Thread: Difficulty check? AI remastered

Default Difficulty check? AI remastered

In general, on the good side tw game designers have made an exeptional AI. Extremely balanced all the way. I think they got some of the best reviews for one of the most advanced AI motors there is... Though if you change the difficulty up or down that means twieks, nerfing or boosting your general armys defence, attack etc...right? Champaign difficulty ia basically only giving the AI more starting resources and the public order penalty in our settlements? So at the same time I admire the TW designers basic AI work, I wish for other changes in changing the difficulties i guess.
    Any comment? Other opinions???

Regards

* In changing difficulty i guess I wish for changes in the behavior of how the AI makes its moves both in champaign and in battle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TW pic.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	349200Hard difficulty. Last invasion of skaven part 1. Skaven champaign.
    Last edited by Frunk; November 02, 2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Difficulty check? AI remastered

Wait? A Total War game with good AI? This has to be satire.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Total War AI is always about bonuses and penalties and I guess that's the same for every other games out there. Dont think there's a game that developed 4 different AIs for 4 difficulty levels.

AI for Warhammer is the best in series so far... but that doesn't mean it is actually very good. In battles it can still be exploited fairly easily and even if you don't exploit it terribly it is really only a threat with vastly superior forces in most cases. The campaign AI is the weakest link unfortunately and loaded with cheats on higher difficulties.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

There have been obvious improvements with the AI on the battle map. But it's not the same on the campaign map.

Also, on the battle map, difficulty have been raised mostly by accelerating battle's pace.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "