House Martell
    DEAD

House Tully
    King of Dawn

House Arryn
    Open

Admin Faction
    BerryKnight

This hotseat is set at the onset of the War of the Usurper. The great houses of Westeros have called their banners and now march to war.
    This conflict will determine the fate of Westeros for generation to come. Can the rebel houses bring an end to the tyranny of the Dragon Kings?
    Will the Iron Throne crush this rebellion like every other to have become before them? It will be up to each house to command their armies
    and determine their fate in the battles to come.
    Please read the rules over carefully and post with your preferred factions. We will begin once the hotseats fills up.

Admin Faction

This faction will be used to create mini events.
    For example;
    Faith uprising
    Slaver & Bandit Raids
    White Walkers
    Iron Bank debt collectors

Each Admin faction force will hold ancillaries which can be taken upon defeat.
    For example;
    Chests of Gold
    Lost Valyrian Swords
    Special armor

The Iron Bank of Braavos
    The Iron Bank will now be open for business.
    The Bank will be run via the Admin Faction, all players can send diplomats & messages requesting loans at their discretion.
    Loan interest is set at a fixed rate of 20%
    Warning - Unpayed debts will result in the Bank finding its due one way or the other.

Sellswords
    Players may now hire sellsword companies.
    Any player can message the admin via pm and request to hire these mercenaries at roughly twice their regular recruitment cost. The mercs are spawned at the factions starting capital and cannot be spawned anywhere else. Once the units are spawned in they're prohibited from moving or participating in battles for one turn. (This includes serving as reinforcements)
    If this rule is broken the recruitment cost is forfeited the men will be disbanded and the player will be barred from recruiting mercenaries again. Only one group can be recruited every three turns. Lastly, each group can only be recruited twice per player. The composition of these groups is as followed:

Small Sellsword Band: 4,000 Gold
    1 Armoured Spearmen
    2 Levy Spearmen

Medium Sellsword Band: 8,500 Gold
    1 Armoured Swordsman
    2 Amoured Spearmen
    2 Levy Spearmen

Large Sellsword Band: 11,000 Gold

1 Armoured Swordsman
    2 Armoured Spearmen
    4 Levy Spearmen

Finances
    Each faction will be held responsible for keeping it's finances under control. If any faction goes bankrupt, the following fines will be issued.
    -2000 = Minor Troop Desertion
    -4000 = Small Stacks of Deserters Begin Pillaging Home Territories
    -6000 = Major Troop Desertion
    -8000 = The Loss of General Loyalty Traits
    -12000 = Faction Destruction

Agents & Captives
    Agents can be captured if they are inside a fort/settlement captured by the enemy
    or if they are surrounded with units on each side (North, South, East, West)
    Enemy agents can only be surrounded and captured if they are inside of you or your allies territory.
    Diplomats can be bribed.
    Merchants can be bribed at 35% odds.
    Princesses can steal enemy generals at 35% odds. However, princesses cannot be used to steal generals from an army that is sieging.
    Pictures must always be provided whenever an agent is bribed or a general is stolen.
    A general can be captured if you have him trapped in a fort/castle you are besieging or could have killed him in battle. You can ransom generals
    back or trade them for other prisoners. There will be no trial by combat option for captured generals.

Spoils of War
    After killing an enemy, you may request the ancillaries of fallen enemies.
    For example; If Targaryen defeats Robert Baratheon and kills him, Targaryen may claim his Warhammer.
    Random ancillaries will be decided by the admin, however lordships cannot be taken.

Objectives
    Each faction will have a set of objectives which will result in large rewards.

Targaryen
    Capture or Kill Robert Baratheon = Dark Sister

Stark
    Hold two or more settlements south of the Neck by turn 20 = Horn of Winter

Tully
    Hold all Riverland settlements by turn 20 = The Hammer of Justice

Arryn
    Capture and hold either Kings Landing or Dragonstone for 5 turns = Lamentation

Lannister
    Capture and hold either Kings Landing or Riverrun for 5 turns = Brightroar

Tyrell
    Achieve 7 Star command with a Hightower General = Vigilance

Martell
    Capture and hold Storms End for 5 turns = Blackfyre

Greyjoy
    Capture and hold either Oldtown, Winterfell or Casterly Rock for 5 turns = Red Rain

Diplomacy Rules
    Stark/Arryn start allied to Baratheon and Martell/Tyrell start allied to Targaryen. These alliances cannot be broken. The remaining factions are allowed to ally with and fight with whoever they want at their discretion. However, a marriage alliance made between two true-born (non-bastard) members of the ruling houses cannot be broken unless the FL/FH dies without siring any true-born children. For example, if Cersei Lannister weds Willas Tyrell then the houses of Lannister and Tyrell will remain allied unless Willas Tyrell were to die without siring any children. If Willas Tyrell were to die but a child was born by Cersei Lannister then the alliance stands.
    Forced marriage alliances through captives does not affect the above rule.

Rules

1. 2 forts per region
    2. 6 forts max per faction and 5 (half-strength) unit requirement for each fort
    3. Adoptions and MoH are allowed
    4. No excessive replays to insure victories
    5. No watchtowers
    6. No one turn peace, unless the player has yet not played. (No attacking / entering / forting in enemy territory unless they have already played)
    7. No Destroying Buildings
    8. No diplomat / agent stomping.
    9. PM/VM the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before you are skipped.
    10. No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. If in doubt, just ask us. No sailing from a blockaded port without defeating the blockading ships, it is illegal to burn down ports in order to get around this rule.
    Armies must not end a turn be hidden in ships inside of ports. This is because that army would be unreachable.
    No sallying forth in a siege if the outcome is a defeat. This counts towards all sieges including forts.
    No YoYo army bug.
    11. Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    12. Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances. (Pictures must be 100% of what is required, no exceptions)
    13. Settlements gifted should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone ( bordering faction at war with, or under threat )
    14. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'. Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this.
    15. Armies and agents bribed are not allowed to move the turn they are bribed.
    16. No sacking home regions. If you lose a home region and then reclaim it you're barred from sacking or annihilating the population.
    17. Due to some potentially sketchy naval AR in this submod naval battles will be required to be 1:1 in odds or better for the
    player initiating the battle. This way we can avoid issues that may potentially arise.
    18. The admin retains the right to make decisions on anything not explicitly covered by these rules.

Last edited by BerryKnight; July 20, 2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: OP Update

Default Re: [HS] Rise of the Usurper

I may make some small changes to the rules before the starting save is posted.

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Me thinks Lannister, Tully, or Tyrell por favor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can change the Martell starting ships I'd consider baratheon.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

changed my mind

Tyrell preferred, Lannister would be cool, not opposed to Baratheon.
    Last edited by cowcow; October 31, 2017 at 09:41 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Arryn preferably but I'll play any.

I will take stark, though I will play what is available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martell/ Arryn prefered

House Tully, Baratheon, and Targaryen are still available. I'm going to try to do some strat work on the mod today before we start. I want to do a little bit of balancing if I can.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

What map is this on? I can take Targ if you cant fill the spot (assuming you'll take me ahah), havent played Roberts Rebellion mod before. I'd probably prioritize this over most of my other 3 HSs since they are all moving at snail pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    What map is this on? I can take Targ if you cant fill the spot (assuming you'll take me ahah), havent played Roberts Rebellion mod before. I'd probably prioritize this over most of my other 3 HSs since they are all moving at snail pace.
    This is on the old map, it will be a little while before the new map is skinned for Roberts Rebellion. You can have the Targ spot if you want it.

I guess ill fill baratheon then.

I believe Robert Baratheon spawns way out west on this map then. For the sake of balance he should start near Storms End. But for now i'll take it, wanna look at the mod first before i confirm.

I believe Robert Baratheon spawns way out west on this map then. For the sake of balance he should start near Storms End. But for now i'll take it, wanna look at the mod first before i confirm.
    I intended to have him moved back to Storms End to start the hotseat.

Rheagar should be moved to Kings Landing, he never had an army in Dorne. He brought 10,000 Dornishmen up from the Princes Pass, and the other 30,000 were from the crownlands. Kings Landing really needs an Army Barracks instead of whatever it has now b/c at the moment free upkeep is useless in it.

Rheagar should be moved to Kings Landing, he never had an army in Dorne. He brought 10,000 Dornishmen up from the Princes Pass, and the other 30,000 were from the crownlands. Kings Landing really needs an Army Barracks instead of whatever it has now b/c at the moment free upkeep is useless in it.
    I'll consider those changes. It does make sense to move Rhaegar to KL if Robert will be moved back to SE.

Targ/Tyrell/Martell is already way stronger than Baratheon/Arryn/Stark... pls no big boosts...

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Targ/Tyrell/Martell is already way stronger than Baratheon/Arryn/Stark... pls no big boosts...
    There won't be any "boosts" to any factions. The only things I'm considering are slight changes to the postions of armies as I'm considering an alteration to the scenario. Currently the mod takes place after the Battle of the Bells. And I'm considering changing it so the hotseat takes place before the Battle of the Bells or the Battle of Ashford.

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar Bolton View Post
    There won't be any "boosts" to any factions. The only things I'm considering are slight changes to the postions of armies as I'm considering an alteration to the scenario. Currently the mod takes place after the Battle of the Bells. And I'm considering changing it so the hotseat takes place before the Battle of the Bells or the Battle of Ashford.
    If you are moving Robert, Rheagar needs to be moved as well. Kings Landing needs an army barracks, like it has in ADOS b/c its practically useless when it can only house Militia. Those are not boosts. Same with Oldtown. It's adding what should've been added for the sake of balance when the mod was made.

If you are moving Robert, Rheagar needs to be moved as well. Kings Landing needs an army barracks, like it has in ADOS b/c its practically useless when it can only house Militia. Those are not boosts. Same with Oldtown. It's adding what should've been added for the sake of balance when the mod was made.
    If I move Robert, I will consider moving Rhaegar. I will not be making changes to the barracks in any of the cities. Everyone will know for certain this evening if changes are made. And then they can declare their intent to join/leave the hotseat before we start.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast