Thread: Im stuck - please help me...

Default Im stuck - please help me...

Hello all
    As the title says I'm pretty much stuck.
    I've recently re-installed m2 after a long time away & given Stainless Steel a go too. Great mod & thank you to everyone involved.
    Anyway, I was pretty comfortable tinkering with units in Empire & Napoleon, so I have tried to make the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher available to England if they conquer Jerusalem.

I've found its luck more than anything else I've stumbled through & have the unit pretty much sorted, but they are invisible on the battlefield.

I understand I need to edit the battle_models.modeldb file, but whatever I try doesn't work. Either the game won't start or they Canons remain invisible.

I'm sorry if its something really easy & if I'm being thick, but can somebody please let me know what text I need to put into the modeldb file to get these lads visible.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Willard

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Im stuck - please help me...

Im not exactly familiar with the models you are talking about, but there is a general rule for what you are trying to do. The mesh file associations in battle_models.db have to correspond with factions that are using the unit in EDU. You have to add entries for the faction you want to add this unit to, and modify the numer of factions using the mesh. Im at work now and dont have the game files to give you a precise example.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Im stuck - please help me...

Also you need to declare the textures that the English will be using.
    And something else.
    If Jerusalem is not declared as a "resource" and you manage to make the canons available to the English then they will be able to recruit them everywhere.
    Last edited by paleologos; November 15, 2017 at 06:55 AM.