Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

250 turns of Carnyx parping and Iberian butt-trumpetry...

Nah, not really.
    I got gustave's submod after I had gotten to 147 turns...and realised I had tinnitus

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carnyx.jpg  

Hopefully that peaceful co-existence between Selekids and Taksashila will be a thing of the past in the next version; they don't start out allied any more. Which might encourage others to have a go at the Seleukids rather than risk the wrath of their network of alliances.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    250 turns of Carnyx parping and Iberian butt-trumpetry...

Nah, not really.
    I got gustave's submod after I had gotten to 147 turns...and realised I had tinnitus

Glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it
    It's not just him! Your submod is fantastic. The sounds are still loud but theyre a lot more localized to the units, as opposed to drowning out everything else on the battleground

Takashila, what are you doing at Balkhash? And KB bumped west one by Hayastan. Some interesting border changes here.

The Lusotanae have been wipped out in my campaign. However, they do re appear periodically only to be destroyed again a few turns later. In one of those re-appearances, Takashila has declared war on them. Weird.

Congratulations on v.2.3 release!
    It's definitely the best history-based mod for MTWII.
    I'm testing v.2.3 and have some questions.

1) I found awesome picture of Aedui nobles (argoi) at their description card. But on the battle map it turned out they use just the same battle model as Arvermoi's argoi (it's depicted at Arvernoi argoi's description card and looks like retainers (nedes nesamoi) of that both factions). Will it be fixed? Do Aedui have a unit using battle model like that depicted at their argoi description card? Do Arvernoi have such a unit?

2) Is there in general any differences between Aedui and Arverni besides their faction names, government names and starting locations? Are those differences planned in the future releases?

3) That great that Saka got cataphracts, but they look very strange without their typical high helmets. Also as elites they are usually considered to wear golden ornamentations (e.g. armour found in Issyk Kul burial mound). Will it be fixed in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    1) I found awesome picture of Aedui nobles (argoi) at their description card. But on the battle map it turned out they use just the same battle model as Arvermoi's argoi (it's depicted at Arvernoi argoi's description card and looks like retainers (nedes nesamoi) of that both factions). Will it be fixed? Do Aedui have a unit using battle model like that depicted at their argoi description card? Do Arvernoi have such a unit?
    I'm not a team member, but keep in mind that these units receive upgrades that change their appearance on the battlefield, including the helmets (AFAIK Argoi get the most awesome-looking ones after the second reform). Also, Argoi are a generic unit that is shared between all factions controlling Celtic core regions (currently employing some as the Sweboz), as long as you build the appropriate government (top tier factional governments for Gauls, allied oligarchies for the rest). So they should look the same between factions.

2) Is there in general any differences between Aedui and Arverni besides their faction names, government names and starting locations? Are those differences planned in the future releases?
    AFAIK their political systems are different.

3) That great that Saka got cataphracts, but they look very strange without their typical high helmets. Also as elites they are usually considered to wear golden ornamentations (e.g. armour found in Issyk Kul burial mound). Will it be fixed in the future?
    It might be that some of the ornamentations are just for ceremonial purposes and weren't used in battle. Kind of like the spiffy battle masks that Samurai and Late Roman elite cavalry had, where we (as far as I'm aware) don't really have hard evidence for combat use. Personally, I suspect the antler decorations belong in that category as well, but I haven't researched the matter to any meaningful degree.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

135 turns, Swebos, H/M

Loving the new release guys! Just a quick question, got level 4 farms in all 4 settlements as Parthia, but so far nothing seems to have changed after a few turns. Is there anything I'm missing? The culture hasn't changed. The thing I think I might be missing is the Rhagae settlement? Does it have a different name because I can't find it haha! I have Medea Rhaegana (which is now Arsakia) I presume that's the right place.

Thanks again for the quality mod

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I'm not a team member, but keep in mind that these units receive upgrades that change their appearance on the battlefield, including the helmets (AFAIK Argoi get the most awesome-looking ones after the second reform).
    Really? I didn't know. That gives a hope.
    Also, Argoi are a generic unit that is shared between all factions controlling Celtic core regions (currently employing some as the Sweboz), as long as you build the appropriate government (top tier factional governments for Gauls, allied oligarchies for the rest). So they should look the same between factions.
    If so, why do they look different at their description pictures for Aedui and Arvernoi?
    AFAIK their political systems are different.
    Historically Arverni are said to lean toward some kind of monarchy, while Aedui apparently stuck to oligarchy. But in the mod I didn't notice any difference between their governments except their names.
    It might be that some of the ornamentations are just for ceremonial purposes and weren't used in battle. Kind of like the spiffy battle masks that Samurai and Late Roman elite cavalry had, where we don't really have hard evidence for combat use. Personally, I suspect the antler decorations don't belong in that category as well, but I haven't researched the matter to any meaningful degree.
    As for ornamentations - maybe, but those cauldron-like helmets look really weird. I do respect the great work of modellers, but I guess the helmets must be altered somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by wrighty0044 View Post
    Loving the new release guys! Just a quick question, got level 4 farms in all 4 settlements as Parthia, but so far nothing seems to have changed after a few turns. Is there anything I'm missing? The culture hasn't changed. The thing I think I might be missing is the Rhagae settlement? Does it have a different name because I can't find it haha! I have Medea Rhaegana (which is now Arsakia) I presume that's the right place.

Thanks again for the quality mod
    Code:
            if I_SettlementOwner sett_131 = f_parthia               ; Asaak                         ;;; default reform based on agricultural development
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_132 = f_parthia          ; Hekatompylos
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_124 = f_parthia          ; Ekbatana
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_187 = f_parthia          ; Rhagae
                and I_CompareCounter parthia_agriculture_development > 3
    131 stays Asaak when conquered
    132 renames to Shahr i Kumesh
    124 renames to Hamadan
    187 renames to Arsakia

Do you have all four of those? Do you have "Large Scale Farming" or higher in all four of them? e.g. Estates are high and would work.

Hi Myarta

Thanks for your quick response. I have Large Scale Farming in Arsakia, Hamadan & SIK. In Asaak I have Large Scale Pastoral Farming. Its the fourth level but seems to be under something different, sedentary agriculture. Is that the issue?

Hi Myarta

Thanks for your quick response. I have Large Scale Farming in Arsakia, Hamadan & SIK. In Asaak I have Large Scale Pastoral Farming. Its the fourth level but seems to be under something different, sedentary agriculture. Is that the issue?
    ...oh. I think that means the Reform was not updated to the new Pastoral settlement system. You'll never be able to build the right building (farms_four) because the hybrid farming system that Asaak was changed to prevents it from building the fully settled agriculture.

Large Scale Farming (farms_four) has a minimum of a city (6k population), while the equivalent for the hybrid system would be a pastfarms_six (Large Scale Pastoral Farming).

This has been fixed in the dev copy and will be included in 2.3a. Regrettably, this is not a save-compatible fix. If you'd like to start over as Parthia, you can edit your script file and begin again, this time with the reform working:

Open mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt and find the part that says 'count developed farms in relevant city - Asaak'.
    Note you must use Notepad++ not regular notepad, etc, to safely edit these files

You will see four blocks of 5 lines each, going from monitor_event to end_monitor. The first of the blocks is for Asaak. Change the line from > farms_three to > pastfarms_five. Leave the other four blocks alone. It should look like this:

Code:
       monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName sett_131   ;;; count developed farms in relevant city - Asaak
            and SettlementBuildingExists > pastfarms_five
            inc_counter parthia_agriculture_development 1
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName sett_132   ;;; count developed farms in relevant city - Hekatompylos
            and SettlementBuildingExists > farms_three
            inc_counter parthia_agriculture_development 1
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    ... etc

Hi Myarta

The issue is that the script is wrong for Asaak - it was changed to a pastoral settlement late before the release, and I forgot to update the conditions under the reform. So it isn't possible to achieve the Imperial reform, except through the fallback that occurs on turn 241.

Oh right, fallback. I forgot about that because I was distracted. If you like your save, feel free to just wait for 241 then.

Ok no worries, thanks guys. I'll just wait for 241, its not actually that many turns now. Again thanks for the work on the new release, the level of detail is awesome

I have noticed that the turn time has increased a lot and that spies “lag” when moving, is this normal?
    Great mod as always

Just a note, turn time decreased for me when i stopped putting the kingdoms.exe on windows xp compatibility mode (win 7 here). No crashes either, though i still run it as administrator.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I've played a campaign past turn 220 and haven't had a single CTD yet. There must be something wrong, I don't think this has ever happened to me in TW before