Thread: Spartan Agoge

Decanus

Default Spartan Agoge

First off: this mod is awesome. I used to play EB1 a ton. More recently I've played a lot of DeI on Rome 2. The amount of history included in this mod makes it by far the best role play experience I've yet had in a TW game. Just so good.

Anyway.

Having great fun in my Epirus campaign. Got all of Greece, naturally, plus Macedonia and Southern Illyria. Taking my time, really. Just got my first FM to come of age and promptly sent him to Sparta. He's got all the good versions of the Sharp/Charismatic/Energetic traits, so I have high hopes. He's sat in Sparta for at least a full year...........and nothing's really happened yet. Could I be doing something wrong, or is there something else I'm missing? Back in EB1, I had no problem sending my little Molossians through the Agoge so I'm fairly familiar with the process.

Thanks!

Default Re: Spartan Agoge

The trigger of the first trait that starts the process off is broken. So it doesn't work in 2.3.

Easy enough to fix yourself in the meantime, but not likely to be savegame compatible. Otherwise you can give them the requisite traits with the console (SpartanAgoge, SpartanTraining and AgogeProgressCounter).

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I believe he has to stay in Sparta until he is 18. And then there is a subsequent training period after where he can possibly remain in Sparta and can even be within the region itself until he is 20.

- edit

Or it's broken and doesn't work now haha
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Unfortunately trait is broken, as Quintus pointed out.

To fix it, in export_descr_character_traits.txt search for the trigger Spartan_Agoge_Begins, and swap the operators for age conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    Unfortunately trait is broken, as Quintus pointed out.

To fix it, in export_descr_character_traits.txt search for the trigger Spartan_Agoge_Begins, and swap the operators for age conditions.
    Actually delete the one with 24 in it, and change the one with 19 to < 19.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Actually delete the one with 24 in it, and change the one with 19 to < 19.
    ---BEFORE EDITING---
    Condition CharacterIsLocal
    and SettlementName sett_090 ; Sparte
    and Trait SpartanAgoge < 1
    and CharacterAge > 24
    and CharacterAge < 19

---AFTER EDITING---
    and CharacterAge < 19

I would love if someone would pin the modified archive, it just wastes too much time to search the right words.

Decanus

Thank you all for the helpful replies. I will make sure to change it up before starting another campaign, but for now, I can handle not having the Agoge as Epirus. Just knowing what's going on is good enough for now.

Tiro

Hello,

I am playing a KH campaign 2.3, H/M.

I realiced of that trouble you are having, i "solved" it, as Quintus said, putting the young FM in Sparte till they turned 20 and then adding them with console give_trait this SpartanAgoge X , with X being 3, 4 or 5 for barely completed Agoge, completed Agoge and Exceled in Agoge, related to how the FM are sharp/charismatic/vigorous or dull/charismatic/languorous. But someone, sorry whoever i dont remember the name, gave us another more elegant solution. Since it is only the trigger what it is broken, the rest of the script is working, you only need to take your young FM to Sparte and once they are there, take them out of city a bit and use the console comand give_trait this SpartanAgoge 1 ( with the FM targeted), and put them back inside. This way that FM will start the Agoge training , and it will work as it is supposed to work. Once Spartan Agoge training is finished , even the Paikiskos and Krypteia sp? triggers are working.
    Regards:

melvidh
    Last edited by melvidh; October 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typos

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The trigger of the first trait that starts the process off is broken. So it doesn't work in 2.3.

Easy enough to fix yourself in the meantime, but not likely to be savegame compatible. Otherwise you can give them the requisite traits with the console (SpartanAgoge, SpartanTraining and AgogeProgressCounter).
    I don't get it. If it's so easy to fix why is it even broken? Was it just a small oversight that will be fixed in the next patch or does it have a reason to be disabled (unbalanced/incomplete)?

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    I don't get it. If it's so easy to fix why is it even broken? Was it just a small oversight that will be fixed in the next patch or does it have a reason to be disabled (unbalanced/incomplete)?
    Small oversight. Traits are a huge undertaking, and we're understaffed in that area.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MrKhazar View Post
    ---BEFORE EDITING---
    and CharacterAge > 24
    and CharacterAge < 19

---AFTER EDITING---
    and CharacterAge < 19
    Tried this and started a new campaign and it immediately crashed. Any reasons why?
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    Tried this and started a new campaign and it immediately crashed. Any reasons why?
    Did you edit using Notepad++? Other editors can leave unneeded characters, or not be able to process the entire EDCT file and will truncate it.
    EBII Council