Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

My overall impression on this dlc is just "meh". Like I give CA credit for doing this relatively untouched era of Roman history and the new features they added but at the same time they still barely add enough to justify the price tag and still leave many things out that people have asked for from Attila like the family tree and such. Not to mention some terribly lazy unit designs and what looks like a copy pasted map from the Augustus campaign shows a lack of effort.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I checked the units of the DLC and apparently we do have Roman pikemen as I saw the Armoured Illyrian Pikemen and the Herculianii and Iovianii. The rest is definitely a slight reskin which we can do in PFM by using Rome 2 and Attila resources. Even the unit descriptions were adaptions from Rome 2 where instead of "Illyrian fury with Greek equipment..." for hoplites now it will be "Illyrian fury with Roman equipment".

keona's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by FERRDO View Post
    Have to say, I've REALLY been enjoying the beta patch. The new politics system makes me eager to try all the DLC campaigns now. I'm currently running a Grand Campaign on Hard as the Junii, and have been having a blast using the new features, especially "Administration" actions to maintain greater control over my unruly provinces. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out in Empire Divided.

In previous Rome 2 by only taking a single city in a province, if you weren't able to take the whole province and begin converting it to your culture immediately, you would risk unhappiness and revolts. With Power and Politics, I've had only Carthago and Iol in North Africa for at least 50 turns now, and have never had a problem keeping either of them happy.

Also, in dealing my final smackdown to the Carthaginian faction, I've noticed that their clients reverted over to my control, i.e., Nova Carthago has been my client since then, making the rest of the western Mediterranean effectively under Roman influence.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have been roleplaying this campaign much more than any I have played recently with Vanilla settings, and for a consistently longer duration. I say well done to CA.
    Agreed. I'm really liking new update for Rome II GC. I can actually roleplay as Rome II now with new politics update. For me, Rome II was becoming very boring somewhere around the middle, making it conquer -> fight the rebels-> repeat. Therefore I have not played vanilla Rome since Emperor Edition came out (played 20 hours and went back to DeI) Now I look at politics screen more and more. I like that I can provoke civil war, therefore, somehow controlling it and other features. Really like that we get bonuses to higher imperium level. Other factions are more interested in diplomacy now. Overall very good and unexpected update. Now I wish we had an update to Attila too.

As for DLC it does not make sense for me to buy it because I enjoy playing Atilla as ERE while the whole world spins into chaos, falls apart and I build it back up with much better game mechanics and detail. I think new DLC is great for people who do not own Attila. I personally hoped for narrative-driven Alexander campaign but glad for other people excited about it.

I very grateful that Dresden and his team are working on updating DeI and when Dresden will finish working out all the quirks of the new update it would be awesome to play GC.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

So has anyone been able to find which files will need to be updated in current mods in respect to the beta patch?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

For unit mods:

"unit_description_long" in land_units_table is now mandatory. "Placeholder" as entry no longer works.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

ariyan's Avatar Civis

Sassanid bodyguard units

Zhayedan Immortals(melee cavalry)
    Indian armoured elephant(melee cavalry)
    Sassanid Royal Archers(horse archer)
    Gyan-Avspar(shock cavalry)
    Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The new unit card style looks pretty cool and infinitely better than vanilla Rome 2's in my opinion.

Decanus

Have we gone back to not having unit numbers on cards?

Anyone else noticed that when you convert and enemy agent and while having reached the agent limit, that new agent dies instead? This is great! In me previous campaign sometimes I had 10-12 agents while my agent limit was 3.

Oh, and anyone else noticed that higher difficulty levels don't decrease public order anymore?
    Probably that's to keep the game balanced because higher difficulty levels decreases political loyalty.
    Last edited by Boicote; November 17, 2017 at 10:46 PM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    Anyone else noticed that when you convert and enemy agent and while having reached the agent limit, that new agent dies instead? This is great! In me previous campaign sometimes I had 10-12 agents while my agent limit was 3.
    Yes. I feel it's a great change, as that always felt like a gamey exploit to me.

I also really like the way Character cards and the Characters Screen both have a little icon you can click to take you from one to the other. Much better than having to find the character in game, make sure you know the name, then open up Characters screen and find them again.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post

I also really like the way Character cards and the Characters Screen both have a little icon you can click to take you from one to the other. Much better than having to find the character in game, make sure you know the name, then open up Characters screen and find them again.
    I agree. That is a great feature.
    I also like that little square around the portrait of each character, with different colours, representing the their political party. Before this patch, I used to rename my armies with an 'R' (for members of royal family) or 'O' (for other families). Sometimes generals died but I forgot to change the army's name and...after a while I had wrong family members in the wrong army. It was a mess.
    With this colour system now I can easily identify the family/political party of any general.
    Last edited by Boicote; November 18, 2017 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Lol, and for loveless fantasy clone-army trash like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

they seriously demand 17 bucks. This isn't even on Steam Workshop level.
    Meanwhile, you can get this for free (Eras of Rome):

You do know those are Roman Levies? Their supposed to look like .

Maybe you should look at the mid tier, and high tier units, before judging the unit quality?
    "The Dragon Returns..."

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbossbalrog View Post
    You do know those are Roman Levies? Their supposed to look like .

Maybe you should look at the mid tier, and high tier units, before judging the unit quality?
    Take a look at those Roman units then remember the detail that is visible in this bit of concept art that CA was hyping up months ago:

CA did the same thing in Attila - the Roman units appeared very bland and uncreative, while the Germanic warriors were wearing embroidered tunics and bejeweled helmets.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Take a look at those Roman units then remember the detail that is visible in this bit of concept art that CA was hyping up months ago:

CA did the same thing in Attila - the Roman units appeared very bland and uncreative, while the Germanic warriors were wearing embroidered tunics and bejeweled helmets.
    Thinking about it, there is the possibility that concept art isn't for a unit... well not a unit you'd have in large amounts anyway. This picture from the Steam Store page seems to show the same guy, along with several other Barbarian soldiers who look a little less ostentatious.

Maybe he's a special character or something, like Aurelian with his spikey helmet that's been turning up in some videos on Youtube and in a loading screen?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Maybe he's a special character or something, like Aurelian with his spikey helmet that's been turning up in some videos on Youtube and in a loading screen?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    There should be 5 heroic facions with unkillable leader, he is probably one of them.. Rome, Gallic Rome, Palmyra, Sassanids, Gothi....Sounds like Cannabaudes from Gothi.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

ariyan's Avatar Civis

Sassanids unit roster

Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 21, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Video fixed.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Lot of gameplay footage. CA gave early access to many famous Youtuber. Most playable factions seem to be covered by one or an other.

Units look like crap period. In most case CA re-used R2 and Attila models.

ariyan's Avatar Civis

There is a disappointing poverty of creativity in creative assembly work
    Immortal gaurd(rome 2 empire divided)

elite immortal (attila)

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    .. Units look like crap period. In most case CA re-used R2 and Attila models.
    This is not a wrong choice, if you consider that we are talking of the Third century, using models from Rome 2 is wise and logic as choice; if anything, as always the point is the units' quality, which (as always) is not high ..

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I like that " all crap and copy and paste units".
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day