Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

how to uninstall EBII?
    Simple.
    1. Get a baseball bat.
    2. Hit your PC as hard as you can until it's ruined.
    3. Hit yourself as hard as you can, because it was a stupid thing to do.

Seriously, don't uninstall EB2

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    I was trying to launch launch .bat as administrator and it wasn't working.
    I then successfully launched the game from EB_Launcher .exe and it worked.
    I eventually tried to launch launch .bat not as admin and it worked.

Also, the game requires Steam to be running in order to run?
    Also, I'm curious how to uninstall EBII.
    Im glad you were successful.
    Yes
    Looking for a way to uninstall it already? oO. I havent tried it, but it should be usual procedure as any other application.

I uninstalled the typical windows way rather than chance running the wrong file.
    Reinstalled for the start menu stuff and found that it was the EB_Launcher .exe.
    The installation instructions are a bit more clear now.

It does necessitate Steam running in order to run, which is slightly annoying.

I am extremely excited to play this, though.
    I'm very grateful for the EB team and modders in general for their efforts.
    I'm very disappointed in CA and SEGA's direction, but while i wait for them to come back to their senses, this will be my grand strategy fix: despite any difficulty.
    I definitely appreciate the attention to historical accuracy as well as moving towards a more in depth management style.

So, I'm on windows 10 and using steam.

Do i need to launch from launch .bat just once? or hereafter?

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    i saw settlement models called egyptian huge city https://imgur.com/a/938BU and when i played as egypt i couldn't fount it is it available anymore ?
    That's the settlement model we borrowed "as-is" from the De Bello Mundi mod just prior to the first release. At the time it was a nice feature, but since then our settlement modelers completely upgraded every level of all the other "East Greek" settlement models, eliminating all the "open spaces" and filling them with gorgeous building models, while also resolving a LOT of pathfinding and other problems with the original DBM models. Their priority was to improve settlements usable by multiple factions, and they were very successful, although we lose the "egypt-ness" of that prolemaic city (which was only one level, anyway). Those guys did a fantastic job but have either moved on to other things or just moved on, so don't expect to see that come back anytime soon (we aren't going to plug in a model that looks "kinda cool" when it's buggy and inferior to the ones we already have).

I did pick up Milkshape and have been playing around with adding a village level mod for the ptolemies (subbing in some of the Egyptian buildings from the huge city), as a first step before creating additional levels, but it is NOT easy (I am not a 3D modeler by trade or avocation), and I had to put it aside for more pressing concerns (right now it's about #396 on my to-do list)
    EBII Council

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Got a crash after the seleucid siege of ephesos on turn 2. Got a crash last week after the winning a field battle with carthage so i unistalled and reinstalled 2.3 again. Never had a single crash in the older versions.eb.system.log.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post

I did pick up Milkshape and have been playing around with adding a village level mod for the ptolemies (subbing in some of the Egyptian buildings from the huge city), as a first step before creating additional levels, but it is NOT easy (I am not a 3D modeler by trade or avocation), and I had to put it aside for more pressing concerns (right now it's about #396 on my to-do list)
    thanks kull for clarifying that, so are you going to implement these new buildings models with the next patch ?

EB II 2.3 H/H 1000 turns...
    Horde star = Saka
    Bulgaria gap = Getai spawning but being destroyed soon after.
    Rhodos = KH

Invited Pritanoi over to fight Haedui.
    Played off both sides then mopped up.
    Rome had Central Europe spurt and had to be pruned back with sacking in Italy.
    Currently throwing everything at Pritanoi in Britain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1000.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MrKhazar View Post
    How do you fix the biography window going upwards above the screen issue, making it impossible to read the first half of it? Playing on 1366x768.
    Just to clarify (this is an old question), but all the biographies and traits were reviewed and edited (where necessary) to ensure they all fit on screen. Some of them are still very long, so if you see one "above the screen", use the slider to move the biography trait to the top of the "trait stack" and then position the cursor at the top of the biography trait itself. Not all need this treatment, but using this trick you should be able to read them all.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by JJ McGuire View Post
    - The Allied state government just has "PLACEHOLDER" for it's short description that comes up in the construction report. Depite having a full description elswhere.
    Fixed
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    - in regions without incense or amber, what are caravan routes good for, other than to sink excess money into them? For factions which can build markets simultaneously in the same settlement, they seem a bit pointless. Or do they give unique traits and ancillaries that make up for this?
    That was a coding mistake - only L3 should have the frankincense/amber requirement. That is now fixed in the dev build.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Hordes always gain huge amounts of cash. I thought that was known....
    Not any more. Fixed in the dev build.
    EBII Council

All the recruitment in the "eastern" provinces, running from Syria to Afghanistan, are now rewritten. The western steppe is next, though we're missing about half the units that are supposed to be there, so the differences may not be so apparent.

The EDB was under 800KB when I first started tinkering with it; it's now 5.7MB.

5.7 MB of plain text. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That was a coding mistake - only L3 should have the frankincense/amber requirement. That is now fixed in the dev build.
    Sorry, while that may have been a problem, I was mostly ignorant of it. The point I was actually making was that at least the first two levels didn't generate any profits or do anything else, except letting you train agents. I was wondering whether that was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    5.7 MB of plain text. WTF.
    Over 40,000 lines of text.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Sorry, while that may have been a problem, I was mostly ignorant of it. The point I was actually making was that at least the first two levels didn't generate any profits or do anything else, except letting you train agents. I was wondering whether that was intentional.
    They're interlinked; the capabilities were generally borked.

Dear developers of fashion, i would like to take from you permission to use models of barbaric settlements strategic map and their tactical plan, for his mod.
    http://imtw.ru/topic/46948-disciples-total-war/

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Dear developers of fashion, i would like to take from you permission to use models of barbaric settlements strategic map and their tactical plan, for his mod.
    http://imtw.ru/topic/46948-disciples-total-war/
    I've asked the team.

I think this is a bug: the Pontos Satrapy is giving me doubled recruitment for Machairophoroi and Thuerophoroi in Nikaia and Sinope. It's particularly egregious in Sinope, where my recruitment pool (with the Polis) is now up to 5-6 Thureophoroi! I suspect an overlap of hidden_resource zones?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I've asked the team.
    Models will be used for the factions of barbarians and greenskins + lizard-people. We wanted to initially take from RTW, but there is a bad quality and models are broken into parts. (walls + settlement)
    We will be very grateful.)