Thread: Events, Incidents and Missions - Help Needed

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Events, Incidents and Missions - Help Needed

Does anyone know how events, incidents or missions work?

I'm trying to make a pop-up appear the first time you recruit each unit. I have got it triggering, except the problem is it triggers at the wrong time.
    I want the event to trigger when you actually RECRUIT the unit, and its in your army. Instead the event is triggering when you BUILD the required military building. Eg you build Military 2 building, and the event will trigger as if you had recruited a Lothern Sea Guard or Archer with Light Armour (High Elf examples).

So does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? Here's an example picture, and the tables I've been editing.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here's the mod. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...253ZERqWF9WZDA

Default Re: Events, Incidents and Missions - Help Needed

This is very interesting also for some mods i'm planning, indirectly thanks Caligula
    I am sorry i am unable to help you as i have never tried this, i hope you can find a solution^^ i just fear that maybe something could be tied to scripting?

So it would seem that the VAR_OBJECTIVE_UNIT entry is based off unlocking the recruitment for the unit rather than recruiting the unit itself? The only way to get around that is to either find a different entry in that table that is based off of actually recruiting the unit or to go through the scripting route (which is obviously much more complicated).

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Maggioriano View Post
    Almost necroposting, but did you solve the issue or made some improvements to it?
    Nup I never got it working myself. I got a few scripters to look at it, and one of them did like 70% of the work to create a script but I haven't really heard back from them in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Nup I never got it working myself. I got a few scripters to look at it, and one of them did like 70% of the work to create a script but I haven't really heard back from them in a while.
    Do you mind if I use your tables (crediting you) for a mod i'm working on? Adding some flavour texts when a building is constructed is what i need actually

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure you just need

db
    cdir_events_incident_options_junctions_tables
    cdir_events_incident_payloads_tables
    incidents_tables

text
    incidents.loc

ui
    campaign ui
    message icons
    eventpics

Using the "Campaign Events Settlement pack" as an example, in the first table you'd probably replace GEN_TARGET_REGION with "CND_BUILDING_LEVEL" or something like that.

Campaign Events Settlement - Works for Attila (custom Lord of the Rings themed message when you captured Constantinople)
    Campaign Events Unit - Doesn't really work, but its for Attila as well (custom Lord of the Rings themed message when you recruit att_rom_limitanei_borderguards as the Western Roman Empire).

To see the entire list of keys/options you can use, use the Assembly Kit to look at cdir_events_options.
    Good luck (by the way, don't credit me. Credit this guy, he came up with it first).

Thank you! I will try and see what happens. Actually a message when you capture a settlement could be useful either, don't know if it will work but could be interesting to try.
    Thanks again for the tips and the ideas!