Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 2.0 Release

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 2.0 Release

hey joe,

can you upload the savegame before the crash so I can look for myself.
    The log has nothing useful in it.
    I suspect an issue with the modeldb, as those crashes tend to not give out anything useful.

Whe does it happen exactly?
    You are laying siege and it crashes?
    You start to fight a siege battle and it crashes?
    You have fought the siege battle and it crashes upon return on the campaign map?
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

I captured the city by laying siege to it and waiting for the rebels to surrender. When I tried to occupy or sack the settlement, the crash occurred after making my selection. I was able to capture it without issue when I exterminated the population - though I faced a CTD a few turns later in one play through attempt. I just tried to play through again for a few turns and I did not experience a CTD.

I unfortunately don't have the save game prior to the capture of the settlement but here's my current save game (it's only a few turns removed from capturing the settlement)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mhh, ok, this sounds a lot like it has something to do with a trait trigger.
    I have not messed with those, so it could be a base game problem.

Am I right, that you had a general leading the army in the assault?
    Do you remember which General it was? Maybe i messed something up in the character creation.

I will give your savegame a try, but if it is a trait those things tend to be pretty hard to find because the ctd triggers randomly.

Author of
    Developer of

I believe when I first tried to occupy/sack the settlement i did have the general in the army. I did remove him from the army when I tried to execute the settlement, which allowed me to capture it. The general's name is Qayit al Alfi

on another play through attempt from the savegame that i uploaded, i experience the same crash when the rebels are about to finish their turn

going to try playing through another faction to the same year to see if it's just limited to Khwaz

tried a play through with england for a few turns and no issue .. tried one with Byzantines, crashed after my first turn.

just going to try reinstalling 2.1 and playing the savegame to see if i run into the same problem

Personally I think this is the best mod I have played for m2tw 4zumi but I mean I only played stainless steel and some others like retrofit before. And also I only ever play as England lol I should maybe try another country at some point but I always liked the feel of vanilla. Ss takes alot of that away with the map changes and I did want to like wesros total war but I like the fact you still keep the Americas in there. I think the ss I played took the Americas out and moved the map east but uve been able to do both so that's awesome. And yea even when the vanilla version when reviewed got such good ratings if mods were taken into account too, the scores would go way over /10. So thanks for the time and effort you have put into this mod

@ joe

I'm a tad busy at the moment. Christmas and all that stuff. So I sadly did not come around to look into the issue.
    But I think I can make time around new year, when all the uproar has died down a little bit.

I remember having a problem, when a starting Generals/Captains were named something with "al" or some other two part sure/ last name. For some reason this produced errors.
    Would be interesting on which faction in the Byzantines game this happens. If it is the Kwarzemimimmimi, it could be the same reason.

Author of
    Developer of

@horus
    Thanks horus, you are welcome.
    I made this mod how I would personally like to play this game (and to the extend of my modding abilities )

Author of
    Developer of

CareBearKiller's Avatar Laetus

Will any Viking mercenaries be added for Scandinavian region? or any other regions like Saxony or England.

Quote Originally Posted by 4zumi View Post
    @ joe

I'm a tad busy at the moment. Christmas and all that stuff. So I sadly did not come around to look into the issue.
    But I think I can make time around new year, when all the uproar has died down a little bit.

I remember having a problem, when a starting Generals/Captains were named something with "al" or some other two part sure/ last name. For some reason this produced errors.
    Would be interesting on which faction in the Byzantines game this happens. If it is the Kwarzemimimmimi, it could be the same reason.
    no worries! enjoy the holidays 4zumi

hey joe,

thanks. hope you had nice holidays too.
    I tried taking Samarkand as the Kwarzesmuimimimi and did not experience an issue. I used the same General, and occupied the city.
    Maybe it is an error that only emerges occassionally, or I did forget to include something in the 2.1 patch, or is it possible that you have a remnant of a submod you used?

Does the log say anything?
    Easiest thing would be to install the mod new and make a file check with steam for the original game, maybe something got lost, went wrong or is on vacation.
    Otherwise report back and I will try to figure something out if I can.

Author of
    Developer of

Fantastic mod to improve the vanilla and enjoy the game more. Excellent job!

I've had several crashes during the first few AI turns as the Seljuks. None of them broke the campaign thankfully but I noticed they all happened after the AI approached me with a diplomat (right after negotiations ended).

Quote Originally Posted by 4zumi View Post
    hey joe,

thanks. hope you had nice holidays too.
    I tried taking Samarkand as the Kwarzesmuimimimi and did not experience an issue. I used the same General, and occupied the city.
    Maybe it is an error that only emerges occassionally, or I did forget to include something in the 2.1 patch, or is it possible that you have a remnant of a submod you used?

Does the log say anything?
    Easiest thing would be to install the mod new and make a file check with steam for the original game, maybe something got lost, went wrong or is on vacation.
    Otherwise report back and I will try to figure something out if I can.
    i did a fresh install of Med 2 and the 2.0 + 2.1 patch

i think there is an issue with Kwaz faction..i was trying a game as the Byzantines and occasionally it will crash when it is the AI's for the Kwaz Empire. after i load up the game again, it works fine for a few turns and then crashes - always on the AI turn for the Kwaz

i haven't tried the save game i uploaded but i imagine i will keep running into the crash

here's the log info (think it's the same as before):

09:33:03.943 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:33:03.943 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    09:33:03.943 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:33:03.943 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:33:03.958 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:33:03.958 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:33:03.958 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:33:03.958 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:33:07.063 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7761, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction apachean (bdg town vs clt huge_city)
    09:49:14.083 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

@BHL
    Mhh, strange.
    Can you remember which faction the diplomat was from, what was offered and did you take the offer, renegotiated, etc?

@joe
    yeah, it is the same as before and does not tell me anything regarding this problem. The error mentioned is not to be worried about.
    Could you start the game with the bat file, this will enable a detailed log, that may offer some more insight. But I doubt it somehow.

I will try this experimental fix, as I suspect a problem with a name of a character, as this was somehow a problem I encountered before.
    I deleted every starting character name that had a three part name like "Santa Whitebeard Claus" and replaced it with "Santa Claus".

http://www.mediafire.com/file/39kwfh...l_fix_%231.zip

Unpack it and drop the file into this folder, replacing the original one:

totalvanillab/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Hopefully this solves the issue, as I have a hard time reproducing it.

If it is a random trigger related crash, it could take some time to solve it, if it can be solved at all.

Author of
    Developer of

@crazyclay

oh, and thanks
    have fun.

Author of
    Developer of

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Thank you for this awesome mod! While SS and other overhaul mods are great, sometimes the thing I appreciate in mods is simplicity within the seemingly complex additions. These features are all awesome, and the units are all amazing.

Thanks Kman,

I always try to make it not to complicated, as I found out, that too much features tend to be a drag.
    Sometimes I catch myself overthinking something and I have to cut it back later.

Enjoy your campaign.

Edit: And thanks for the rep. I assume it was you. If not: thanks, other person.

Author of
    Developer of

4zumi, thank you for making vanilla-like yet very detailed mod. I really enjoyed it very much, and it is really hard to find such clean and enjoyable mod.

I did some changes in text-based files mainly to increase overall morale of units, population requirement for upgrading towns and castles. Anyway, my question is that are you planing to add Indian sub-continent or enlarge Americas?

And playable Timurids would be great, like starting as 1 town tribe maybe since they are not an independent state in original starting date.

Thank you again for this great mod.

[size=13pt]Faction Stärke: Starke All-Raound[/size]

Hey Grandier,

thanks for the kind words .

And here an answer for your questions.

I'm not planning on adding the Indian sub-continent for a few reasons.
    1. I have no more regions left I could distribute, so if I added more land, I would have to shave of some settlements elsewere.
    2. I have no faction slots left to populate the new lands.
    3. I have no free unit slots left I could use to make units for new factions.

On the Americas:
    I do not plan to enlarge them, for the same reasons as above.
    I would have loved to include more factions and subsequently units for the Americas Factions, but due to the hardcoded limit this is not possible without deleting existing units or factions.
    What I do plan to do sometime in the future, is to add a proper building tree for the Aztecs and Apachean and try my best to include the settlement battle maps from the Americas Campaign.
    But this, however is a longterm goal and I have to see how this works out.

On the Timurids:
    Those little rascals got expelled from the party, because the Kwarezimimimimi Faction demanded a factions slot. Their units got incorporated into the Mongol roster.
    As much as I would liked to have them in there, it is not possible to include them now. But you could pretend that the Mongols have taken their place.

Enjoy your campaign

Author of
    Developer of