Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Default Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

mmh, the last one was DBM 1.2, before the new 2.0..

Still I cannot detect the real cause of the graphics issue for some players.. as of me, team-mates and other testers it went all well..

Compared to 1.2 game though, a large part of the mod changed.. in any case make a back up and try owerwriting all folders...

Icon3 Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

In order to improve ui I add alpha channel to roman and greek cards of generals/spies/merchants/diplomats.

So, this

changed to this

And now when greek/roman portraits are being used as cards they have transparent background.

If you would like to include them in the mod, here they are
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O2...jmz610Sl-bQIPz

mmh, never thought to have the blank background for the characters..

ook, great then!! (so now all cards are of the same type).. gonna add it to the latest works we have for the major release..

Thanks for the addition

PS:
    If you like, you may want to do the same background for the other 5 culture portraits too?
    Last edited by rafmc1989; March 22, 2018 at 05:19 PM.

The thing is, I took these alpha-channels from card files in original RTW. There is some weirdness in why not all of portraits have them (greek's and roman's don't). So, every other culture in DBM allready have these channels. Except one. In DBM the folder name is 'roman', but it's used by a few factions (and not Romans . And I can't add alpha channels to those, cause I don't have card files to take them from, cause those portraits don't exist in RTW.

yes I see what you mean, for the other cultures there are new portraits in the current 2.0 testing which do not come from RTW...

I mean, I could make all of them trasparent by editing one-by-one and removing backgrounds with blank, but would be really a superficial add and damn time-consuming hehe..

in case, feel free to send me other blank-background portraits from time to time if you like, you can always edit with Ps or GIMP for ex.
    the other ones are already included in the next major release.. grazie!!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I can help you , how make Colchian and Caucasian Iberian Units.

write me personally

if we look to the Metz Hayk (Armenians) roster of the game, actually we already have Albanian and Iberian (Of Caucasus) units, many of them AOR ideated..

I think there won't be other ones than what we currently have.. mainly for slots problems, we ran out completely.. :/

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

rafmc1989
    Yes, In game is Colchian and Caucasus iberian Units

but Is not accurate,

I can help you reskin this units.

I know Colchian and Caucasus iberian Military history, I am also amateur Painter. I have a lot of material

Last edited by Khevsur; March 27, 2018 at 04:56 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Last edited by Khevsur; March 28, 2018 at 03:44 AM.

mmh, interesting material...

ok I do believe you are a very expert historian of Armenia/Georgia, so yes sure you may feel free to reskin the units we currently have, but not create new ones basically...

I would say, you may start reskinning them after we have the major release out, so you have full access to all the contents of the game.. you may even make them 2048x2048 (the textures) if you want them to be very accurate and HD, no problem for me..

hopefully and time allowed, I'm adding some extra character traits and ancillaries, then the major release should be with all the core elements we were seeking for the mod.. I'll keep you informed!!

Thanks for being of great help to us!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

rafmc1989
    Unfortunately, I can not make texture
    I have an idea . colchian and iberians is one People :
    1.Colch-Iberian Skrimshers(light) -with square wicker shield, Colchian axe and colchian Javelins, Flax and leather armor -with animal fur, paphlagonian helmet.
    2.Colch-Iberian Spearmen(medium) - With Square wooden shield, Spear and colchian Sword , Flax and leather armor - with animal fur , metal cnemids, scytho - hellenic and chalcidian helmet .
    3.Colch-Iberian Hoplite (Heavy)- With hoplon shield - colchian ornaments , Spear and Colchian Sword , scale and cuirass armor, metal cnemids, scytho-hellenic and chalcidian helmet
    4.Colch- iberian archer (light) - WIth Bow, Colchian Axe
    Last edited by Khevsur; March 28, 2018 at 03:53 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Colch-Iberian Ornaments For Shields

Last edited by Khevsur; March 28, 2018 at 04:01 AM.

mmh I see, I hoped you could draw textures to ease your research and create according to the materials you use..

btw, ok, for a matter of priorities, I'm not gonna do other reskins apart all the other ones I did till now, I'm focusing on some character bonuses to be ready with the major release...

After, ok, I will see what other reskins you may want to have from the devs (we can do them anytime and they are not savegame breaking)..

ah, moreover, that in-game pic is from Rome II right??
    I'm gonna test it again after a lot of time, due to the latest updates released by CA, I will see what inspirations may be appropriate for the mod, in case..

thanks for the suggestions! [if you want, you could also provide some very accurate descriptions of units/buildings later on]... researchers are very beneficial for our small team..

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    did you deleted the map.rwm in world/maps/campaign/base?

moreover, try to delete the txt.strings from data/text, the ones dated 2018 (last edited ones)... I didn't do that for the CD version, just the map.rwm, but I guess for Steam is good to do... they are regenerated after you start the game... they always have to be 72 elements in that folder.

and be sure you extracted in the correct directory mods of your MII....

Let us know, so that I also correct the steamer installation when you resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIa7OUMNVPI

(it's almost over this season)
    @rafmc1989 I install the game today, respect the rules instructions, delete map.rwm and try with txt.strings from data/text, because the probleme is the same, with DBM 1.2 i had no problem to start campaign, but with DBM 2.0 i can't launch battle (=> fatal error ) or campaign (I stay on the campaign menu)

Nobody ??

Quote Originally Posted by Darckraii View Post
    @rafmc1989 I install the game today, respect the rules instructions, delete map.rwm and try with txt.strings from data/text, because the probleme is the same, with DBM 1.2 i had no problem to start campaign, but with DBM 2.0 i can't launch battle (=> fatal error ) or campaign (I stay on the campaign menu)

Sorry, I saw your post but I wasn't sure what to say. I don't have these kinds of troubles and neither does rafmc, last I checked. I have been away a few months but some people appear to have problems like that and we don't manage to reproduce them. I know you said you followed the instructions but did you apply the 4GB patch?
    I suspect the official build is way too greedy in term of graphisms, I posted a partial 'downgrade' in the sub-mod section but if some people used it they didn't say.
    If you don't want to try the lighter old grahics, maybe the next version will improve on performances stabilities, that is, if it is the problem.

I am not very involved in the official build since the release of the present beta, I am just planning to give rafmc some things of my ongoing version when possible so I don't know when the next official build release is, but predicting release date is sort of bad luck for modders anyway.

yes as I mentioned the official build is close to release, but my modding time is super limited lately..
    I'm left with a couple of retexturing to do, then there will be a proper installer for the game so you can choose the correct directory to play..

Guys, hopefully soon, but better not to say the exact day

And, hey, welcome back selv, glad you are active again!!

Thanks for your feedback, no I hadn't tried with the 4gb patch. But on second thought I'll wait for the official v2.0 release.
    Good luck with the rest of the modding. And thank you for a job well done.

Still no news?