Thread: AI Capitol City Selection

Default AI Capitol City Selection

Forgive me if this is hardcoded or not but is there any way to influence how the AI chooses its capitol? While it may be amusing to see the Pharaoh hold court on Cyprus while the Seleukid dynasty retreats to the Zagros mountains because...reasons? It is all a little silly to look at.

Default Re: AI Capitol City Selection

We have no control over this whatsoever.

Not a serious suggestion but if you 'really' wanted to you could exercise some influence by having certain provinces generate the AI loads of extra money and then use a script to take it away again. The AI is loathed to move its capital away from cities making 23,000 gold due to corruption, even if the script means they never see that money.

I messed around with this with DaC and it anchored the AI's capital preferences pretty well at least to a certain area. It's definitely a faf though. No idea how it would replicate here however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    Forgive me if this is hardcoded or not but is there any way to influence how the AI chooses its capitol? While it may be amusing to see the Pharaoh hold court on Cyprus while the Seleukid dynasty retreats to the Zagros mountains because...reasons? It is all a little silly to look at.
    Those wacky Hellenistic kings.

There, I fixed it. :p