Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Many thanks to the whole team for the latest major update.

Some findings thus far:
    • The governor of Nicaia should rather be Nicomedes, right?
    • Units where an existing voice file could be assigned to (voice files in brackets):
      • Phalangitai Deuteroi -> “phalangitai deuteroi” (greek_unit_select_hellenistic_infantry_phalangitai_deuteroi_1) (greek_unit_select_hellenistic_infantry_phalangitai_deuteroi_2)
      • Agema Phalangitai -> "phalangitai" (just like Epilektoi Hoplitai have "hoplitai") (greek_unit_select_hellenistic_infantry_phalangitai_1) (greek_unit_select_hellenistic_infantry_phalangitai_2) (greek_unit_select_hellenistic_infantry_phalangitai_3)

I've learned from hard experience that raiding with single FMs is extremely risky business. The FL is about the only one who's completely "safe" in that role, but the rest should be combined so you always have at least 2 FMs in any raiding force. It's less risky if you include a diplomat, spy, or assassin in the same stack as your lone FM, but even that can backfire (although it's rare).

As for visible devastation and the income screen, raiding income will not show up as a line item. The only way to tell is to look at the income screen the turn before it's due (which will include the estimated total for the next turn), and then next turn compare the actual total with the previous estimate. Also, devastation won't always be visible on the map for every raiding stack, but it will certainly build up over time (there's also a correlation between the size of the raiding stack and the amount of visible devastation).
    EBII Council

just when i started enjoying warhammer 2 a little bit
    this come alive
    oh will the mortal empires gonna have to piss of for the next month or so

thank u so much guys
    downloading

It's the meaningless automatic output from the engine that appears on the unit card. Most of what you see there is garbage. It's just a reflection of their low morale stat (as skirmish cavalry, they have relatively low morale).
    Got it! Thanks for the reply, Quintus Sertorius.

Came across one problem. Honestly don't know if this is a new issue or not, but here it goes. My Faction Leader died. I can't honestly remember whom I picked as heir in the 1st turn, so I don't know if he's the leader now. The leader is, however, a suitable character; one of my oldest FM (if not actually the oldest), ex consul, etc etc. But I am not happy at all with my current heir, and I couldn't find any way to change that.
    Is this possible? If so, how?

You can't change the current Heir, only influence the next one with the script that pops up at the start. If you dismissed that, and rejected it again on turn 5, then the game chooses for you.

hi
    so i started as sabai arab faction
    i toke zafar and the nearby settlment by turn 9 and went and laid siege to shabwat
    and a rebel army appeared by the script tribal army
    so they laid siege to mayreb i ignored them and kept sieging shabwat so they left without attacking
    next turn they retuned and laid siege again and initiated an attack even though they have no means to break the gate it looked like the game made me look like i wanna sally out dunno why else a battle would be allowed
    and once the battle starts i get u are victorious option and if i want to continue or end the battle and after that the army is gone even though i have not killed a single soldier
    dunno if this is a bug

You can't change the current Heir, only influence the next one with the script that pops up at the start. If you dismissed that, and rejected it again on turn 5, then the game chooses for you.
    I didn't dismiss it. I choose a faction heir on the 1st turn. I can't remember about turn 5 though. Do I have to choose both times?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    hi
    so i started as sabai arab faction
    i toke zafar and the nearby settlment by turn 9 and went and laid siege to shabwat
    and a rebel army appeared by the script tribal army
    so they laid siege to mayreb i ignored them and kept sieging shabwat so they left without attacking
    next turn they retuned and laid siege again and initiated an attack even though they have no means to break the gate it looked like the game made me look like i wanna sally out dunno why else a battle would be allowed
    and once the battle starts i get u are victorious option and if i want to continue or end the battle and after that the army is gone even though i have not killed a single soldier
    dunno if this is a bug
    Might be - we'll have to look at the script.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by neo_deus View Post
    I didn't dismiss it. I choose a faction heir on the 1st turn. I can't remember about turn 5 though. Do I have to choose both times?
    Terminology matters - you can only pick the "Successor", not the "Heir". If either the leader or heir should die, the successor then becomes Heir, and you should get a new pop-up allowing you to pick the next Successor (so yes, this repeats in perpetuity). It's possible (I've certainly done it) to not actually select the successor (i.e you canceled the successor message and the family tree window didn't appear, you picked somebody ineligible, you closed the family tree window improperly, etc). When you do it correctly, you get a pop-up notifying you that the chosen FM has "Inheritance Rights", there will be an uplifting tune playing in the background, and the guy will have a Successor trait. If all three don't happen, you don't have a successor.

Edit: The "Turn 5" option only appears one time - IF you canceled the Successor message on Turn1.
    Last edited by Kull; October 21, 2017 at 09:55 PM.
    EBII Council

Keep getting Access Denied trying to run the EBII.exe for the armies folder. Not sure what's happening as I am the only user so it's not an Admin problem

EDIT: NVM may have fixed it
    Re-EDIT: Download worked but now cannot open either the main game nor EB2.3. Please help
    Last edited by Haze88; October 21, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    Keep getting Access Denied trying to run the EBII.exe for the armies folder. Not sure what's happening as I am the only user so it's not an Admin problem

EDIT: NVM may have fixed it
    Re-EDIT: Download worked but now cannot open either the main game nor EB2.3. Please help
    Please read through the installation instructions and follow them EXACTLY, as they pertain to your O/S (linus, mac, windows version) and game type (Steam/CD). It's impossible for EB2 to prevent vanilla M2TW from working, so if that's the case, you've done something wrong.

If you still have problems after a detailed following of the instructions, please post all pertinent details to include the O/S, game type, and the path of your installation directory.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Also, some of my provinces have high levels of corruption. Is there any way of reducing corruption? I can't see any buildings that would reduce it...
    Thanks
    Corrupt is reduced by Law. So there are garrison buildings, sea patrol buildings for coastal provinces (unlocked by higher levels of port), and temple_of_governors (Zeus/Jupiter/Azura-mazda etc) that all give law bonuses.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Corrupt is reduced by Law. So there are garrison buildings, sea patrol buildings for coastal provinces (unlocked by higher levels of port), and temple_of_governors (Zeus/Jupiter/Azura-mazda etc) that all give law bonuses.
    In addition to what myarta says , there are some traits/ancillaries with law bonuses that ever help to reduce corruption. So a "good" governor with the right traits + ancillaries helps too.
    umhh... and depending on your faction there are goverments, either factional or allied ones, that gives bonus ( or malus) to law, same way with colonies. You may want to look for those with + law bonus in some situations/locations forgetting about other issues like recruitment or building capabilities. Now we are lucky enought to have an awesome player guide , our fellow Mantapray is our "hero" here, that can help a lot deciding about those. You have the player guide 2.3.pdf in your main ebii 2.3 directory.
    Regards:
    melvidh

melvidh

Was the allied gov recruitment changed for hellenistic factions? There seems to be less quality units and more levy ones. Also one particular strategy of building level 2 oligarchies on Taras/Sparte as say Epirus, in order to get more tarantinoi/spartiatai recruits, no longer works. Was that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Was the allied gov recruitment changed for hellenistic factions? There seems to be less quality units and more levy ones. Also one particular strategy of building level 2 oligarchies on Taras/Sparte as say Epirus, in order to get more tarantinoi/spartiatai recruits, no longer works. Was that intended?
    Yes it was. What was removed was the doubling-up of Greek units, given you already get them from the polis present in those places. Allied Governments shouldn't give you lots more units than non-Hellenistic factions get in Greek settlements, that was never the intent. So they get a small number, because the presence of the polis is accounted for. For example, this is eastern Sicily in the Allied Democracy:

Code:
    ;;; EASTERN SICILY
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry hippakontistai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippeis"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "italic infantry hustatus"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1 and not hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1 and not hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai"  1  0.06  2  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi"  1  0.06  2  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hemithorakitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thureophoroi"  1  0.06  2  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry akontistai"  1  0.06  2  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry akontistai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry euzonoi"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry toxotai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry sphendonitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_2, f_hayasdan, f_parthia, f_gandhara, cul_5, cul_6, cul_7, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    ;;; EASTERN SICILY - Hellenistic factions
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry hippakontistai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippeis"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "italic infantry hustatus"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1 and not hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1 and not hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi"  1  0.06  2  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource royal_core
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hemithorakitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thureophoroi"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry toxotai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry sphendonitai"  1  0.03  1  0  requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, f_pontos, } and hidden_resource hr_island and hidden_resource hr_a and hidden_resource greek1
    So yes, that was intended. You build Allied Governments in Greek regions as a Hellenistic faction to avoid the order penalties of Stasis and Autonomia, not to get a recruitment boost.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; October 22, 2017 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Terminology matters - you can only pick the "Successor", not the "Heir". If either the leader or heir should die, the successor then becomes Heir
    This is by no means guaranteed. I've ran repeated Boii tests where I've chosen Tasgetios as my PS and ~100% of the time, Taskouianos still becomes the next heir when Bossomaros dies and Brennos becomes the new FL. AFAIK, the PS script still won't work properly for me.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

YESSSSS!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hello !
    Congratulations for your amazing mod !
    I only have one question : following your instructions for Mac users, is it possible to get the EBII settlements in the game ? I mean, by placing the "settlements" folder on the desktop, that's likely we gonna see the vanilla settlements in siege battles isn't it ?

If yes, do you know a way we could use them without crash ? I tried this one ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...u)-and-Mac#mac ) unfortunately I didn't manage to get it work

Thanks for your great work !
    Is there any way to get EBII settlements to work on Mac ? Because attacking medieval cities (or Maya settlements in Greece) in 272 BC is quite disturbing and breaks the immersion
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; October 22, 2017 at 07:32 AM.

Hi guys, i have a problem with the installation of 2.3. I had the 2.2r and i've installed it properly follow the installation process, all worked fine. I did the same thing with 2.3, uninstalling before all M2TW and EBII2.2r and re-installing M2TW Collection (wich is included Kingdom patched to 1.52). When i've installed the 2.3 version i click upon the EBII launcher, select the mod, click to start it, but the game doesn't start and theres a pop-up telling me "CA_LIBS".
    Here the system log txt.
    14:28:48.057 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:28:48.057 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:28:48.057 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle_ed.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle_ed.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/expanded.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/expanded.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/expanded.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/expanded.txt is missing
    14:28:48.073 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/missions.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/date_format.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/shortcuts_lookup.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/shortcuts_lookup.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/descr_shortcuts.txt is missing
    14:28:48.089 [system.rpt] [error]

My game slows down massively after about 6 mintues while I'm recording the gameplay. I'm not sure why. My PC is powerful enough. After 6 minutes or so the recording stops and the game slows to like 2fps. Any suggestions?