Hey all! I'm brand new to modding, been reading and watching tutorials for a little while and decided to give it a shot today. My grand idea is to change up the look of the map and some fun stuff like that.

To just test out startpos editing, I decided to give a couple regions to the Dwarfs. Tried adding all from Zhufbar, Kadrin, and Barak Varr.

So I went into DAVE, went into start_pos_regions, and changed the owning faction for all of those regions to the main dwarf faction. I unchecked "faction capital", because I figured that would give a conflict if a faction had three capitals haha.

I tried to do anything in start_pos_factions and factions tables, like delete those three factions, but after pressing "Remove Record(s)" and selecting yes, nothing was happening.

Thinking myself done, I exported the tables to binary, exited out of DAVE, and went into BoB to make my .pack. I checked, under raw data, the "campaign" subheader, followed by start_pos.esf, and selected "process start_pos.esf". It started to process it, and copied over the new files, but when the game launched it crashed after a minute. I have the error message "Startpos file not found after running the game!"

Just curious what I'm doing wrong, any help would be great! Thanks a ton!