Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas Flood Victims Forced to Submit to israel to Receive Hurricane Relief

Indefinitely Banned

Default Texas Flood Victims Forced to Submit to israel to Receive Hurricane Relief

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.79b17fdd4d73
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41688999

In order to virtue-signal to jews about how subservient to israel they could be, the country had adopted their own state versions of that Anti-israel-boycott law i made a thread about a few months ago. In that old thread i warned that even more worrying than the actual content of the law was the subversive effect it showed israel had on our government. unsurprisingly, my stance is justified by this absolute embarrassment coming out of Texas. I am familiar with the area and have been "lucky" enough to visit Dickinson both before and after Hurricane Harvey. It was a bit of a dump and full of poors, but after the hurricane it literally looked like a dump. pretty much everyone lost everything and the streets were covered in piles of drywall and molding carpet people had to rip out of their houses. Now if they want their own tax dollars to support them, they have to swear not to hurt israel's feelings. But dont you dare mention the group that is behind these sorts of laws, oh lord no.

like there is "supporting israel" (as pathetic and traitorous as that is) but jesus these retards took it to a new level. literally "israel-first" like ben shapiro and the neocons want us to be. im sure they are glad their brainwashing campaign has clearly been effective.

At this point I don't think anyone can deny that like Borat's Kazakhstan, in my country there is problem.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 21, 2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Disruptive/irrelevant part deleted.

Default Re: Texas Flood Victims Forced to Submit to israel to Receive Hurricane Relief

Well it's very confusing what do they mean that to receive federal aid you must support Israel.
    Isn't support suposed to be out of goodwill and voluntary?

It can be seen that some higher ups are getting dry on voluntary supporters and now try to pay people to be "supporters" to not have low numbers.
    Either way it's odd
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: Texas Flood Victims Forced to Submit to israel to Receive Hurricane Relief

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Well it's very confusing what do they mean that to receive federal aid you must support Israel.
    Isn't support suposed to be out of goodwill and voluntary?

It can be seen that some higher ups are getting dry on voluntary supporters and now try to pay people to be "supporters" to not have low numbers.
    Either way it's odd
    There are as many ww2 profiting German higher ups as there are Jewish ones, Japanese, or Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Caduet View Post
    Now if they want their own tax dollars to support them, they have to swear not to hurt israel's feelings.
    It's not tax dollars, it's donations.

WHEREAS, the City has received funds from various individuals, businesses, and other organizations (“Donations”) to assist its citizens with rebuilding after the devastating effects of Hurricane
    Harvey; and

WHEREAS, many of the owners of homes and businesses flooded during Hurricane Harvey do
    not have flood insurance to mitigate the flooding damage that occurred during Hurricane Harvey; and

WHEREAS, rebuilding homes and businesses will benefit the community by maintaining
    property values and sales tax revenues; and

WHEREAS, expeditiously rebuilding homes and businesses damaged by flooding during
    Hurricane Harvey will also benefit the City by encouraging the retention of its residents and businesses;
    and

WHEREAS, the City Council of the City of Dickinson, Texas finds that is of benefit to the City
    as a whole to assist in timely rebuilding efforts through use of a grant program funded by Donations; and

NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the terms and conditions set forth herein, including and
    incorporating the above Recitals, the Parties agree as follows...
    http://www.ci.dickinson.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/2016

I suspect the stipulation may have something to do with who donated the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    There are as many ww2 profiting German higher ups as there are Jewish ones, Japanese, or Russian.
    Or British and American. That's not the issue. This just seems unusually desperate. Comes off an un-Israel like, they always got enough voluntary support since post WWII. While they are not comitting a crime with this, it shows some fragility in their ranks.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Nobody could make this stick for any civilian and no American government structure has no interest in speaking against Israel anyway.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

As long as Jews in Europe agitate for open borders and divisive and hostility creating multiculturalism, I think we should all agitate for open borders for Israel - and allow anyone to boycott them at their own leisure.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistDane View Post
    As long as Jews in Europe agitate for open borders and divisive and hostility creating multiculturalism, I think we should all agitate for open borders for Israel - and allow anyone to boycott them at their own leisure.
    Jews can agitate as much as they want. Rest assured that they don't have more influence than green pedophiles or pseudo-conservative Nazis.
    Everyone can ing lobby and agitate as long as it is with the rights. I don't see Israel agitating in a suspicious way anywhere. Neither in Europe nor in the Middle East

That's some little suburb north of Houston. That's not city, state, or government money. So what? There are countless other charities here in Texas that require you to attend their churches as well. While you are complaining about something as trivial as this, academia and many liberals across the country believe that FEMA aid should be rejected to Texans due to our politics. In fact, they hate Texas so bad that they'll use any tragedy as an excuse to go on a xenophobic tirade against us while we struggle. To me that is more disgusting than this kind of stuff. Or on the flip side of that, Trump's pissing contest about Puerto Rico as they continue to struggle with recovery. Trump's inaction over the Californian wildfires is reprehensible as well, the state clearly didn't have the resources available to contain the threat.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; October 20, 2017 at 07:45 PM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

But dont you dare mention the group that is behind these sorts of laws, oh lord no.
    Don't blame "the Jews", blame conservative Americans, most of whom are Christians. This is their pet project.

And if it is true that the money comes from private donations, they have every moral right to make sure it isn't used against their own interests. If I were, let's say, a wealthy Jew who donated to charity, I wouldn't want my money to be used in campaigns against Israel, either.
    Of course, tax dollars are an entirely different thing. They should be tied to objective interests of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistDane View Post
    Naturally Jews in Europe are pro open borders because it encourages Muslim immigration. You see, Jews just happen to feel much safer with more Muslims around, especially poorly integrated Muslims. Obviously, the children and grand children of the 130,000 Jews who fled to France from Algeria, want nothing more than to make France just like Algeria, and of course Israel is on board as well, a greater number of Muslim constituents influencing European nations' foreign policy can only be a good thing for Israel.

But what does all that have to do with how non-Jews in a small town in the US are distributing donations? Is it because Jews are unanimous around the world in being pro open borders, especially if it encourages Muslim immigration? Or is it that the people who protest Israel in the US, like various far left groups and pro-Palestinian organizations want to stop Muslim immigration to Europe, so they're completely on your side?

I get the feeling that you haven't really thought through the implications of what you've assumed about the monolithic Jewish agenda.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    It's not tax dollars, it's donations.

http://www.ci.dickinson.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/2016

I suspect the stipulation may have something to do with who donated the money.
    the City government that is managing the distribution of this money isn't run by donations. the city government, which is funded by tax dollars, has been subverted by the israel-firsters (aka shabbos goyim) i hate more than anyone. if the people of Dickinson want the government to which they pay taxes to support them then they have to bend the knee to America's most dangerous enemy. thats whack yo, even governments as insignificant as dickinson's have been overrun by traitors loyal only to a foreign terrorist state.

For all the people saying the israel pledge is possibly a donation stipulation included by some evil jew to bully desperate people into supporting israel, it turns out you are wrong: the city is just following the cucked state Anti-BDS law like i stated in the OP. instead of just piggybacking off sumskilz posts, do your own research kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    That's some little suburb north of Houston. That's not city, state, or government money. So what? There are countless other charities here in Texas that require you to attend their churches as well. While you are complaining about something as trivial as this, academia and many liberals across the country believe that FEMA aid should be rejected to Texans due to our politics. In fact, they hate Texas so bad that they'll use any tragedy as an excuse to go on a xenophobic tirade against us while we struggle. To me that is more disgusting than this kind of stuff. Or on the flip side of that, Trump's pissing contest about Puerto Rico as they continue to struggle with recovery. Trump's inaction over the Californian wildfires is reprehensible as well, the state clearly didn't have the resources available to contain the threat.
    if those churches are forcing people to swear loyalty to a foreign terrorist state then they would be a problem too. if those academicians and liberals on twitter saying FEMA aid should be rejected had more than a 0% chance of their whining amounting to something then they would also be a problem (coincidentally, the left and academia are two institutions with a massive over-representation of jews). Your whataboutism amounts to nothing anyway. Those are hypothetical effects that may occur, this is something that has already happened.

Once again, the real problem isn't so much the pledge, but the fact that israel's vice-grip on this country's nuts is so tight that even podunk local officials blatantly serve israel's interest before their own countrymen. we are slaves to a country that needs "liberating" more than iraq or libya or vietnam ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Don't blame "the Jews", blame conservative Americans, most of whom are Christians. This is their pet project.
    no i think i will blame the people who corrupted both American Christianity and American conservatism into the embarrassing philo-semitic clown-shows they are today. Turning Evangelicals and Republicans into traitor cuckservatives was a israeli pet-project.
    Of course, tax dollars are an entirely different thing. They should be tied to objective interests of the state.
    America is so subverted at every level this doesn't even make a difference. jews or their agents will make the case that forcing people to swear fealty to a foreign state is an objective interest of our government. and retards will eat it up.
    Last edited by Caduet; October 21, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

For all the people saying the israel pledge is possibly a donation stipulation included by some evil jew to bully desperate people into supporting israel, it turns out you are wrong: the city is just following the cucked state Anti-BDS law like i stated in the OP.
    Okay, so that's what someone from the city claimed, and yet:

The law is limited in scope to companies, however – and the city has not explained why it would apply to all applicants for grants, which are open to people rebuilding both homes and businesses.

And, King adds, the law is aimed at preventing taxpayer money from going to companies boycotting Israel. But Dickinson's hurricane relief grant fund is made up of donations. "Those are not taxpayer dollars so they have nothing to do with the anti-BDS legislation," he says.

"It's not uncommon when you've got brand-new legislation, particularly substantive legislation, for it to be misinterpreted or for there to be some confusion," King says. "And I think that's all that's going on here. I think it's just a simple misunderstanding by the city."

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    From the link in the opening post:
    Texas city requires Israel pledge for hurricane relief
    A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel.
    The city of Dickinson, about 30 miles (48km) south of Houston, posted grant applications for anyone seeking money for repairs after the category 4 storm.
    Local officials say the pro-Israel clause is required under a Texas state law enacted earlier this year.
    The application has drawn a strong rebuke from free-speech activists.
    In the four-page, recovery aid application posted on the city's website, a section reads: "By executing this Agreement below, the Applicant verifies that the Applicant: (1) does not boycott Israel; and (2) will not boycott Israel during the term of this Agreement."
    The provision stems from a law barring the state from entering a contract with any business unless it "does not boycott Israel".
    Boycotting Israel includes any action intended to "to penalise, inflict economic harm on, or limit commercial relations specifically with Israel", according to the law.
    The law, known as the Anti-BDS (Boycott, Divestments, and Sanctions) bill, was signed by Republican Governor Greg Abbott in May.
    "Anti-Israel policies are anti-Texas policies, and we will not tolerate such actions against an important ally," the governor said in a statement earlier this year.
    The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) criticised the city for the requirement, saying it was "an egregious violation" of free speech rights under the First Amendment.
    "The First Amendment protects Americans' right to boycott, and the government cannot condition hurricane relief or any other public benefit on a commitment to refrain from protected political expression," said Andre Segura, the legal director of ACLU's Texas chapter.
    Texas is not the only state to require this provision. The ACLU is suing on behalf of a public school teacher in Kansas over a similar anti-BDS law.
    Hurricane Harvey made landfall on 25 August and was the first in a series of hurricanes to hit the Gulf of Mexico region.
    The storm has been blamed for 47 deaths and Governor Abbott has warned that clean-up efforts could cost up to $180bn (£136bn).
    It's a city alright, however small it is. The city of Dickinson. The issue here is that this is done by a government agent. What some random private charity demands is their problem of morality.
    The Armenian Issue

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

What does being the government have to do with why this is wrong? This is not involving religion or the establishment of religion. This is about a state law that wants to protect a big trade relationship between Texas and Israel. This is not the only city to have tied this state law to state funds targeting hurricane relief. Despite the ACLU dislike of this law, this is not a civil liberties issue. Governments that wish to retain governmental relationships are not violating any freedom by tying the relief to an anti boycott pledge.

http://www.khou.com/news/city-of-dic...rael/484953277

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    What does being the government have to do with why this is wrong? This is not involving religion or the establishment of religion. This is about a state law that wants to protect a big trade relationship between Texas and Israel. This is not the only city to have tied this state law to state funds targeting hurricane relief. Despite the ACLU dislike of this law, this is not a civil liberties issue. Governments that wish to retain governmental relationships are not violating any freedom by tying the relief to an anti boycott pledge.

http://www.khou.com/news/city-of-dic...rael/484953277
    Nobody said it's about religion. It's about free speech, and boycotting is part of that. The government may choose to keep friendly relationship with any other government. That doesn't mean it has the right to dictate its citizens do the same.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Nobody said it's about religion. It's about free speech, and boycotting is part of that. The government may choose to keep friendly relationship with any other government. That doesn't mean it has the right to dictate its citizens do the same.
    It is not about free speech. You are still free to boycott all you want. Just do not boycott against state interests with one hand and expect the state to offer you help in the other hand. Now maybe the law will be shot down in the courts (or maybe not -- remember the tax that was not a tax in ACA). But to focus on a little town that is simply following state law is not the way to do this. Pick on the state government if this is important to you. The Boycott Israel is also a bit anti speech since you are organizing a boycott against individual private firms for policies of the government. There seems to be an ironic twist to this bit of news.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    It is not about free speech. You are still free to boycott all you want. Just do not boycott against state interests with one hand and expect the state to offer you help in the other hand. Now maybe the law will be shot down in the courts (or maybe not -- remember the tax that was not a tax in ACA). But to focus on a little town that is simply following state law is not the way to do this. Pick on the state government if this is important to you. The Boycott Israel is also a bit anti speech since you are organizing a boycott against individual private firms for policies of the government. There seems to be an ironic twist to this bit of news.
    It is against free speech. It's practically extortion. You're not free to boycott all you want if you want to get much needed state funding for the consequences of a natural disaster. You're just trying to put lipstick on a pig... States' primary interest is it's citizen's interests and the citizen's interests are primarily protected by the Constitution. Those come first... It's not really up to you to decide or scold people on how they can approach an issue... It's not really ironic at all to boycott any entity and call out to people to join you since it doesn't attack speech or expression in any way. That's just an inane argument devoid of any logic and reason.
    The Armenian Issue

This is not taxpayer money, these are private donations that the state is dispensing. If the persons who donated the money made recipients not boycotting Israel a stipulation, I see no problem. But them basing their actions on a Texas law that prevents contractors who boycott Israel from receiving contracts doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    It is against free speech. It's practically extortion. You're not free to boycott all you want if you want to get much needed state funding for the consequences of a natural disaster. You're just trying to put lipstick on a pig... States' primary interest is it's citizen's interests and the citizen's interests are primarily protected by the Constitution. Those come first... It's not really up to you to decide or scold people on how they can approach an issue... It's not really ironic at all to boycott any entity and call out to people to join you since it doesn't attack speech or expression in any way. That's just an inane argument devoid of any logic and reason.
    I am not scolding anybody. I do think it humorous that the article picks on the smallest town they could find and blame them for what is really a state law. Dickinson is not the only town in Texas.

I also find it humorous that the Boycott Israel is really attempting to punish individuals and corporations within Israel and not the state of Israel. The generic denial of speech seems to be a one way street in this respect.

Yes, I understand your point about the denial of state funds to state residents unless they agree to not boycott Israel... So then complain about the state law and not about a small town following state law. Or is just more fun to pick on the little guy?

So do you understand my points? I am not asking you to agree, just acknowledge whether you understand.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast