Thread: TATW shows logo at startup and then shuts down immediately

Default TATW shows logo at startup and then shuts down immediately

Hello everyone in just looking for some professional help on making my 3rd age total war on my laptop work I did everything I was shown to do even tried the second way shown and all's it does is barely load the logo loading up is there anything I should know about ? Please help

Default Re: TATW shows logo at startup and then shuts down immediately

Answer these few questions so we could help you:

1) What Windows/OS do you have?

2) Is your Medieval II TW a Steam version, or non Steam? Is it installed in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder?

3) Have you downloaded and installed Third Age 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2, and Third Age 3.2 Patch? No additional sub mods for Third Age TW (TATW) installed?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I always shudder when I hear 'installed this way and that way' - there should be only one way.

I have a mac and am running OS high sierra 10.13.2 and I am having the same issue. I choose to play regular M2TW and have the script written for "third_age_3". It starts up and i get the rotating ring and a split second of the third age starting page. However, it goes like that for 2 seconds or so and then just crashes, followed by a notice by my mac saying "medieval 2 has crashed unexpectedly" and gives the me the option to reopen, report, or ignore. I am running 3.2 and parts 1 and 2 of the 3.0 exes are already installed, as well as 3.2 which are all placed in the mods folder of M2TW alongside the other kingdoms mods I have. What can I do to remedy this? I am not particularly computer literate and need some clear and concise instruction to deal with it. Please and thank you for your help.

Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

There is a whole thread regarding Mac installation, and one of the proper ways to install it is like this (Note: With this method, the custom settlements do not work properly.): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15030219

Or, if you want to try and get the custom settlements working (like Minas Tirith, Isengard etc..) use these instructions: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14972654

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thank you so much, I followed the instructions exactly and now the mod works, the issue I was having was that I had to individually move over all of the files into data instead of moving the whole folder as that replaced the previous files. Let that be a warning to anyone else trying to download this mod so that it may save them much time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Answer these few questions so we could help you:

1) What Windows/OS do you have?

2) Is your Medieval II TW a Steam version, or non Steam? Is it installed in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder?

3) Have you downloaded and installed Third Age 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2, and Third Age 3.2 Patch? No additional sub mods for Third Age TW (TATW) installed?

i have 3.2 on my laptop and i have the same problem, yet the only tutorial i could find is for 3.0

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Welcome to the TWC forums, theonestrategist,

You can find the install instructions for TATW 3.2 in this THREAD. For Steam, use the install guide that Gigantus provided.

There are also some (Steam) video guides on Youtube.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 01, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to the TWC forums, theonestrategist,

You can find the install instructions for TATW 3.2 in this THREAD. For Steam, use the install guide that Gigantus provided.
    your help is very much apreciated

wait are you dutch? ( i saw the location)
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 01, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Last time I checked, yes. I hope that's not a problem?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hello everyone, I've the same problem: the game crashes as I run it, at the first presenting screen. I've read somewhere that the 3 files had to be download in order (3.0 1&2, 3.2); for I didn't install the game that way, could it be the problem?
    I have Windows 10 and M2T is not on steam; should I do something else?
    Thank you very much for helping.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That could be the problem. Here is a guide how to install.