Thread: How to make an icon for the unit?

Default How to make an icon for the unit?

How to make an icon for the unit? maybe have some kind of a program. because taking photos on the battlefield is always different lighting, and for a long time to edit I want that the icons were similar to the standard and fits in well with the game.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: How to make an icon for the unit?

I assume you mean unit cards? You can make them from scratch with Photoshop, paint.net, GIMP or some other photo-editing software. Here's a few examples of unit cards from various mods.

It sounds like you'd prefer to make the unit cards based off in-game screenshots though? I'd recommend using the Assembly Kit, and the VariantEditor to do this as you can make units strike poses and take screenshots at the same angle for every unit. Here's a few examples of ones I made ages ago to test this out.
    Here are a few examples from Total War: Arena, although they're a different aspect ratio.

You should note that the UI cuts off quite a lot of your unit card, therefore you should use this template. Make sure the unit card fits inside the white area, as everything in the black area is cut off.