and said to be about the size of STW2 Japan.. though knowing CA they will probably do Vikings/England or Greece again.
    Well, I have good news for you. The Boshin War already exists as Fall of the Samurai.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20...f_the_Samurai/

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Actual real Q&A here!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/empire...r-politics-faq

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: For continuity

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Well, I have good news for you. The Boshin War already exists as Fall of the Samurai.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20...f_the_Samurai/

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Aha whoops I have been away from the forums to long haven't discussed these things openly in ages..

I meant the Imjin War (invasions of Korea starting in 1592) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japane...92%E2%80%9398)
    Last edited by Krieglord; November 08, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

Well, I'm going to counter-signal most of you by saying that I appreciate this gesture from CA, it took an older title that is still played regularly by many (no doubt due to modders) and though it was/is flawed, they are at least recognizing this and trying to fix it as well as introduce new content. I don't think any of this wouldn't have happened without the input/influence of CA's employees that came from this community, namely Lusted, Darren, Mitch, etc (although I don't think Darren works for CA anymore, not sure). So instead of sperging out about anything/everything that is "wrong" about this new content, let's look at the positive and give the thumbs up, at least until we have actually played the new release, I'm mean maybe just give them a little credit at least for thinking outside the box. Also, I get that some people want everything to be exactly historically accurate everything but just because a soldier has "incorrect" or fantasy metal pteryges is a little goofy I mean someone is going to reskin them anyway, even if CA got it 100% "correct", they would still be redone anyways because that is just what modders do, they would just make like higher resolution texture then or make more variants. Excuse me while I duck.
    Last edited by phylosopher stoned; November 08, 2017 at 06:30 PM.

CA is now using the same strategy used by Paradox: they introduce new mechanics for free in older games and, at the same time, they release new paid content to support their investment.
    I think it's a fair strategy because there's mutual benefits: CA gets "easy" money (they don't need to create completely new games and that's cheaper) and fans get more content for free for older games.
    Honestly, I prefer this way. Previously, the life cycle of TW games lasted only 2 years and some TW games were abandoned by CA without being entirely completed (yes, I'm talking about Empire: Total War). Hopefully, with this strategy we can see constant improvements in the game, no matter the release date.
    Last edited by Boicote; November 08, 2017 at 07:07 PM.

I just me or half of units wear intercisa helmet, which was not even implemented before 280 AD?

Personally I am very happy to know historical titles are not dead in the first place. Was waiting for one big time. I am also happy that Rome 2 was the choice for this dlc to me somehow feels and play better than Attila, battles mainly I am not taking about campaign. ...cinematics during battles are better despite the older graphics not sure what that has to do with but looking at both games to me that is just clear..battles look better in Rome. Attila would have been a great game if Acient Empires mod had a campaign to go with it. I am also very curious to see what will come up with the Saga and especially with the new game. Could not stand Fantasy stuff!!