Thread: How to copy the largest texture and shrink it for smaller?

Default How to copy the largest texture and shrink it for smaller?

I decided to try my hand at learning how to skin, and while I only know how to use hue and saturate right now, I'm planning on trying to recolor some of the factions really needing it (France at the moment).

Right now I'm working on the Moors though, more for testing than for production. However I've reached a snag that I need help with.

What I need help with is knowing if there is a specific resolution for each of the gradually smaller and smaller sets of textures. As well, if a newbie to photoshop can be told how to take that largest edited 'block' of textures and shrink it, I'd appreciate that help too (I will find out myself, but it'll be easier if I know how rather than having to find it myself. )

An additional question that you may or may not answer is: I'm trying to learn how to saturate/hue only a small section of the texture, but this can be hard when it's an irregular shape wedged in between two other colored sections (Such as a belt and metal). As the magic wand can be somewhat inaccurate, I tend to use the magnetic lasso to get a rough design of what I am hoping to saturate/color. Is there a more efficient way?

Thanks guys. If I can figure out how to shrink the original edits, I'll be planning on releasing some rough recolorings of the Vanilla units.
    :original:

Edit: Problem's solved. Mods can lock if wished.
    Last edited by Ahiga; December 31, 2006 at 04:23 AM.