Thread: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

DLC 5 years after release?

See details here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/69...mpire_Divided/

More specific details/Patch notes/Q&A

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/empire...r-politics-faq
    Last edited by Epic28; November 08, 2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

soo, that guy is kinda equipped for Hippika gymnasia, not for battle, lol
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nikron's Avatar Senator

This is quite a disappointment. Basically it's just an ugly version of Attila. Man I'm really pissed at their stupid ideas.

Terminus Total War did a similar mod called Imperium where he divided Rome into Hispanic Rome, Gallic, Britain, Germanic, etc. Just gather a few modders to create an identical idea for Attila and there you go.

On top of everything, I was expecting a different map (a more focused on certain regions) but its basically the same map.

Reasons to buy:

1) Era - Nope, Attila's better on this
    2) Gameplay - Nope, Attila has better options
    3) Campaign map - Nope, Attila has a better one

Can't believe I got excited for this.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

This expansion confuses me greatly, the campaign start date is set 100 years prior to Attila's. Why not just make this an Attila expansion instead?

$17 for content on a 4+ year old game isn't good value in my opinion either. Didn't add the family tree or razing aspects of ATW either.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    This expansion confuses me greatly, the campaign start date is set 100 years prior to Attila's. Why not just make this an Attila expansion instead?

$17 for content on a 4+ year old game isn't good value in my opinion either. Didn't add the family tree or razing aspects of ATW either.
    Becuase there are more people playing Rome 2 they can sell this too.

Glad they haven't brought in a family tree or devistation.

As for price well you can't expect people to work for free

Campidoctor
    Civitate

They finally made the encyclopedia offline! Now modders can include long-ass unit- and building inscriptions, which, imo, will increase the atmosphere greatly. They just should make the letters a bit bigger.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

The reasons is $$ . R2 had x10 more buyers than Attila. R2 makes sense from a financial point of view but it is frustrating for us customers (and we matter the most).

I am mostly disappointed by CA's limited work for a base game 5 years old. To me it is impossible to consider buying this DLC if it lacks Attila features. Not to talk about Attila superior graphics.

I am confused by CA earlier claim about a big update. I expected most Attila features to be introduced in R2. I even expected some changes taken from Warhammer titles like larger building slots.

Decanus

Pretty lame. Imperator Augustus was a civil war with Rome split into rival factions, and here we have another campaign of civil war with Rome split into rival factions.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Becuase there are more people playing Rome 2 they can sell this too.

Glad they haven't brought in a family tree or devistation.

As for price well you can't expect people to work for free

Yeah you gotta figure that's the driving force behind it, purely more folks to buy it considering the lack of ATW sales. Granted ATW is the far better game in terms of depth and features.

I don't know how someone could be glad at the absence of having more features, I'd much rather have something included than be omitted completely. The family tree in historical TW's is a no-brainer. No one cares about their generals in Rome 2.

Oh and there's a massive discrepancy between free and $17...
    All war depends upon it.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Don't they get it that the reason Rome 2 sold more and has a bigger player base is because people are more into antiquity than Attila's era? I'd justify their choice if people play Rome 2 because of its amazing campaign mechanics and so on, but it's the exact opposite.

So why not make a 300 BC instead of 300 AD and get even more sales and call it the first successful DLC of a failed game since launch?

Yeah you gotta figure that's the driving force behind it, purely more folks to buy it considering the lack of ATW sales. Granted ATW is the far better game in terms of depth and features.

I don't know how someone could be glad at the absence of having more features, I'd much rather have something included than be omitted completely. The family tree in historical TW's is a no-brainer. No one cares about their generals in Rome 2.

Oh and there's a massive discrepancy between free and $17...
    The patch is free of course. $17 is reasonable compared to the other campaign dlc. Not just for physical work but for design work etc as was expecting it to cost alot more than the other campaign dlc.

As for features I would prefer if they were appropriate. For CA would they really include a stand out feature pertaining to Attila in another game ( preformance over head as it has lower ssytem specs)
    I can see why some people would want family trees but for me it not that important. Though I will agree that if the premise is that you are running a faction especially a monarchy/tribal faction you would have an idea of how everyone is related to everyone in that faction. This is where EU:Rome scores over Rome 2 and Rome 1 with it's Crusader Kings approach to relationships and politics.
    Last edited by herne_the _hunter; November 08, 2017 at 10:44 AM.

So far my main gripe is that there's a cavalry unit that uses large legionary scutums, and I noticed some of the legionary units' shields in the images on steam are missing shield bosses. Big no no for me.

This:

My reaction would of course be Picard facepalm meme.

Edit: Not quite sure why my edit made a new post instead of editting the first one. Apologies.
    Last edited by First Citizen Gallienus; November 08, 2017 at 11:01 AM.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

You know, I'm glad to see new content for a Total War game, but I strongly feel they released an a DLC expansion for Rome II just looking at Steam spy numbers, and not taking into account how many players that are active Rome II players are active due to mods. In any case, not sure I'm going to buy this DLC as I can't see how it improves my gameplay of Divide et Impera.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OMG these promos. Did they do any research at all? Like literally almost none.

Look at this image. Freaking Winged helmets, Chainmail Pteryges? What even kind of brooch is that, it looks like a Victorian furniture decoration! What is this, Hollywood?

Lamellar helmets and Baldenheims in the 3rd Century? Really? A Scutum being used from horseback? Half of this crap literally comes out of Gladiator, just look at that sword!

Deir El Medinah helmets too?

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; November 08, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    soo, that guy is kinda equipped for Hippika gymnasia, not for battle, lol
    When you have Hippika gymnasia at hora sexta, and battle at hora octava.

As I can't have enough of Rome, I'm quite happy with the announcement.
    And playing as Queen Zenobia is a plus. I was always intrigued by her figure.

The only thing, I really wished for the re-introduction of the Family trees.

I do think the free update will be of a huge benefit to mods like DEI. Offline encyclopedia is amazing and the political improvements will be useful and can be further tweaked by DEI.

Consider the DLC the price for developing a very welcome gameplay patch. Gotta pay employees for work.

As for the DLC, I'm excited at least. Historical era never seen in games, a Roman Empire not quite dead yet, and the first female leader in any historical TW game (why Cleopatra wasn't a real character in the IA campaign still confuses me)?

Plus, Emperor Aurelian has a rad radiate crown. Love it.

Super disappointed by the family tree thing though. And while I'd prefer the Attila engine ... I guess I'll take it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hippika Gymnasia equipment was combat equipment, the Romans had no concept of parade armor.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Even though I just released my mod covering the same period I can't wait. I'll definitely be modding the equipment though, I see the gladius and incorrect armor, shields, etc. looks really fun though. But expect a reskin and unit pack from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Even though I just released my mod covering the same period I can't wait. I'll definitely be modding the equipment though, I see the gladius and incorrect armor, shields, etc. looks really fun though. But expect a reskin and unit pack from me.
    I'm looking forward to it but it's making me wonder if even CA couldn't fix the issue with the shield bosses that you told me about and that problem will still remain when they release it.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    I will happily wait to play for your mod then. This is one of my favorite periods so I'm in unless it's incredibly stupid. I'll take the 4K support too.

Edit: also what's up with the 270 AD start date? At first I thought it was a typo.
    Last edited by Huberto; November 08, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast