Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Love 2.3 so far. I have been playing as Epeiros, and it has truly been a blast. Carthage seems to be holding the Numidans at bay without steamrolling them. They have taken all of Sicily and even Massillia (100 turns in).

I really like the changes to settlement placements. I walked around with my spy looking for Segesta for way longer than I like to admit. And Hispania looks so much more enjoyable now with the Luisatane Captial closer to the middle.

Phyrrus died in a meaningless battle against some native Elutheroi after taking Epidamnos at the ripe age of 58.

Ohh and I almost forgot the best part. I laid siege to a fully stacked Pella and ignored the Makedonian FH standing a few tiles away with two units thinking he would not be a threat. That bastard dissapeard for 3 turns and came back with a 3/4 stack of mercenaries.

Thank you EB team.

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

You guys are just the greatest! I can't wait to sink my teeth into the new version

I believe I will try a campaign as Hayastan as my previous one was cut short.

Thank you to everyone involved in this amazing project! And also thank you for being open with sharing the glorious assets you have created

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Just wanted to express my thanks for this, as I have been quietly lurking trying to spread the existence of this mod in military history forums. Replaying one of the factions introduced in 2.2b, Pergamon again now in 2.3 and its nostalgic, got 10 or 12 turns in so far H/M, we'll see how it goes, as it seems every new faction I play with every new update I go more and more turns.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Still didn't have time to play EB 2.3 but, is it possible to influence AI expansion through assigning them missions and benefits when accomplishing these missions, as it's done for the player? I remember that there was a submod in EBI that modified something like their AI victory conditions in order to historically influence their expansion (area of influence). I'm unware whether this has been previously discussed, so excuse the inconvenience if so it's the case. Thank you very much for sharing your magnificent work, once again! Cheers

No, the AI doesn't respond to "missions" or the like. CAI is mostly covered by hardcoded stuff we have no influence over. That's why you get annoying things like the northwards obsession.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

So far I am in around 80 turns (man the turn waiting cooldown is like 10s now - orgasmic) as Swebos. Pretty much got the whole north, around 14 towns/camps. Looking for Britain so far. I haven't noticed any bug yet. I haven't been in war with any faction yet though, but I had to break 2 alliances because they attacked my stronger ally .

Perroelo's Avatar Foederatus

Hi! What's the recommended diffficulty yo play 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    Hard campaign difficulty and either Medium or Hard battle difficulty.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    I personally enjoy Hard / Very hard. VH battles aren't "very hard" at all if you're an experienced medieval 2 player.

Tiro

Opps this is new!

No land pass W of Caucasus mountains? or is my map broken somehow?

https://imgur.com/a/PTasJ

Regards:

melvidh

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Opps this is new!

No land pass W of Caucasus mountains? or is my map broken somehow?

https://imgur.com/a/PTasJ

Regards:

melvidh
    No pass. Not only does it stop AI-Hayastan trying to rule the steppe, but it also stops AI-Bosporans walking into the Caucasus without bothering to build fleets.

Played for 150 turns - so far, no CTD (hope I didn't jinx it now).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No pass. Not only does it stop AI-Hayastan trying to rule the steppe, but it also stops AI-Bosporans walking into the Caucasus without bothering to build fleets.
    Yeah, it would be nice to have an engine with allows for passes that can only be crossed by agents and small trade routes.

Tiro

I know you cant do anything cause it is hardcoded and stuff, but seems like AI keeps loosing armies due to them going rebel ( maybe it is just this one in the whole game if id play zillion turns.. but.. just by chance my diplomat was arround when i saw this)
    https://imgur.com/a/aowmf

Regards:
    melvidh

at around turn ~210, been sitting in brittany as arverni, watching the world turn over and over. epirus was defeated early on, lougiones just recently wiped out, hispania is split evenly between carthage, leusitanii, areuakoi; KH are very strong, aedui invaded cisalpine gaul and now are easily holding on to genoa. im not sure if rome has expanded into greece yet but i can check that out soon. pritanoi and sweboz are having nonstop sea battles, and i think the sweboz are going to invade the isles, thats about 600 years too early, i think!

all the new additions to the gallic factions make playing them so much more immersive. all the new traits and ancillaries, the druidic and tribal training systems, the awesome new units, the new portraits, im in love! thank you all so much. if anyone hasn't played a gallic faction, give it a try. the campaign music is so pleasant

Has the starting mission for Pergamon, where the Seleukids ask you to invade Bithynia, been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    I know you cant do anything cause it is hardcoded and stuff, but seems like AI keeps loosing armies due to them going rebel ( maybe it is just this one in the whole game if id play zillion turns.. but.. just by chance my diplomat was arround when i saw this)
    https://imgur.com/a/aowmf

Regards:
    melvidh
    The AI only has 25% of the revolt chance of the player, but it will still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel the Finlander View Post
    Has the starting mission for Pergamon, where the Seleukids ask you to invade Bithynia, been removed?
    Yes, Pergamon has been completely redone script-wise. That mission didn't fit.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

I kinda like my leader, he's a living legend already!

Hi, guys.
    Let me ask you a few things and also thank you in advance for your replies. Here it goes.

I am playing a Roman campaign and I'm in year 240, turn 128 (I think).
    I have taken Tarentum and Region, all of Sicily, Bononia, Patavium, Bengirnorum and Massalia. Also Sardina and Corsega.
    So far, I only got to build the government type "Roman Province" in 2 of those territories, Lilibaeum and Bengirnorum. Is this happening because most of those territories do not have a "Large Town"? If this is so, is it still worth it to build the "Civitas Libera"? Can I even build Civitas Libera and then Roman Province?

Colonists.
    I am not sure if I understand it. Is the "colonist system" reprensented by the "buildings" Lex de Colonia Creando, or, Colonia Latina Minora?
    How does the 4 year system work? Can I only build these kind of buildings every 4 years? Can I build more than one everytime?
    Is there an actual number of colonists I get? If so, can I get more? How?

Polybian Reforms.
    Since I control all of Sicily and also Bononia and Patavium, and it's already past year 242, shouldn't I have got that by now? Or it's not exactly asap, but rather something that will trigger eventually when conditions are met?
    Also, exactly what buildings consist my MIC? I don't see anything like a barracks or even an armourer or something.

Sorry for the many questions, but this are the things that have been bothering me so far playing EBII.
    In termos of praise, everything else. The Cursus Honorum script is fantastic, very well thought out, with the Proconsuls and Propraetors making roleplay possible. Also I love the idea of having my younger FM travelling around with an older, more experienced leader, taking part in their 10 campaigns. The fact that they actually get traits like "tribunus militum" makes it even more fun.
    Loved the Ligurian script. I actually had more trouble taking down the Ligurians than fighting Carthage off Sicilia. Lost about 4 major battles against the Ligurians, and maybe a couple against Carthage.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by neo_deus View Post
    Hi, guys.
    Let me ask you a few things and also thank you in advance for your replies. Here it goes.

I am playing a Roman campaign and I'm in year 240, turn 128 (I think).
    I have taken Tarentum and Region, all of Sicily, Bononia, Patavium, Bengirnorum and Massalia. Also Sardina and Corsega.
    So far, I only got to build the government type "Roman Province" in 2 of those territories, Lilibaeum and Bengirnorum. Is this happening because most of those territories do not have a "Large Town"? If this is so, is it still worth it to build the "Civitas Libera"? Can I even build Civitas Libera and then Roman Province?

Colonists.
    I am not sure if I understand it. Is the "colonist system" reprensented by the "buildings" Lex de Colonia Creando, or, Colonia Latina Minora?
    How does the 4 year system work? Can I only build these kind of buildings every 4 years? Can I build more than one everytime?
    Is there an actual number of colonists I get? If so, can I get more? How?
    Hello,

Some ( if not all) of those questions are answered in the superb thread/guide our forum fellow Mantaprey wrote http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-and-Colonies and, if i am not wrong, Team packed up in their last release 2.3 in the player guide 2.3.pdf you have in your main EBII directory. Take a look to that file and see if you understand the diagrams Mantaprey had the patience and art to make. You can see the government and colonies options/ develop , requeriments ( geographical restriction ( if any), buildings needed, culture needed ( if any), size of settlement ( if needed), etc). Check it first and then you could ask any doubt here maybe?

Regards:

melvidh

Thanks for the reply, melvidh.
    I have read the guide, it's very good, although I think it could be a little clearer in certain points.
    Like if I can/should build Civitas Libera or wait for a Large Town. Or what colonists actually are, if something other than a building design to simulate colonists.

Any info on that Polybian Reforms Issue?

EDIT:
    Suggestion:Adding info about Faction Reforms to the Guide would be excellent!