Thread: Animations between mounts

Default Animations between mounts

Thread should be titled "Animations between riders on different mounts", but I didn't notice it until after I posted.

I've got some custom goblin shaman characters that have a spider mount. I was using the wolf_staff_and_sword animation set, which works fine for almost everything. The issue is that when the unit moves, the character "bounces" ahead of the unit, then gets jerked back; a smaller side-effect is that the character is slightly hovering over the mount, instead of being properly seated (this is less of an issue to me, but would still be nice to fix).

I'm trying to see if I can use some of the wolf_staff_and_word animations with the spider_spear_and_shield, or spider_bow_and_sword, but none of the animations that I bring into those .txt files seem to be working. I am adding these entries into the battle animations and the animation culture tables and setting them in the land units. I had thought I'd seen some people do something like this in the past, but I've been unable to find those posts.

If this is not possible, do you think there is a way to add the staff to the spear_and_shield using the variantmesh? This is something I'll need to test when I get home from work, but if someone has any experience with this already any pointers would be helpful.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; October 25, 2017 at 06:47 PM.