Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Default Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Your computer is not low no, so the 4GB patch should work. But no matter what your ram is, the game will never use more than 2, or 4 with the patch. If it's a other problem, we are still searching but this is not the mod itself, as it works for some people, including us modders.

yes, selv if in the meantime you can do mediafire and Google drive would be perfect..

Well, this saka bug beat me so far. I have been changing or adding bogus childrens characters to a few other factions to check, and all come to age without dying. Except the Saka rauka it seem, who have nothing different in the files that I can see... More tomorow I guess.

To those waiting for a alternative download, I am uploading to google drive, which tell me it might take a day or so. I sure hope it will be faster download for some of you if I have to leave my computer on for 24h...

many thanks for uploading, really! GD should be accessible to any, at least for now.

ok, the Sakans won't have this epidemy for too long

GROB's Avatar Civis

Hi rafmc1989, first of all, great mod. I have two questions to ask you. 1st. question, when the scrolling factions at the top are changing, I get a red arrow pointing downwards. What does that mean? My 2nd question is, the event pictures, some of them have a circle with a minus sign or a plus sign. What does that mean? I like how the beautiful the battle maps and the campaign map look. Keep up with the good work. Thankyou!

mmh well the first point, I think your are addressing the new cursor packs, essentially it's just for aesthetics... (but, if I didn't adress you specific question, please clarify a bit more)

The second point yes there are plus, munus or equal signs... It's about the taxes the royal family takes for the revenues of harvesting&husbandry...the outcomes are based on randomizers..

Thanks, we are polishing some aspects for the official release

Hi
    First, Great job, please keep doing it
    Second, playing as Swebaz i notice a cant recluit troops at the beggining of the campaing, Ripen have a wodden palisade (recluit slot) but not barracks, an the rest of the settlements have not reach population to build their own palisades.
    I have resolve the problem editting EDU and give +1 recluit slot to barracks to all factions, but i dont know how this have impact in the general balance.

Thanks for mentionning it, karnaza. Yep the 'barbarian' factions are supposed to have a very small and primitive start for most, building them up should take time, for both player and ai. Though just a little more starter military options for them might be in order, it's hard for me to say since I use different files than those in the official build. We will check.
    Can you tell us on what system you play, and version? Steam/CD, and windows Y? And if you had to do something beside the instructions to get the mod running? It's important for us, to help people with unexplainable glitchs.

Please anyone, do like karnaza and report gameplay details that strike you.

thanks for mentioning...
    about the barbarians, mhm, ok the general idea is that they start with weak military gear, but a slight start improvement can be then..

hi guys, do you need more beta testers? Willing to give it a go but do you have any guidlines on what youre actually looking for feedback wise?

Quote Originally Posted by garfalex View Post
    hi guys, do you need more beta testers? Willing to give it a go but do you have any guidlines on what youre actually looking for feedback wise?
    Will give it a go, posted in mod db thread and i'll leave feedback here

oh and i play disc version of kingdoms 1.5

ook thanks alot for testing...

yes just let me know the faction you choose, the type of campaign (free or historical) and difficulty, the rest is all free...

try to examine the dynamics, the gameplay, the diplomacy, the balance of factions and units, etc... older bugs are already fixed for the next official release

cant get it to work sorry. i'll wait for the official release (tried downloading it and installing 3 times)

mmh, I see... if it's about the graphics error, looking at feedback, it may be due to some issue with Steam...

We'll see about having a direct installer for the next official release..

i can't upload it for some reason, it says the file is to big and i need ann account on that site to complete the download

mmh, yes, Mega can create this sort of limits for big sized files... in any case, ok, the next official will come with several download links..

Dear rafmc1989 , I'm afraid your mod doesn't work on mid-high end computers - mine being one of them. I admire your endeavor and I wish you the best. Unfortunately, the fix for your mod doesn't work, at least for me. I do hope that you'll continue and one day make this playable for everyone.

I got some feedback about the graphics issue...

well, albeit it's still not 100% clear to me, I also have other players who are playing normally (CD users, basically). I do have a mid-high end computer too, and I didn't encounter graphics crashes... In any case, while I go on for the next official release (I'll put a new preview later on about what's new), I'll also ask Gigantus about a general installer instead of the rar archive..

When I'm close to finish, I'll address again this issue with graphics

ram its a problem with installing the game, not a graphics issue. I go to overwrite dbm , click on the link and it starts dbm 1.0 which was the version I was playing. Which version of dbm does it need to overwrite? 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3? Do you think this could be the issue?