Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Default Re: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Interesting,keep moving!

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

@IGdood: That would be great. So long as I wouldn't be violating anything by accessing the files, of course. Thanks for the help!

@againster: Thanks for the encouragement (and for letting me use your work). If you somehow find something here that you think you could use, feel free to send me a message.

So, will there be a new submod this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    @IGdood: That would be great. So long as I wouldn't be violating anything by accessing the files, of course. Thanks for the help!
    So I got in touch with the guy who has that version of Asia Empires; he said he'll be releasing a "final" (and free, unlocked) version of that mod because he's stopped working on it. If he does release it I'll definitely forward that link to you.

Edit: Also more Goryeo Stuff:

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b...o=801848391861
    Last edited by IGdood; February 20, 2019 at 07:38 AM.

Is there any good submods for this Falcom Total War? Also when I play any type of campaign and play several turns I get a ctd. Any ideas on how I can fix that?

@sullivanclan1: This is a work-in-progress submod, but unfortunately, it won't be done anytime soon. I'll probably upload an alpha/beta version once the units are done, though.

There are only two other submods that I know of. The 1518 mod made by falcom4ever himself is kind of self-explanatory. There's also the Kanem mod, but all the links to it are dead. I also know that burrek's European textures and WhiteWolf's Byzantine reskin work if you want to give the vanilla factions a touch-up, but they don't affect gameplay.

I've played a few campaigns (never more than 50 turns though, admittedly) and found that most CTDs kind of went away if you just keep re-opening it or by avoiding manual battles in some settlements. Most of the CTDs are probably from all the scripts, which I don't know how to fix as of now.

@IGdood: Thanks in advance for the link. It's a shame that he isn't working on Asia Empires anymore though, I was looking forward to it.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Would this submod also include a working version of the 004 file for the main mod? All downloads for that seem to be corrupt and can't be opened =(

I don't have a vanilla version of Falcom installed, so I don't think I can help you there, sadly. falcom4ever hasn't been on in a while either. I'll make sure you'll still be able to get mine as a standalone version though.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Sweet that is awesome, do you have an idea of when it might be released? Not expecting it soon but this year?
    Also it won't be script heavy like EB II or Third Age mods will it?

I'll try to get a beta out sometime lateish this year, with at least 10 factions ready to go for custom battles to make sure unit and faction balance is decent. I know absolutely nothing about modding the campaign map, so the campaign won't be happening anytime soon. Hopefully I get a fair bit of help in that department to speed things up.

At least for an initial "official" release, there won't be any major scripts and probably a lot fewer than in vanilla Falcom (which I think is one reason the campaign is prone to crashes). Aside from gunpowder, there's only a few scripts that I really want: religion conversion (so the Mongols can convert from Tengriism to Buddhism or Islam, the Khmers to Buddhism, and Catholics to Protestantism), "military development" events (so when the 15th century comes along, the next tier of blacksmiths is available so you can upgrade your units to wear 15th century armour and 15th century units become recruitable), and re-emergent factions so factions can come back from the dead if there's a rebellion. None of these are a priority aside from the military development scripts, since they're the only one that's related to unit models.

EDIT: I'm going to be quiet on here for the next few weeks because of real life, so don't expect much of anything for some time. Here's a little preview of a WiP potential Dai Viet faction symbol, which I put together because I wanted to take a break from making units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Silver border:

Bronze-ish border:

Black border:

Based off of this, a Ly-era military flag of Dai Viet:
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; February 27, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

@againster: Thanks for the encouragement (and for letting me use your work). If you somehow find something here that you think you could use, feel free to send me a message.
    Here I have a locked version of the mod uploaded: http://www.mediafire.com/file/961jqf...mpires.7z/file

To figure what's what use this as my unit guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ury-Revolution

I wish I had the unlocked version but accidentally deleted it. The creator said he's currently too busy to "publish" the "final, unlocked version for free" at this point in time but I will keep a lookout.

Whats the difference between locked and unlocked version?

@IGdood: Thanks again for the link, I'm going to be taking a lot of stuff from there for sure.

@sullivanclan1: Usually the locked versions of mods have more content (like a campaign), but you need to pay money to be able to play them. The unlocked versions are kind of like a free trial.

@IGdood: Thanks again for the link, I'm going to be taking a lot of stuff from there for sure.

@sullivanclan1: Usually the locked versions of mods have more content (like a campaign), but you need to pay money to be able to play them. The unlocked versions are kind of like a free trial.

I think after you pick what units you want to port over then let me know and I will do the pinyin names for you

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I think after you pick what units you want to port over then let me know and I will do the pinyin names for you
    It'll be a while before I get everything I want to port over sorted out (the Shaoding models are very tall and some of the joints need to be reassigned), but I'll get back to you on that.

Here's a small preview of the new 15th century professional German missile units. I wanted to further distinguish them from their melee counterparts (the only difference before being the way they wore their helmets), so I decided to give them brigandine instead of a breastplate. The melee units will remain unchanged.
    EDIT: I had some spare time this weekend, so I made a Japanese unit: the Ōban. It's not 100% finished, and I'm planning on also giving them nodachi.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; March 11, 2019 at 04:15 PM.

Just a small update. To keep things interesting, not all faction bodyguards will be heavy shock cavalry. The Mongols and Japanese will have mounted archers for their bodyguard. The Mongol bodyguard is tougher and is stronger on the charge while the Japanese bodyguard is more nimble and has better prolonged melee stats.

General's Horoshu (Japan):
    General's Kheshig (Mongols):

Those Japanese units look pretty damn amazing.

Didn't realize how long it's been, my bad. Here's a small Hungarian preview:

Clipeati:

Huszars (shared with Poland)

Expect to see some more bare forearms of the more lightly equipped, but still professional/elite units. I think I'm better at making wrists.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; April 14, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

France is nearly finished. France has solid heavy infantry and foot skirmishers, but they truly excel with their knights, who are matched only by the Polish Winged Hussars. On the other hand, they lack light infantry, light cavalry, and javelinmen (which will make dealing with elephants a pain). Here's a preview of their roster:
    Town Watchmen
    Serjeant Spearmen
    Voulgiers
    Foot Men-at-Arms
    Armoured Pikemen
    Hommes d'armes (unique unit)
    Banneret Knights
    Coming soon!
    Levied Hunters
    Urban Militia
    Serjeant Archers

​
    Francs-Archers (unique unit)
    Pavise Crossbowmen

Aventuriers (unique unit)
    Coming soon!
    Garde Ecossaise (unique unit)
    Coming soon!
    Hand Gunners
    Matchlock Arquebusiers
    Men-at-Arms
    Coutiliers (unique unit)
    Chevaliers (unique unit)
    Gens d'armes
    Coming soon!
    Bande d'ordonnance (unique unit)
    Coming soon!
    Mounted Archers (shared with England)
    Cranequiniers
    Artillery Crew
    France's artillery selection will consist of ballistae, catapults, trebuchets, bombards, mortars, ribaults, culverins, and basilisks.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; April 21, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

Okay , what about French peasants?