Thread: Huge Eleutheroi armies in region Bug?

Default Huge Eleutheroi armies in region Bug?

I am playing Sauromatae t27 and have found 9 1/2 stacks of rebels around Olbia just west of the Crimea. This can`t be right. I thought steps had be taken to prevent this phaenominon. Is this a bug ?

Default Re: Huge Eleutheroi armies in region Bug?

well, from what i understand the eb team places rebel armies quite evenly spread out, but the rebel campaign AI likes to group together many armies on the borders of factions (maybe just human?). for example as rome, rebels from many nearby provinces will gather in north italy.

so... it might be something that is out of their (eb team) contol, something which is hard coded.

They know you are comming for them soon so they are mobilizing.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    They know you are comming for them soon so they are mobilizing.
    yeah, it's smart of rebel ai to think that. I like to roleplay that the tribes in the region formed a coalition to e.g. oppose rome, and to plunder. it's not historical, but it's not totally unrealistic.

badass7's Avatar Libertus

They do seem to hoard a lot of the armies together if they can. On about turn 40 in my Auedi campaign, and upon checking out the rest of the map with toggle_fow They have about 5 full stack armies in Sicily. Don't even know how they got there.

Quote Originally Posted by badass7 View Post
    They do seem to hoard a lot of the armies together if they can. On about turn 40 in my Auedi campaign, and upon checking out the rest of the map with toggle_fow They have about 5 full stack armies in Sicily. Don't even know how they got there.
    In my 2.2r campaign as SPQR, most of the rebel armies in Sicily were actually Carthaginian defectors. AI factions lose armies all the time.

I assume you have taken Schythapolis? Didn't you get messages about Skutadi raiding Olbia?

There is a feature that if you take Schytapolis, Olbia will offer tribute. If you accept, you will receive money periodically, but in return you have to take care of the occasional rebel raid force that spawns arounf Olbia.

Of course you can ignore them, but, as you can see, they stack up.

Actually taking Olbia will terminate this feature.

Colo

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    In my 2.2r campaign as SPQR, most of the rebel armies in Sicily were actually Carthaginian defectors. AI factions lose armies all the time.
    This appears to be no different in 2.3. Carthage wasted no time in taking Messana and Syracuse. Rome besieged Syracuse and the sizeable Carthagianian garrison in Lilybaeum set off to break the siege. Promising stuff, except that it immediately turned rebel. Thinking on its feet, Carthage shipped another full stack to the aid of Syracuse, which rebelled the minute it landed.

Which Campaign difficulty are you guys playing? I'm playing H-H as Rome and nothing like this happened so far o.O

Colos

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    yeah, it's smart of rebel ai to think that. I like to roleplay that the tribes in the region formed a coalition to e.g. oppose rome, and to plunder. it's not historical, but it's not totally unrealistic.
    Well a coalition might not be historical, but the Celtic and Germanic desire to plunder Italy certainly isn't. Roman history is basically conquering these guys to stop them pillaging their border regions.