Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Default Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

weird, try this new one:

https://mega.nz/#!ssVgzTaA!WHNxDkBB0...apgPyH61HvgzGs

Then, dont forget the installation infos describes on ModDB... it's about the .rwm file...

Can you cut it in <1gb parts?

6.18 gbs is a bit intimidating.

for now, being the testing version, not official I just did the MEGA link... when we have the official, I'll provide several...

6.18gbs is about all the new graphics stuff of the mod, you'll see unpacked it's close to 16gb... but will continue to grow a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Don't be scared, i'm no monster. It's yours + latest content of mine.

Btw the changelog, it's the one you see with the pic of the ptlomey soldier and the desert in background.. i mean check DBM page, you cannot miss.

So ok apart that, for others that play, state faction, diff and lenght.. the rest is free.

Ah there is no direct changelog in the game, it was useless.
    Answer you here rather than polluting the testing thread. Mh ha ha, of course you are a monster.
    Seriously, it must have been a very long day because I can't see the log? I see the pictures, comments, the soldier in desert and Thorvaldo comment + your answer but no log?

No ma seriooo! (No but seriously!!) xDxD

here: watch below the pic, and you find the long list... so ok now let's be quiet for the response of players

http://www.moddb.com/mods/de-bello-mundi

Please get installation instructions
    Please get installation instructions

Oups, it seem neither rafmc or me thought about steam users, we didn't even think of correcting the bat file for them. Please follow the following:

1, Download

2, extract the mod and place the DBM folder in your mods folder of your M2TW installation

3, make sure that the path to the mod files and bat launcher is right:
    Medieval2 Installation folder/mods/DBM/data
    and ect until:
    Medieval2 Installation folder/mods/DBM/Play DBM - Gioca DBM.bat

4, Download the file below in attachment and replace the old batch with it.

5, launch the mod from the bat file.

Ps, rafmc you might want to put this, especially the new batch in the op of the testing thread. I don't and won't have steam but I guess this is the way that most people must have the game nowadays.

Any steam player, let us know if that batch is working properly for you. Adapted quickly from bare geomod bat so it should work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by selv; January 12, 2018 at 12:55 AM.

Yess you're right I always forget about the Steam part of gamers!!
    Sorry, and thanks for the info provided.

Gonna update it on Mdb too

I tried to launch the game and I did not succeed.In logs the following errors occur:
    10:32:08.237 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE210:32:08.238 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===10:32:08.240 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack10:32:08.240 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack10:32:08.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack10:32:08.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack10:32:08.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack10:32:08.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction romani has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to bighalls10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to bighalls10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction skuoa has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction sarumatah has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction romani has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction skuoa has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction sarumatah has gap in building prior to warlords_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to kings_stables10:32:12.876 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15300, column 3Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    I tried to launch the game and I did not succeed.In logs the following errors occur

These errors are false positive and don't prevent the game from launching. Can you be more specific? Did it crash and when? Right after launching the bat? At faction selection screen? At least I take it my batch file work on steam or you woudn't have the log.
    Are you using the 4 GB patch? It is very possible that this version require it on most machines, I had to use it to pass the faction selection screen after rafmc graphics adds on this version.
    https://www.google.ru/url?sa=t&rct=j...CWNaNTCX8YABFO

rafmc, my old friend, these false errors in your buildings versions are quite confusing, and my guess is we will see them reported often when they are not the cause of problems. All you have to do in your EDB is to delete the southern_european from the king_stable, let the eastern_european build the earls_stable, and the same with belgae/england and your chariot hall building, I forgot the name. Then these false errors would go away from the log. My EDB is too different from yours and woudn't fit this version.
    I repeat for those not paying attention, they are false and don't cause crashes.

yes, I already checked them many times, they are just false positives...

reason:

for the stables at a certain point there are two choices in the EDB:
    1)either it is built the earls_stables or the warlords_stables (according to the culture and its availabilities);
    2)there is the hidden_resource not_here which prevents any kings_stable, no matter where you are as this hr just do not exist, so the building never appears.
    hence, the game says about the gap due to this division of choices to build, but they do nothing.

While about the Steam users, yes, I didn't address the specific installation measures, but use the 4 GB patch (the new graphics is heavier), and the correct batch file...
    Then, always for Steam users, try to delete some .txt.strings in data/text of your DBM directory... they refresh anew, but always do a backup first.

P.S. Adding the Steamers installation on the official Mdb page.

Let us know
    Last edited by rafmc1989; January 12, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

I'm sorry I had to be more specific. ctd takes place after selecting the faction and pressing the start button for a new campaign.Custom battle and quick battle I saw it works.

did you deleted the map.rwm in world/maps/campaign/base?

moreover, try to delete the txt.strings from data/text, the ones dated 2018 (last edited ones)... I didn't do that for the CD version, just the map.rwm, but I guess for Steam is good to do... they are regenerated after you start the game... they always have to be 72 elements in that folder.

and be sure you extracted in the correct directory mods of your MII....

Let us know, so that I also correct the steamer installation when you resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIa7OUMNVPI

(it's almost over this season)

Damn mega.nz. Can't download such huge file from it, because my public IP is shared within network, so it hits limit pretty quickly.

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

Graphics Fatal error...(steam installation)

What should I do then?

When? At faction selection screen? Did you apply the 4GB patch? If you have and it still crash, then your computer might be too low to endure the 'hd' graphics.
    We have a alternative start for graphics here, it might help and I will complete it with more good old graphics for cities and agents when time allow, which won't be before a while, probably.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-the-new-DBM

Sar1n, where could we upload that many GB downloadable in one piece? Suggest alternatives and I will try.
    Last edited by selv; January 15, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

You could use Google Drive. You get 15GB free with Gmail account, I've used it to share mods in the past. It's manageable entirely from browser if you don't want to install any app.

Alright, I am trying, I will post a new link when the upload is ready.

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Computer?

1060GTX, 16GBRam, i5 7600K is low?
    The campaign is loading.
    Once the game starts, it stops immediately.