Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Excuse-me, what is the culture of Damascus ? I think this settlement is made from a Maya city, because I get only a Maya settlement instead of a greek one. I don't manage to convert it :/

Probably not the first person to discover this but I involuntarily found a flaw which allowed me to conquer two settlements without assieging the city. Playing with the Sweboz and up north the two rebel settlements are fully garrisoned with a couple of units just hanging right next to their settlements as they can't get in.
    I tried to siege the settlement and when Eleutheroi's turn arrive, they attack me with the single unit which is outside of the city. So it's my army against this single unit and the settlement's garrison. Problem is, I launch the battle and find myself facing only this single unit as the ennemy saw his "reinforcement delayed". So ofc I easily win the battle, thinking I will now have to deal with the settlements but no... game tells me I conquered the settlement and that ennemy units have fled. Probably the game considered that the garrison army was part of the battle but couldn't show due to graphic limitation I guess (if that's what the "reinforcements delayed" notification means).
    Same thing with the Scandinavian settlement, fully garrisoned, 3 units standing in the red tiles nearby. Tried to do it differently to avoid the exploit, tried to attack the standing units first, same result, the garrisoned army is involved but "delayed" on battle map and settlement is then conquered with just the killing of 3 units.

Are these "reinforcements delayed" event due to hardcoded game limitations? Or just my computer's hardware limitations?
    Because if it's the first option, maybe you could look into it so it does not happen every time. It would not happen if the settlements were not fully garrisoned or if these particular rebels were more active, moving their units so they don't stand on the red tiles for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Excuse-me, what is the culture of Damascus ? I think this settlement is made from a Maya city, because I get only a Maya settlement instead of a greek one. I don't manage to convert it :/
    It's Eastern Greek.

Are you using a Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien7Carter View Post
    Probably not the first person to discover this but I involuntarily found a flaw which allowed me to conquer two settlements without assieging the city. Playing with the Sweboz and up north the two rebel settlements are fully garrisoned with a couple of units just hanging right next to their settlements as they can't get in.
    I tried to siege the settlement and when Eleutheroi's turn arrive, they attack me with the single unit which is outside of the city. So it's my army against this single unit and the settlement's garrison. Problem is, I launch the battle and find myself facing only this single unit as the ennemy saw his "reinforcement delayed". So ofc I easily win the battle, thinking I will now have to deal with the settlements but no... game tells me I conquered the settlement and that ennemy units have fled. Probably the game considered that the garrison army was part of the battle but couldn't show due to graphic limitation I guess (if that's what the "reinforcements delayed" notification means).
    Same thing with the Scandinavian settlement, fully garrisoned, 3 units standing in the red tiles nearby. Tried to do it differently to avoid the exploit, tried to attack the standing units first, same result, the garrisoned army is involved but "delayed" on battle map and settlement is then conquered with just the killing of 3 units.

Are these "reinforcements delayed" event due to hardcoded game limitations? Or just my computer's hardware limitations?
    Because if it's the first option, maybe you could look into it so it does not happen every time. It would not happen if the settlements were not fully garrisoned or if these particular rebels were more active, moving their units so they don't stand on the red tiles for example.
    Do you have unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1 in your config? I'm pretty certain this only happens when you've got it set to 0, so it caps the number of units at whatever the game thinks your machine can handle.

Yes I'm using a Mac, I'm trying to fix the settlements issue for Mac users using the East of Rome Settlements (which are originally the EBII I think). It's working for some culture settlements, I think I can make a fix for this

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you have unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1 in your config? I'm pretty certain this only happens when you've got it set to 0, so it caps the number of units at whatever the game thinks your machine can handle.
    I've had the same issue as described above in the past. I found my EB2 config set at 1 but the M2TW config set at 0, so I changed that. Thanks

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I just want to congratulate the EB II team on releasing v. 2.3. Bravo!

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    I've had the same issue as described above in the past. I found my EB2 config set at 1 but the M2TW config set at 0, so I changed that. Thanks
    Ya you do that, anyways speaking of numbers. Yesterday I fought in Britain against rebels. My 4k swebos boys against theirs 5,5k - a hell of a battle. Obviously, I couldn't use double speed so it took me like 20 minutes to win that fight (with huge looses on both sides). Best version ever. 250 turns, still no crash or anythingl

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Ahh, I have the opposite problem where I have only changed the M2TW
    one, but not the EB2. Any idea where my EB2 preferences might be hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius The Great View Post
    Ahh, I have the opposite problem where I have only changed the M2TW
    one, but not the EB2. Any idea where my EB2 preferences might be hiding?
    mods\ebii\EBII.cfg

Hello !
    Could you please tell me what are the correspondence Cul_1 etc with cultures and factions ? That would really help Mac users for the settlements !
    cul_1 = ?
    cul_2 = ?
    cul_3 = ?
    cul_4 = ?
    cul_5 = barbarians
    cul_6 = ?
    cul_7 = ?
    If I can get this correspondance I think I will be able to make a settlements fix for the Mac users, that would be really great !
    Indeed, it would be really great! Good luck with that, let us know how it is going. If you need any help!

Thanks for the reply. Only thing is I am using a Mac, which means I am not able to open cfg files unfortunately... Maybe AERYS LE GRAND could help me with this?

Never mind the previous reply, sorry. I think I found a way to open and edit cfg files on my mac. So the ebII.cfg has the unlimited_men_on_battlefield set to 1. But considering the other comments on the subject it may be my M2TW config file that needs ot be changed, but I can't find it... I'm using the Steam version btw.

Should be in \[M2TW]\medieval2.preferences.cfg

Yes I tried to search for a medieval2.preferences.cfg but can't find it. Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm using the steam and mac version... Files are probably in a different place.

Hello Damien !
    The CFG file is in Feral Interactive/Medieval II Total War/VFS/Local/preferences (you need to make all the files visible in Finder https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...r-mac-3520878/)
    To open it, just rename it to medieval2.preference.txt
    Then you can modify what you want like set unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    (I give you a little advice for graphics : here you can also set unit_detail = highest, that will disable the 2D sprite for units. That is way more beautiful but that may hit a little your performance, but it's running perfectly on my MacBook Air)
    Save
    Quit and then rename it to medieval2.preference.cfg (if you don't do this your modifications will be lost and the game will create a new .cfg file so don't forget to rename it !)

I'm working on the settlements but it's quite hard to understand anything in this. That will surely take some time

Hope that will help you !

PS : sorry for my bad English, I'm French and I'm a total in foreign languages
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; October 30, 2017 at 09:48 AM.

Ok so what's happened to my client ruler!?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snow prince.jpg  

PS : sorry for my bad English, I'm French and I'm a total in foreign languages
    Pas de problème compatriote ! (je repasse en Anglais au cas où, d'autres pourraient être intéressés par cette solution)

I managed to find and open the file without renaming it, Textedit can open cfg files actually, and I think you can even modify and save keeping the same format.
    Thanks for the reply and for the advice, I'll try to set unit detail to the highest.
    By the way, modifying the config file is saved-game compatible right? Or do you have to start over my campaign after I modify the cfg file?

Hopefully you will manage to make the settlements work, that's the only thing missing for us in this wonderful mod !

Config modification is entirely independent of any save, so should be savegame compatible.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    Ok so what's happened to my client ruler!?!
    Someone put in some more... "flavourful" ethnicity traits as placeholders and forgot to edit them in time. I believe this has been fixed for 2.3a.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Someone put in some more... "flavourful" ethnicity traits as placeholders and forgot to edit them in time. I believe this has been fixed for 2.3a.
    Intriguing....and here I was thinking he was some long lost member of House Harkonnen!