Thread: Warhammer 2: New GTX 1080 with low FPS at 1440p. What gives fellas?

Default Warhammer 2: New GTX 1080 with low FPS at 1440p. What gives fellas?

Hey everyone, looking for a little insight. So recently Ive upgraded my system with the hope of playing Warhammer II in 1440p ultra settings. Now that Ive done so however, my fps seems to jump quite a bit. Everything seems to be in the 50-60 range when in battles for the most part. But when I zoom in on the action it drops in the 20s and 10s. Basically comes to a complete stop at times. My GPU is being used at max percentage so I dont think its a bottleneck issue with my cpu. Does anyone have any suggestions or run into a similar issue with a similar setup? This is so frustrating after the money Ive spent to play smoothly at 1440p and cant. Whats even stranger is that even in 1080p itll slow to a crawl at times as well. This never happened on my GTX 1060, at least not at 1080p.

I have my graphics settings at:

Texture, Unit, Terrain: Ultra
    Everything else: High
    No AA SSR off Unit Size: Large
    V Sync and Post Sharpening: On

From what Ive read of others with similar setups, I should have no problem at any point in battles with FPS at 1440p. Ive also tried turning off G sync as well as reducing refresh rate but that has little affect. Switching from DX11 and DX has little to no affect either.

System Specs:
    Windows Home 10 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDR5 Asus STRIX GTX 1080 8GB AGON 27" 1440p with G sync monitor 500gig SSD

Default Re: Warhammer 2: New GTX 1080 with low FPS at 1440p. What gives fellas?

Oc that cpu will help!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Warhammer 2: New GTX 1080 with low FPS at 1440p. What gives fellas?

Hi Mactormind / Totalheadche if you have the time feel welcomed in the stickied WH2 benchmark thread. I've finally had the time to open the season
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.