Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Just checking if this is now intentional or a bug. In my Pergamon game, Hetaroi show up on the recruitment table despite the kingship reform not having occured (it's turn 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    Just checking if this is now intentional or a bug. In my Pergamon game, Hetaroi show up on the recruitment table despite the kingship reform not having occured (it's turn 5).
    Not a bug. Kingship is no longer linked to your government building. However, what it will grant you is recruitment of Galatian units in Pergamon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Or disband some units and build up your infrastructure.

That is the route of milk drinkers.

Wow Great News! Thanks so much for uploading this.
    Downloading Now!

How do you fix the biography window going upwards above the screen issue, making it impossible to read the first half of it? Playing on 1366x768.

Enormous "Thanks" to all the team

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Ssshht, the latter aren't done yet.
    Sorry my lord.

Quick question about Stasis and the other Hellenistic "unrest building" (can't remember the name, sorry!) - is there any combination of governments/poleis/colonies that nullifies the unrest (apart from allied state gov), or do I just have to accept the penalty if I want to build, say, hyparchies or satrapies in Western Anatolia as the Seleukids?

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Quick question about Stasis and the other Hellenistic "unrest building" (can't remember the name, sorry!) - is there any combination of governments/poleis/colonies that nullifies the unrest (apart from allied state gov), or do I just have to accept the penalty if I want to build, say, hyparchies or satrapies in Western Anatolia as the Seleukids?
    Autonomia is the other one. Hellenes don't like being ruled by other Hellenes who think they're kings. Build an Allied Government, or accept the penalty.

Thanks for the quick response! Imo this is an interesting feature. Before, in all my AS runs, I would secure Anatolia ASAP for the easy money/colonists, but now there's incentive to consolidate and maybe expand elsewhere before committing to the conquest of the Hellenistic world.

Does this mean that some already unrest-prone cities will be extremely difficult or even impossible to hold as a Hellenistic faction without installing an allied gov? Because, if so, that's irritating from a min-max perspective but it does add flavour. On balance I welcome this change.

Dear all!

I realized if i change the medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe compatibility mode to windows 7, then it will extremly slow down the end turn time.
    In this case circa 2min. If i turn off this options the end turn time less then 20 sec. I have win 10. I hope this helps.
    The question is for me, can it cause any change in the a.i. activity?

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! Imo this is an interesting feature. Before, in all my AS runs, I would secure Anatolia ASAP for the easy money/colonists, but now there's incentive to consolidate and maybe expand elsewhere before committing to the conquest of the Hellenistic world.

Does this mean that some already unrest-prone cities will be extremely difficult or even impossible to hold as a Hellenistic faction without installing an allied gov? Because, if so, that's irritating from a min-max perspective but it does add flavour. On balance I welcome this change.
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. Note the assignment of Stasis and Autonomia isn't random or every Greek city - they were all specifically chosen. There are some places with only Stasis (eg Syrakousai) and I think only Autonomia, too. The idea is to prevent Hellenistic factions having an ahistorically easy time taking already-Greek places just because there's no culture penalty. Athenai for example, was rife with factionalism and political unrest, it didn't matter who was nominally in charge of it. Leave them to their own devices (ie install an Allied Government) and they exhaust their energies scheming against each other, instead of the nominal ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumSpirit View Post
    Dear all!

I realized if i change the medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe compatibility mode to windows 7, then it will extremly slow down the end turn time.
    In this case circa 2min. If i turn off this options the end turn time less then 20 sec. I have win 10. I hope this helps.
    The question is for me, can it cause any change in the a.i. activity?

Peace!
    Obviously the change to Compatibility Mode only applies to Windows 7.

No, it doesn't have any impact whatsoever on AI activity, only on the stability of the game on Win7 machines.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Where are Colchian and Caucasian Iberian Units ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Where are Colchian and Caucasian Iberian Units ?
    Not done yet.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Not done yet.

Antique writers Often written about them .

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Antique writers Often written about them .
    I said they're not done yet, not that they won't be. Our modellers/skinners work on the units that interest them, with concepts that give enough information to work from. They have concepts, but the artists are working on other things at the moment.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I said they're not done yet, not that they won't be. Our modellers/skinners work on the units that interest them, with concepts that give enough information to work from. They have concepts, but the artists are working on other things at the moment.
    Good news

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Congratulations to the EB2 team for amazing mode that they made! Thanks so much!

as far as I remeber there were also some others factions coming? (New Guys) or we should wait in the future release I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Congratulations to the EB2 team for amazing mode that they made! Thanks so much!

as far as I remeber there were also some others factions coming? (New Guys) or we should wait in the future release I guess
    The remaining factions will be in 2.4.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Congratulations on the new release Thanks to all EB2 team members!

I´m downloading it right now